X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could try it also this way. Go to
    http://www.the-n.com/games/
    Look for the Hook-Up game on the left top and try to start it from there.

Comment

yep, I've tried that too!! Argh!!!!

Comment

I'm really sorry, but I have no more ideas how I could help you. It is especially strange if you have no problems with other games only with this one (I assume this is the case).

By the way: since we have filled almost 2 pages with discussing the loading problems, I'm going to move this last part of the thread into the Problems area of GamersHood. You will find it here:
        http://gamershood.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Comment

ok, thanks for your help. Never had any problems with any other games. Please if anyone else can help it I would appreciate it or if you could recommend a similar game.

Comment

Have you tried to click on another game on that site (to see if maybe the site is blocked by your pc)?
            __________________________________________________ _________

Troubleshooting site of Flash Player says:

I have installed Macromedia Flash Player but still don't see any Flash content. What is wrong?

The most common reasons that Flash content fails to display are:

Pop-up blockers blocking Flash
            The most common cause of Flash movies failing to display is the presence of a pop-up/ad blocker software that specifically targets Flash content. To find out more about this please see Flash movies do not appear after installing the Flash Player (TN 19091).

Internet Explorer Settings on a Macintosh
            On the Macintosh there is a setting in Internet Explorer to enable plug-ins. This setting is located in the Explorer > Preferences menu of the browser. In the Preferences dialog box, select Web Content under Browser Display. Then ensure that the Enable Plug-ins option is selected.

Internet utilities blocking ActiveX
            Some Internet Utilities, such as Norton Internet Utilities, perform functions similar to a firewall and may restrict viewing of ActiveX controls. You need to ensure that your firewall or utility settings are set to allow ActiveX controls or you will not be able to view Flash movies in Internet Explorer.

Comment

Not working links

i foundet links that doesnt work:

http://gamershood.com/forum/showpost...24&postcount=1
              this images doesnt work.

http://gamershood.com/forum/showpost...55&postcount=1
              the link to the game doesnt work.

Comment

Thanks dermik!

We know that the pics are not working and we have already discussed what to do with the thread (we want to wait and see if Vetnernsweetie provides us other links for the pictures).

I have put an alternative link to the thread Tactics Core in the lead post. It will be soon fixed on the game server aswell.
                Last edited by Mistery; 05-26-2006, 12:59:03.

Comment

I have tried other games on the site. The ones that don't work are games like Avatar Prom and Avatar HIgh. I can start the prom game and make a character but then I get a blank screen like I do with this game.

I've just turned off my fire wall and pop up blocking and that has made no difference.

Comment

Sorry for that!
                    Turn on your firewall again to have protection.
                    I have no more ideas, however I found this on their site in the FAQ section (read especially the last point, this refers exactly to the 3 games that you can't play!):
                    __________________________________________________ _________

Something on the site isn't working for me...what should I do?!
                    First of all, relax. Next, try the following...
                    1. Make sure you have the latest versions of the following software on your computer (don't worry - they're all free!):

Macromedia Flash - you'll need this to do just about anything on our site, including Avatar Prom and Avatar High. If you're having problems, you can download it from: here
                    Macromedia Shockwave - Some of the games in our Games & Quizzes section require this. You can get it from: here
                    Microsoft Windows Media Player - If you're on a PC, this is the default media player you need to watch our videos. You can get it from: here
                    Quicktime - On the other hand, if you're on a Mac, this is the default media player you need to watch our videos. Get it from: here
                    Adobe Acrobat - if you want to view/save any of the Iron-Ons, you'll need this plugin. Get it from: here

2. Make sure you have cookies enabled. Cookies are tiny text files which stay on your computer, and they allow us to keep you logged in so that you can do things like play Avatar Prom and post on the message boards. This is something that should be enabled in your browser by default, but you may need to ask someone for help if you're not sure how to check.
                    3. Make sure you have JavaScript enabled in your web browser. Again, it should be on by default, but someone else who uses your computer may have turned it off. Different browsers have different ways of enabling it, so you may have to ask someone for help.

4. If you are using an internet security program on your computer, it may mistakenly block some features of our site. You definitely shouldn't turn off your security program, but you should add the-n.com to the program as a trusted site. Different programs have different ways of doing this, so you may have to ask someone for help.

5. For Avatar High, Avatar Prom and the Hookup, make sure you have
                    any popup blockers turned off
                    any ad blockers turned off
                    Otherwise, you can't play.
                    Last edited by Mistery; 05-27-2006, 10:38:50.

Comment

Thank You

Oh My God! Can't belive it was that simple - have turned my ad blocker off and it now works! Thank you sooo much for all your help! I'll be able to play it over the weekend now.

Thank you again!

Comment

Oh, great! I was pretty desperate and thought that you could not manage to run this game at last. But now I'm happy I could help you. Enjoy it!

Comment

Not Working Link

the link to this game
                          http://www.gamershood.com/game.php?id=641
                          isn't working, it keeps coming up with, this page cannot be displayed
                          Cute..... But Phsyco

Comment

works for me
                            (\___/)
                            (='.'=)
                            ('')-('')
                            put bunny in sig to help him take over the earth!!
                            1 To Spread the Virus

Comment

works for me

Comment

Please look at the thread.
                                http://gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512

It is closed exactly because of this problem. There is no other link available for the moment. We can't do more than write an announcement and close the thread. This information should be clear enough to show that we are already aware of this problem I think.

And I'm just wondering how that nonexisting game link could work for Megadoomer and Bige92, lol ;-)
                                Last edited by Mistery; 07-01-2006, 15:20:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X