Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden TD

(strategy)

Defend your garden from bugs by placing gnomes, poisoned balls, spitting cactuses, timer bombs, gas sprayers, laser towers and chewing gums. Good luck!

Play Here

Oh no someone has moved Glasgow and never told me. Where is my suitcase?

Comment

LOL Dalveen

Must be due to the financial crisis, moving Glasgow was sort of a job-creating measure

Comment

Good thinking Mistery. I'll stay where I am for the moment and see what happens.....wow spooky quiet.

Comment

Well, maybe it will be moved back tomorrow Just sleep in a tent tonight

Gah, they get pretty powerful those bugs

EDIT
          Okay I'm using a huge amount of poisoned balls at the beginning while I don't have enough money, works out so far more or less
          And as soon as I have enough money, I create the two specialized gnomes (ground + air).

Aha, there are 20 levels and I just got past level 5 (although I had the feeling that I played more than 5 maps ).
          Got the hang of it now - although this doesn't mean that I won't have problems on later levels

I'd rather like that the level number is shown on the game screen instead of the "Welcome to Garden TD" text before each and every level though

Comment

Great Game

Very nice game. Those last few levels took a bit to win. Just finished and got a nice gift from the queen. So now on to my real garden.

Comment

After several days and well over 100 tries using various combinations, I'm pretty much convinced that level 16 is impossible. I'm to the point where I want to maim some game designers!

Comment

I haven't played yet Jal so I can't help but it appears Thalassa can help. Gonna try it tonight.

I do know when I got stuck on other TD games it helped to replay lower levels to attain extra power-ups, skills, etc. Don't know if that applies to this one.

Comment

I couldn't get passed 11, and replaying early levels didn't seem to help...
                  sigpic

Comment

After well over 200 tries, I somehow managed to pass level 16 with 4 lives left. The next three went easily enough, but level 20 is not possible at all. You have three paths to defend, with only two places for overlap defense.

You can't set your towers to attack specific enemy groups (weakest, last in, etc), and they just shoot whoever they want. No concentration of fire, no threat management. The biggest problem comes when invincible caterpillars rush through at roughly five times the speed of light. Whatever comes behind them gets a free pass, because all your towers are shooting at the caterpillars well until they are past your base, giving everything else a free walk right up to your gate.

You end up using all your money on stupid gas bombs that don't each kill a single enemy like they say they do. Lots of enemies simply fly right through them and keep going. Or bombs with a five second timer that takes at least three times that to count down. If you lay out a bomb at your base when the caterpillars arrive on screen, it will not go off until they are off screen and into your base, making it absolutely worthless against them.

Your towers are no winners, either. Besides not being able to select enemies, you have to be very careful with your placement. Boomerang gnomes cannot hit an enemy that's flying away from them, making them at least 50% worthless. Cactus towers only hit when placed exactly so, and quite often completely miss entire swarms of enemies. Gas towers, for all their cost, only affect low level enemies, and cannot upgrade their damage. Your initial pellet gnome, even fully upgraded, is worthless past level ten or so.

Overall, this is one of the poorer designed tower defense games I've played. It seems that not enough went into testing to determine if it was playable. I'll stick with Bloons Tower Defense, which has a lot of the same elements. It may have been designed by the same people. It's at least possible to make some progress in that game.

Comment

Level 20 is not mission impossible

I have just finished about 10th time. Usually with better and better score. Only one enemy - the boss - has reached the garden.

Dear Jal,
                      It is not enough to try 200 times, you must try different strategies.
                      Do not give up!

Comment

Working...
                      X