No announcement yet.

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished Dean Koontz's latest book, "Breathless." Very good, though I must admit I was a LITTLE disappointed in the ending. It felt a little as though he rushed the end. But it was still an AWESOME book.

EDIT: Tonight I'm planning on starting Stephen King's "Under the Dome."

Comment

• Originally posted by EscapeGirl View Post
      I just finished Dean Koontz's latest book, "Breathless." Very good, though I must admit I was a LITTLE disappointed in the ending. It felt a little as though he rushed the end. But it was still an AWESOME book.

EDIT: Tonight I'm planning on starting Stephen King's "Under the Dome."
      You should read "A Big Little Life: Memoirs of a Joyful Dog" by Dean Koontz. While completely unlike his typical novel, this memoir is a MUST for pet lovers! I think you'd like it, EG.
      sigpic

Comment

• I will check for it. I know he also wrote a Christmas book by "Trixie Koontz, dog." He's my all time favorite author and I love his humor. Plus, I am sure the memoirs of Trixie would be fabulous.

I've read every book he has ever written except for his Frankenstein series (I have the first in the series, but haven't yet read it) and the Trixie books. I even read his graphic novels.

Comment

• Trixie Koontz, who is dog, has written 4 books now. I bought two of them for my mom for Christmas. "Bacon is good. I am good. Yet I am not bacon. Why? Mystery."
          sigpic

Comment

• Hehehe. Yes. I've read the backs of several of them. And I am a fan of Dean Koontz on Facebook, plus I get his newsletter and I always LOVE when I read those little things. So cute and so funny.

Comment

• i've just finished reading Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult. i love her books got Crocodile Tears by Anthony Horowitz for my bday so i guess i'm reading that one next
              sigpic

Comment

• just finished 4th book of anthony horowitz's gatekeepers series 1 book left but he wont be writing that until alex rider is finished. On to The second book of The secrets of the immortal nicholas flamel, Magician, by Michael Scott
                sigpic

Comment

• I just finished reading Elfland. It was a really good book. That you should check out is you ever get the chance.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Ok, just found a new children's author to add to my favorites list... Kate DiCamillo (author of The Tale of Despereaux). I finished The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane tonight. It's a quick read, very simple, but it's been a long time since a book brought me to tears like this one did. So heart-warming, yet so heart-breaking...

Now moving on to Desereaux and soon the rest of her books.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Picked up another book about my state the other day,a slim volume called "It Happened in New Mexico".I knew it wasn't going to be any kind of in-depth history,but I like to have books like that around for out-of-state/country guests.

But I found a glaring mistake: At the end of the chapter "Countdown at Trinity" the author (James A. Crutchfield) writes: The Trinity Site is closed to the public....

WRONG

Trinity Site is open to the public the first Saturday of April & October.I've been there,the reason for those particular dates is something they don't mention until you get there: during the winter it's too cold & during the summer the place is crawling with scorpions & rattlesnakes.
                      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Seeker by William Nicholson
                        sigpic

Comment

• Just finished Lirael by Garth Nix
                          Best
                          Book
                          Ever

Also biggest cliffhanger ending in any book ive ever read so im off to buy the final in the trilogy: Abhorsen!

Comment

• Eclipse and Percy Jackson series .
                            If cancer is our love, then I hope you don’t have the technology of chemotherapy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                              Eclipse and Percy Jackson series .
                              is percy jackson good?

Comment

• Picked up a book on pirates the other day,Under the Black Flag by David Cordlingly,good historical read.Published in 1996,the author also talks about the influence of popular culture on our perception of pirates (Treasure Island started it all),but doesn't mention "Pirates of the Caribbean" of course.He does write about other pirates around the world & I wonder if the screenwriters for PotC read the book
                                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X