No announcement yet.

Riddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The link you submitted is the link for a whole puzzle site with many puzzles.
    Please post the direct link to Donkey Puzzle, I don't see it anywhere on that site.

Comment

• Actually Mistery it is the only link, need to go down to logic puzzles on the left margin and select 'medium' to get the donkey puzzle
      Don't Drink Drive.......it's a laundry detergent!

Comment

• I always point away from the sun.
        Learned in class, Astronomy 101.

Comment

• where is described location???

Western than Vienna, northern than Rome,
          Mary swims in river,
          and behind the eagle’s claw,
          three guards overlook the peak of cold,
          but the middle one only stands on my burden and reward
          Last edited by Mistery; 04-10-2009, 11:53:36. Reason: Moved to appropriate thread

Comment

• Riddle Me This

Hey everyone! I have something to share here. Let's have fun here and I want everyone to answer my riddle.

Here it goes:

This thing runs but cannot walk, sometimes sings but never talks. Lacks arms, has hands; lacks a head but has a face. What is it?

Comment

• a clock

next up easy one

forwards i am heavy but backwards i am not
              what am i
              Last edited by linkinpark333; 07-15-2009, 22:28:03.

Comment

• Answer - The word " Ton " . Was an easy one .

New one guys -
                What TWO things , you can NEVER have for breakfast ?
                If cancer is our love, then I hope you don’t have the technology of chemotherapy.

Comment

• Dinner and lunch?
                  Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Aww man , That was fast . K , your turn .
                    If cancer is our love, then I hope you don’t have the technology of chemotherapy.

Comment

• Yay! I actually didn't thought that was right. It was the first thing that came to my mind.

Alright an easy one:

There is a house with 4 walls. Each wall has one window. When you look outside through the windows you always look at the south. How is that possible?
                      Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Read this one Before , this is because you are at the South Pole .

OK , try this one for size .
                        Cathy has six pairs of black gloves and six pairs of brown gloves in her drawer. In complete darkness, how many gloves must she take from the drawer in order to be sure to get a pair that match? <- It's pure logic .

Comment

• South pole is close but not correct. If the house was on the south pole you always look at the north, not the south.

For the gloves: She must take 3 gloves to get one pair of the same color.
                          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Oho yeah , Sorry , North Pole is the correct answer .

And to your answer , Not correct . The question is asking for certainty . As in , Cathy cannot be sure that she has got a pair in just 3 tries .

Comment

• Yep, North pole is correct.

It isn't?
                              The first time: she can pick a brown or black glove.
                              The second time: she can pick a brown or black glove.
                              This will give 3 possibilities:
                              - she has 2 black gloves
                              - she has 2 brown gloves
                              - she has a black and a brown glove.

If it's the latter, she will get one matching pair for sure when she picks a third glove.
                              Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Hmm , K , the thing is that the question is asking for a number of tries after which Cathy can be SURE . By your Method , She cannot be sure . There would always be an IF .

Comment

Working...
                                X