Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the problem that you describe here. It is not really possible to search for levels at the moment. If you wanted to have the possibility, people should add level numbers of course, but they also would have to write level+number in one word (e.g. "level12"), otherwise (e.g. for "level 12") the search system would show you all the posts with the word "level". So at the moment it is even a better idea to search for other clue words of the specific levels than for the level number.

But as I have experienced some of the players don't even look into the thread, just post their question at the end of it. We have so many walkthroughs (not in the riddle category of course) to which we have added the link in the first post, and there are still a lot of questions posted. And although we have added to most of the riddle games in the first post how to make spoilers, this question is asked over and over again in the thread ;-) So a collection of hints would certainly cut down a certain amount of those questions but there would be still the same questions posted I think.

Well, adding the hints continually would be too much of work for us mods if you ask me (this is my personal opinion and might be different from the opinios of other mods).
    We have to watch the whole forums and there is a lot going on in other categories aswell, not only in the riddle category. If I log in in the morning when I get up, it takes me at least 1-1.5 hours to check quickly through all new posts (even then I might miss 1-2 of them). And if I'm online for a longer time, there is also a lot going on (lots of new posts, technical questions on games, general questions on games, questions on the forum features, checking links, looking for alternative links if old links don't work etc.) so that I haven't been even able to play many games lately.
    The additional task of checking all the riddle threads continually for good hints, collecting them and updating a post (e.g. first post) with those would be too much of additional work for me to be honest. Although I can understand your request.
    However, if you and other players would take the responsibility to collect the good hints from time to time, post them and send a PM with the link to the game and the post number to one of the moderators, we can copy-paste and add them to the first post. This would be no problem at all.

Well, this is what I personally think, maybe other moderators will post another opinion on that topic.

Comment

In agree with Mistery, users should collect and send hints via PM to moderators or to me. This is the best way in my opinion.

He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

Comment

Yes that is a good idea. I think most of the moderators are playing riddles these days. So it is easier to collect good hints and gather them up in one place and then add it in the lead post. The idea of adding level numbers in the subject while giving hints will be really good. Whenever I want to give a hint for a certain level I usually mention the number in the subject. This way it becomes easier when we use the search engine

Maybe we can open a sub forum in the walkthroughs forum called as "Hints for riddles" and in the sub forum of "Hints for riddles" we can start a thread with hints for each riddle. Just like the subforum we have for DoodleBoard in "General chat"
        Then we can just give the link of it in the lead post of every riddle game. Just like we do for the walkthroughs of escape games.
        For example
        Name of sub forum ~ Hints for riddles
        >>>Another online riddle ( hints for all levels )
        >>>>Notspam ( hints for all levels )
        and so on.
        Last edited by Eternal Becky; 08-13-2006, 12:34:35.
        Cℓĭck Here to pℓαγ "Tђє First Door"
        tђє мost cђαℓℓєηgĭηg oηℓĭηє qυєst.

"We don't stop playing games because we grow old,
        we grow old because we stop playing games"
        sigpic

Comment

It all sounds like more work for moderators, but I really think it would cut down a lot of the redundant, annoying posts that some people create. How many times have I seen the same user post three or four times in a row and you have to fix it? Or they ask you for help every other level when all they really needed was a more effective way to search the forum.. I think an improvement to the status quo would be win - win for users and mods. 20% of posts would likely dissappear, and users would get what they need. If there is some way that I can help, I'd be more than happy too since I opened the can of worms. I do like these forums - nice community
          I hereby declare war on sheet music riddles.

Comment

I agree, we got a nice community on GamersHood :-)
            As I said, I see your point and I'm not saying that I would not help to build up such a system at all, but I don't think that moderators can take the whole and official responsibility for it.
            I think we should all work together on realising a place for hints for the riddle games. And I hope that it will work like we imagine it right now :-)

Comment

I have an....."idea"...
              We have a "Creativity" forum, a "News" forum, a "Music" forum, a "Movies" forum, a "Sport" forum, and some other forums...why don't we have a "Books" forum? It's just something that I noticed some days ago, and there are many people on GH that like reading and it would be cool to have a forum where we could talk about books, like in "Music", "Movies" and "Sport" forums.
              What do you think?
              Going on a trip around the universe on a convertible

Comment

If here are more book fans, make some voice and i will make that forum as soon as possible

He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

Comment

i got a suggestion ^^ if its possible make a sort of msn type talk where its not click and wait for it to load and if u can do that it can have its own 'wittle area' in the forums

Comment

You mean like a chat room? Seems more members like this idea and so far I am the only one who is really against it.
                    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

No,dear Adventure, you are not. I support your point of view for the same reasons that you already have mentioned.

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

i'm stuck

[stairs] go down and open the door [/spoiler]
                        Last edited by Adventure; 05-26-2007, 20:55:39. Reason: Merged posts
                        Morgana

Comment

Morgana,

What do you need us to suggest?? If you need to test making the spoiler tags, you have to go to other thread.

Comment

@Morgana, and if if you need help with a game, please post in the game thread itself.
                            Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

How about making a text- based RPG, like when you put the plot, then a character form, then you play using words?

I am an elite member of GFARTDO

I am the witch of GH planet!!

Also french partner of HeartoftheDark

Comment

Forgive me if this exists but I haven't spotted it. A feature to view games in
                                a specific category by submission date as opposed to alphabetical order would be nice.

i.e.

Newly suggested games or more or less chronological. But there are folks
                                like myself who think riddles aren't games at all and are overly abundant :-).

I admittedly don't care for anything on gamershood but the pnc games.
                                Unfortunately when I don't watch the new games list I will occasionally miss
                                a good one.

I cannot help but add how poor the descriptions of some games and
                                their play is presented. My only guess is many of the moderators do not
                                use English as their primary language.

Comment

Working...
                                X