No announcement yet.

Guess what this is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTG Escape and I am shocked the great state of Cali with Silicone Valley still uses hammers and chisels on stone tablets.

Comment

• LOL! Thanks for your hints.

I'm going to leave my turn open cuz I don't want to hold up the thread. I'm really too tired to stay up and play it much longer...

So whoever wants to post, may.

Comment

• One more and then I am off to bed as well...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1985.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	1690228

Comment

• I'm still awake and searching again. I must say I see your clue, and oh, the memories as I am googling that year. *keeps googling*

EDIT: I thought this was a cartoon, but maybe it's a video game....

Comment

• That was a good year. Tears for Fears album came out that I wore out in my car. That is when I wasn't at home watching a certain cable tv channel that debuted 5 years earlier.

Comment

• I'm coming across all sorts of old board games I used to own, cartoons I used to watch, and such. Kinda cool.

Still no luck finding this character, though. Thought he was a cartoon character. "Blockhead" came to mind. But maybe he's a video game character?

Comment

• He only showed up once. Here is the hint that should do it. Mark Knopfler

Comment

• Sometimes I feel so stupid. (This, btw, is why I don't play riddles normally. I am always searching the wrong things. ) I know who that man is, but I'm not finding any relation to him (or the band) to the guy in the pic...

Comment

• funny you should say that, my idea behind making this thread was to improve my riddle skills. Still not that good at some of the riddles people can come up with. For this you gotta think mtv

Comment

• I have to share some of my searches, "1985 MTV Mark Knopfler animation" "1985 Mark Knopfler MTV cartoon" "1985 MTV Mark Knopfler" etc....etc....etc. I found he made an animation video as he was unhappy with MTV...but still haven't found this guy.

Comment

• what if you tried the band?

Comment

• Well, I found a pic of him. Still don't know his name, though...

It was either for the Dire Straits 'Money for Nothing' music video for MTV, or it was for "Brothers in Arms" music video. Either way, whichever song it was for, it was a big breakthrough and impressed many due to the computer animated graphics... But that's all I'm finding...

http://frederatorblogs.com/the_finst...y-for-nothing/

Comment

• That's it! Money for Nothing video. It was the Video of the Year 1985 sorta like the Oscar for music videos.

Good night Escape...your turn to post or leave it open to anyone. sweet dreams

Comment

• Thanks RBS. I found that video awhile back, but didn't see the character until I used the term Dire Straits. Told you I search for the wrong stuff. Thanks, it's been fun. Sweet dreams.

And I will leave this open, as I MUST go to sleep.

Comment

• ok for the fanatic googlers
                                dont know, you have it in your country
                                but this is what eat here ,mostly on sunday
                                the correct name please of the 2 sorts showed

Comment

Working...
                                X