Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepyhead
    replied
    I just finished reading 'The stupidest angel' by Christopher Moore really funny book and in more serious lines 'The shuttered room and other tales of horror' by H.P. Lovecraft&A. Derleth i recommend both

Leave a comment:

• Crimsonthread
    replied
    I looove 1984. Wonderful dystopian society book!

Along the same lines, I just got finished reading Brave New World...again.

Leave a comment:

• Volkoronado
    replied
    1984 by George Orwell. Loving it so far. Pretty complex story that has a lot of insight. Much recommended.

Leave a comment:

• ottyk
    replied
    im not reading anything now but im waiting for the next CHERUB book.
    LOVE THOSE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Leave a comment:

• Elni
    replied
    I just finished a book called "The kiss of the dragon". It talks about a person that kills women of the age 26. I would enjoy it much better if it didn't include some useless information, and didn't repeated the same sentence every couple of lines, or the same words over and over again in the same paragraph.
    But it was quit good book to read. I didn't like the end where the murderer kills herself instead of her real mother. Why is that?
    The whole story is about a woman who married the person she loved after so many arguing with the boys parents (we are talking old times here). After that because she could have a child her mother in law poisoned his son's mind to divorce her. But the problem wasn't hers, he had the problem. In the old times (at least in Greece) whenever a couple didn't had a child was always the womans fault.
    So the girl decided to do something about her, and cheat at her husband for the first time in her life. Then she gave birth to a healthy baby but there was a small problem with it. It had a disease and had both male and female organs. But the female part was stronger. The mother exchanged the baby with another baby girl, that her mother had died after the birth, and there was no father or family to claim it. She did that because when the parents in law sow what she gave birth to they will poison more her son's mind and that would be the end of her marriage.
    The other girl had grown up with the nurse that helped the yong mother, but she was mental ill as the years passing. She didn't allow her to have friends, to go to school and she told her that she was cursed from God. When the step mother died she told her that the real mother was someone else and she sold her because she was cursed.
    The girl after many disappoints in love she decided to talk revence of her real mother. So she decised to kill all the girls born at that hospital at that day (4 in total plus her 5). The last's girl's mother was her real mother. Then she visited home and told her that because of abandon her she suffered all her life, never been loved by anyone, not even by her step mother. And then the mother said that she never forgot her and always made a second cake for her and never forgot her.
    After a long conversation they had the girl didn't killed her mother but she suicide with the gun as she realised what she had done (the murders).
    At my opinion the girl should had stayed alive and something should had happened to the mother. She lost her fake daughter and the real one, but when you read it you feel sorry about the mother. And that is not fair.

The end

Leave a comment:

• Ratgirl111
    replied
    Tunnels and the second book in redwall (Mossflower

Leave a comment:

• Hugo_Smith
    replied
    The Hobbit (again)

Leave a comment:

• Crimsonthread
    replied
    I just finished reading a short story--"A Dog's Tale" by Mark Twain. Very good, very sad.A Dog's Tale

Leave a comment:

• Bronwyn
    replied
    Heartofthedark: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman? I love that book!

I'm reading now a book by E.T.A. Hoffman, I don't know its name in English.

Leave a comment:

• Heartofthedark
    replied
    Finished A Long Way Gone and now im reading neverwhere... (which is slightly boring so far lol)

Leave a comment:

• juniswan
    replied
    I want to read the saga again

Leave a comment:

• Heartofthedark
    replied
    I just finished reading the beckoners!! i think everyone should go pick up a copy its got my vote for my schools: vikings read program

i kinda stopped reading a long way gone but i picked it up and now im going to finish it

Leave a comment:

• humphryboop
    replied
    Bleach!

Leave a comment:

• Belondra
    replied
    Im reading the darkwing omnibus, but its hard to get into so im switching back to the holly black trilogy (i'm on the last one...'ironside')

Leave a comment:

• juniswan
    replied
    im following the demonata series loyally

Leave a comment:

Working...
X