No announcement yet.

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm reading The Bone People by Keri Hulme. kinda weird writing style but it's a pretty cool story. It's a book set in New Zealand with a Maori theme. It's about a young, mute boy who was found washed up on the shore a couple of years ago, his adoptive, alcoholic father and a hermit woman who lives in a tower alone.
    sigpic

Comment

• currently reading Wicked, though i thot i lost it at school and recently found it in my bedroom
      eat my dust

Comment

• Hey guys , I read a lot of books simultaneously depending on the mood .
        Currently I am reading Inkspell , Artemis Fowl and Opal Deception and the Great Expectations .
        If cancer is our love, then I hope you don’t have the technology of chemotherapy.

Comment

• hey maniac have you read the one after opal deception, the lost colony? Thats my FAVOURITE artemis fowl
          The last book was confusing (and sad cos it was the last one )

Comment

• The Villa ~ Nora Roberts

Comment

• Cujo - Stephen King
              Cℓĭck Here to pℓαγ "Tђє First Door"
              tђє мost cђαℓℓєηgĭηg oηℓĭηє qυєst.

"We don't stop playing games because we grow old,
              we grow old because we stop playing games"
              sigpic

Comment

• Hey @Snizzbut - I finished the whole series now . I liked the Lost Colony the most as well . And The Time Paradox comes a close second . Don't worry , Eoin Colfer hasn't finished with Artemis yet . He left the series at a cliffhanger , with Opal still hiding and all ..
                If cancer is our love, then I hope you don’t have the technology of chemotherapy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                  Hey @Snizzbut - I finished the whole series now . I liked the Lost Colony the most as well . And The Time Paradox comes a close second . Don't worry , Eoin Colfer hasn't finished with Artemis yet . He left the series at a cliffhanger , with Opal still hiding and all ..
                  Really? i hope so, my friend said it was the last book, i dunno why

Comment

• I'm reading the "Holmes on the Range" series by Stephen Hockensmith.
                    Don't forget you are awesome.

Comment

• Right now i'm reading Devil bones by Kathy Reichs.
                      Whem i've finished that i'm starting The lost symbol by Dan Brown

Comment

• I highly recommend Hunger Games and Catching Fire, the first two books available in the trilogy from Suzanne Collins. Amazing stories! I can't wait for the third (as yet unnamed) installment in the series. It should be out in fall of 2010.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Read them both i actually did a book report on them i liked them i would recommend them to anyone who likes books that have a hint at love yet underlying turmoil followed by one tough decision after another so many twists youll be dying for the next one to come out waiting for september to roll around (stepahnie Meyer reviewed catching fire and said "I was so obsessed with this book that i had to take it with me out to dinner and hide it under the edge of the table so i wouldnt have to stop reading. The story kept me up for the several nights in a row, because even after i finished i lay in bed wide awake thinking about it....." The end of the second book threw a big twist right at the end so you sit there reading that last sentence and jsut stare and say well what happend next

Edit: Between books currently just finished the newest Alex Rider book by Anthony Horowitz Book 8 in a 10 book series next to be out unknown.
                          Any recomendations for a book to read? I love fiction i read anything fast paced or anything just emersing
                          Last edited by funja; 12-21-2009, 04:49:36.
                          sigpic

Comment

• @funja have you read any books by Garth Nix?
                            If you havent then i would seriously recommend them especially shades children or the first of a series sabriel they are very deep and fast paced with amazing stories i got completely lost in their worlds. If you like modern stuff set in the future read shades children if you like more magic stuff read sabriel.
                            He also wrote the keys to the kingdom series (last book lord sunday isnt out yet) theyre a bit wierd and take a while to get used to but great anyway read mister monday and if you like it read the next one.
                            He is now my fav author of all time, (sorry JK youve been replaced)
                            Hes a bit like eoin colfer crossed with tolkien (imo anyway)

Comment

• I'm reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin (1st book of A Song of Ice and Fire series).
                              Suomi-Riddle

Suomi-Riddle 2

Comment

• havent read sabriel they kind of look weird but i will pick them up since i have read some weird books lately and i havnt heard about the shades of children ill look into those too thank you waiting on lord sunday and the incomparble gardens which the last book ended in a major cliff hanger. I found something well i found something already read three of the books gonna pick up the 4th book in The Gatekeepers By Anthony Horowitz he also wrote the alex rider books which ive read all of waitng on the ninth okay so here are the books i am am stuck saying im still reading because the last book isnt out or the next one is waitng to be wrote

Alex Rider books
                                Keys to the kingdom
                                Gatekeepers
                                The secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flammel books
                                The hunger Games

Waiting for the second part of the series in the Percy Jackson and the olympian books also known since he wont be in the next books probably The Camp Half Blood books

I think thats it but i might have left a series off

EDIT: Just found out that the 3rd hunger games book title will be released 8-24-10 an exact month from the realease of the third book 9-24-10 thought that was a little strange
                                Last edited by funja; 01-02-2010, 05:13:19.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X