No announcement yet.

Riddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ive heard them both before, but when i heard them the first time i was able to solve them both
    I made a riddle! Try it here

i have but one request, DONT CALL ME SAMUEL, lets see you try to figure that out!

Comment

• The Missing Pound

how about this one:

Three people check into a hotel. They pay ?30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager suddenly remembers that the room rate is ?25 and gives ?5 to the bellboy to return to the people. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that ?5 would be difficult to share among three people so he pockets ?2 and gives ?1 to each person. Now each person paid ?10 and got back ?1. So they paid ?9 each, totalling ?27. The bellboy has ?2, totalling ?29. Where is the missing ?1?
      Last edited by Samuel; 07-20-2006, 03:57:25. Reason: currency wrong, if i still got it wrong let me know...

i have but one request, DONT CALL ME SAMUEL, lets see you try to figure that out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freakshow59
        Adventure- You're right ;D

Ask who lies and what way's the village. Obviously the one telling lies will say I tell the truth and vice versa thus, the one who lies is the one telling the truth

Poison isn't nice, find 3 other poisons that contain a word in this sentence and are also poisons
        You were only allowed to ask 1 question Freakshow, bit the right answer is already given.

About the poison riddle, do you means it have to make three poisons from the sence: Poison isn't nice.
        I am thinking of it and tell you tommorrow what I have made of it, if there isn't anyone that already gave the right answer.
        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• @Sammy: I guess we should first try to solve the riddle of Freakshow (with the poisons).

Comment

• alright do you want me to delete and add it again later?

Comment

• I thought you just could answer the question with the poison (I have no idea on that) and add yours, lol.

No problem. I just want that none of the riddles gets "forgotten on the last page".

Comment

• Originally posted by Samuel
                how about this one:

Three people check into a hotel. They pay ?30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager suddenly remembers that the room rate is ?25 and gives ?5 to the bellboy to return to the people. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that ?5 would be difficult to share among three people so he pockets ?2 and gives ?1 to each person. Now each person paid ?10 and got back ?1. So they paid ?9 each, totalling ?27. The bellboy has ?2, totalling ?29. Where is the missing ?1?
                I have heard this one already. And I remember this was a sneeky one. I will refresh my memory, but don't give the answer, because it's spoiling the riddle for other people, which have never heard the riddle before.
                Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Okay, we got now 2 riddles to solve:

Freakshow:
                  Poison isn't nice, find 3 other poisons that contain a word in this sentence and are also poisons

Sammy:

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure
                    I have heard this one already. And I remember this was a sneeky one. I will refresh my memory, but don't give the answer, because it's spoiling the riddle for other people, which have never heard the riddle before.
                    lol i think you are referring to me but i just couldnt help it

for the poison one we have to change the spacing between words to make new words right?

Comment

• Yeah you spoilt my riddles! LOL. Sorry I said it somehow indirect.
                      Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

for the poison one we have to change the spacing between words to make new words right?
                        I assume yes.

Comment

• this is hard. how about real? lol i dont know

Comment

this is hard. how about real? lol i dont know
                            Or can we count

Comment

• if you are right mistery all three of them are there one without s though

Comment

• Well, but he said "find other 3" after the first one, so I thought we can't count that only the following 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X