X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VagaDragon
    replied
    Originally posted by dalveen View Post
    Well done VagaDragon you must be an economist.
    Lol, I wish I could say I was an economist, but I'm just a programmer and game designer. I just did a lot of research on broad economic models, which seems to have payed off.

Glad that you are enjoying the game!

Leave a comment:

• dalveen
    replied
    It takes many attempts before you understand what you are looking for in this game but once you do it is very addictive.

Well done VagaDragon you must be an economist.
    Last edited by dalveen; 11-21-2009, 15:55:53.

Leave a comment:

• Mindsmasher
    replied
    Originally posted by VagaDragon View Post
    Thanks for the bug report, it's been fixed. I forgot to reset the fade out timer when more/back was clicked. I've uploaded a new version that solves this problem.

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the game
    great

guess It must be frustrating job working for government fterall . I managed to reduce debt to 8.000T and I think that's all I can do today for america Going to try tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• VagaDragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mindsmasher View Post
    hi, I haven't start playing yet because I try to read "how to play" section so so far I have only one comment on technical issue - the text after couple of seconds vanishes and I have to ask Sam again and click through all pages with text to get to point where I stoped reading.
    Thanks for the bug report, it's been fixed. I forgot to reset the fade out timer when more/back was clicked. I've uploaded a new version that solves this problem.

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the game

Leave a comment:

• Mindsmasher
    replied
    Hm, success on second time but not complete - still having a debt.

I actually managed to stabilize dept between 11.000T and 12.500T for about 10 years but I really don't know what to do to win this game with 0 debt...
    yet I think I should again try to read the instructions because I wasn't sure what some icons mean

by the way I tried twice and got the same score on the list on the end of game and first time I bankrupted so... I think - cause I can't find any score list elsewhere than on the end of game.

anyway I really enjoy this game

edit: oh, after playing for third time I saw my score updated.
    Last edited by Mindsmasher; 11-21-2009, 02:56:59.

Leave a comment:

• dalveen
    replied
    Bankrupt!

Everytime I saw a signpost which said "Stop Taxes" I took this as being a hint and pressed the down arrow taxes. Not sure if this was correct but without hints this game would be too hard for me.

A novel idea though!

Leave a comment:

• Mindsmasher
    replied
    hi, I haven't start playing yet because I try to read "how to play" section so so far I have only one comment on technical issue - the text after couple of seconds vanishes and I have to ask Sam again and click through all pages with text to get to point where I stoped reading.

Ok, now off to play

Leave a comment:

• Mistery
    replied
    I think it's too early to give a general verdict. A little display about those would help me personally, but that's just me.

As I said as soon as the game will be added by an admin to gamershood.com, there will be more players.
    And then hopefully other players will post their own experience, too, and upon that feedback you can decide what changes you will make if any

Leave a comment:

• VagaDragon
    replied
    So, what's the verdict, should I add a little display to indicate the current tax rate, unemployment, gas price (updated monthly with a 1-2 week lag) or things good as is?

Leave a comment:

• tipper75
    replied
    I like this game, I'll give it another go later. Very interesting concept.

Leave a comment:

• Mistery
    replied
    Hmmm, yes it's pretty hard.
    Accuracy is good of course, but maybe frustrating for beginners

I'll practice some more to see if I can get any better

And there are certainly others who might have better skills for this game
    As soon as the game will be added to our Games Page on gamershood.com, there will be more players.

Leave a comment:

• VagaDragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mistery View Post
    Anyhow, not really doing well in this game
    Don't feel too bad, most people aren't, so far only one game played has ended in success and 4 have made it to 2031.

I tried to make the simulation accurate, not easy.

Leave a comment:

• Mistery
    replied
    You can be happy that I'm not your President

Leave a comment:

• EscapeGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Mistery View Post
    Neither is my country.

Leave a comment:

• Mistery
    replied
    Ah I see, thanks for the info
    I'll be checking those out.

I guess that those visual clues are certainly suitable for a part of players who tend to prefer visual inputs, I'm more the math/numbers type

I'll post later again how well I could cope with the visual clues when I have time to play it a while

EDIT
    Okay, your explanation and reading the game hints helped a bit.
    But I'd still be more comfortable with numbers, lol, simply because I can't keep in mind what I have raised and lowered

Leave a comment:

Working...
X