Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Mistery. That all is enough to make anybunny dizzy.

I will definately post a picture lili. It really is a beautiful place, with so much to see.
    Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
    Looney GHer!

Comment

• WOW!! Mom Mistery, you changed your avatar!! You seem to have got many gifts!!

Thank you OneBun!! I've heard of how fun and beautiful it was in Las Vegas!!

Comment

• Yes, I got a lot of gifts, I'm even stuck between them
        Btw, do you get gifts on New Year?

@OneBun
        Have you seen my pic on Photoshopping? I was shocked that nobunny has used your pic, so I made a gamershoodish one, lol Well, it's not the best, but I thought I'd start

Comment

• No gifts on X-mas nor New Years... Instead I've gotta give money to my cousin's kids... Many adults have to spend a lot of money on those days..

EDIT:
          OneBun and mom Mistery, I've gotta get moving now!! I hope to see you soon and Good night to you two!!

Comment

• Ah, only children get money on New Year?

And do you have any holidays where you give each other gifts, or only on birthday?
            You got also a Cherry Blossom holiday, or am I completely mixing up something?

EDIT:
            Sorry, I didn't see you edited your post. Have a wonderful day, huuuge alienish

Comment

• Bye Lili! Have a great rest of the day!

@ Mistery ~ I think that the blossoms is the New Years, which is in spring in Japan?

I think Money on New Years is the end of January, but in China for the kids (I forget what the red bags they put the money in are called).

It will be funny if our things we heard are wrong and Lili will have her ROFLS at us about it!
              Looney GHer!

Comment

• Well, that's good possible that we are making some Vonfusion here

I hope that she will clear up this point when she comes back
                Or I need to check my databases...

Comment

• As for the gifts, if one have boyfriend or girlfriend, they exchange the gifts on X-mas. Some send gift on New Years day as a new year gift. And some send gifts to their boss or co-worker, relatives and friends in winter and summer as a season's greetings. And of course on birthday, Valentine's day, White day (<- do you have this day?? In my country on Valentine's day only girls give boys the gifts and on White day boys to girls), Mother's day and Father's day.
                  Cherry blossom thingy is not really a holiday, but we have a party under the cherry tree with blossoming flowers every year.

Comment

• Thank you lili
                    I don't know White Day at all.

@OneBun
                    New Year and Cherry Blossom "thingy" is not the same

Comment

• Originally posted by lili
                      As for the gifts, if one have boyfriend or girlfriend, they exchange the gifts on X-mas. Some send gift on New Years day as a new year gift. And some send gifts to their boss or co-worker, relatives and friends in winter and summer as a season's greetings. And of course on birthday, Valentine's day, White day (<- do you have this day?? In my country on Valentine's day only girls give boys the gifts and on White day boys to girls), Mother's day and Father's day.
                      Cherry blossom thingy is not really a holiday, but we have a party under the cherry tree with blossoming flowers every year.
                      Well that clears things up! ahhh yes Mistery! It appears us two are the ones who got the ROFL out of that.

We don't have White day here, only Valentines Day. That sounds very interesting.
                      Looney GHer!

Comment

• Originally posted by OneBun
                        Bye Lili! Have a great rest of the day!

@ Mistery ~ I think that the blossoms is the New Years, which is in spring in Japan?

I think Money on New Years is the end of January, but in China (I forget what the red bags they put the money in are called)...& the kids get it then.

It will be funny if our things we heard are wrong and Lili will have her ROFLS at us about it!
                        In China and Korea (and some part of Japan), they use Lunar calendar for New Years Day and it's end of January or the begining of February. And we used the Lunar calendar as well long time ago. At that time, New Years Day was considered as the start of Spring in my country ( and maybe some other countries in Asia). But now we use western calender, so we celebrate New Year exactly the same time as you do. Still we call "新春" that means "New Spring" for New Year. We have some terms for New Year though...

Comment

• Now I looked up Hanami which is the "Flower Viewing" under the cherry trees. I read about it when I was a kid, and still remembered a bit of it, but not exactly. So now I'm updated

Comment

• Originally posted by lili
                            In China and Korea (and some part of Japan), they use Lunar calendar for New Years Day and it's end of January or the begining of February. And we used the Lunar calendar as well long time ago. At that time, New Years Day was considered as the start of Spring in my country ( and maybe some other countries in Asia). But now we use western calender, so we celebrate New Year exactly the same time as you do. Still we call "新春" that means "New Spring" for New Year. We have some terms for New Year though...
                            Wow. This is so interesting to me. It does sound like I learned these things in the very typical general American terms when having been in school.

Like Mistery, I too now feel updated.
                            Looney GHer!

Comment

• Mistery, How interesting that you read our Cherry Blossom Viewing in your childhood. It's really fun especially for adults! Coz we drink sake and other alcohol under the tree... When we get drunk or tipsy, few people enjoy viewing flowers...

Okay I'm really goning now!! I hope to see you soon later!!

Comment

• I think it's so great that there are so many people from different countries. We learn a lot about food, holidays etc. It's so interesting

It's 4 AM and I think that I try to sleep now.
                                It was so nice to chat with you, and I hope to see you very soon.
                                Huge and from da

Comment

Working...
                                X