Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contest: Be in a game! (2nd contest ended)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBS View Post
    I have an invisable cloak somewhere but can't find it.
    Hahahah niceee

Thanks everyone for protecting me haha. I just hope none of you turn on me
    Don't worry I don't believe that you will I'm not really annoying in real life lol
    I am also excited for this game And will keep updating as needed! (y)
    Sister Dia <3
    Elite Member of GFARDTO

Why Are YOU Worrying about You-Know-Who?
    You SHOULD Be Worrying About
    U-NO-POO -
    the CONSTIPATION SENSATION That's Gripping the Nation!

Why so Serious?

Comment

I know I'm double posting but I wanted people to see this.

Posted by Renegade
      1/ If you've never worked in Flash this won't mean a lot to you, but the entire game (discounting title and preloaders) is on one frame.

2/ the art - which i'm sure you've seen screenshots of by now - has cost me almost $1,000. flora is a world class artist, and worth every penny of it. the money is money that was raised from past games i've made, msotly from ads, and a few small donations from various people. so for those of you who were here playing my games when we used the awful Clicksor popups, and for those of you who leave your adbloocker disabled whiel you play my games so that the Google ads can display; this is my thank you to you

3/ The size of the project makes bugfinding now pretty difficult. even a typo in a caption can take 5 to 10 minutes just to find.

4/ last time I checked, the size of thr compiled game was over 6mb. for a flash game thts' pretty big (Kongregate and many other sites have a 10mb limit). if you're still on dialup internet: sorry

5/ Earlir this year, the game was already getting pretty big in fileseize, to the point that I ended up buying a new PC partly to be able to handle it. it was gettin impossible to add anything more to it wihout lagging the whole system, and compiling would freeze the computer.

6/ most of the development time has gone into caption / dialogue writing. When I started, I wrote an engine that can handle almost any part of the game with just one or two lines of copy pasted code, but the script didn't write itself

7/ initially there was no diagloue in the game except for the intro and a few characters to talk with planned. however, this felt empty and wasn't that engaging compared to the colourful nature of the world.

8/ TO counter this, I decided the main character would have a lot to say. the problem was, he was talking to himself. So nowhe has a brother to talk to.

9/ not everyonel ikes the dialgoue system. i've added an option to disable all but essential captions - this leaves the game feelign a bit empty again, and somewhat misses the point of it, but it's the player's own choice whether to read the captions or not.

10/ The aptions are as userfrieldny as possible, allowing players to skip through them with a click of the mouse eevn if they left them enabled. To save your time, most captions will only display once per game: if you read the conversation for a particular item once alredy, you won't have to read it a second time. Exceptions are important objects, and other characters.

That's it, thanks for reading. If you'vebeen following work on my game for this long its probably fair to mention why its been delayed so much,despite being nearly finished for so long - in short i've had a couple of big personal problems that have realyl affecetd how much I can work. This isnt a LiveJournal blog so I'm not gonna go into huge amounts of detail on that, but its enough to say that the past year hasn't gone how I hoped at all.
      Sister Dia <3
      Elite Member of GFARDTO

U-NO-POO -

Why so Serious?

Comment

Latest News:

http://saybox.cmsbox.co.uk/news/ready/

Comment

YAY! I hope he finds a sponsor soon! And I love the LYR series, so I look forward to that, too!

Thanks for the update dear alien!

Comment

Yes, I also hope that he'll find a sponsor soon (despite of the bad experience with sponsors earlier)
            And I also look forward to the LYR type game

Comment

YAY! *still waiting on prize for winning the first contest*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mistery View Post
                Finally an update! I was checking the site yesterday for it. How great the game is finished, but too bad they haven't found a sponsor yet. I really hope they will find one soon. It must be an really good game if only because of all the hard work they put in it. Maybe I shouldn't set my expectations too high, but after all it's an renegade game, and the games I played made by him I loved.

Also it's great to hear they will be a new leaving Your Room game. *starts to message her clickclickclick-hand in advance.. maybe pluck some tomatoes too, just in case..*
                Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Yay is all i can say I have waited forever cant wait ill deffinetly read the text to cause i know how long that took lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Renegade just posted:

More news
                    Today, 2:16 pm
                    Posted by Renegade
                    I'm hoping my new game Sleeping Beauty, will be released later this week, or next week. Check back for more details on Thursday.

If you do enjoy the game (and I really hope you do!) please consider making a small donation to me via PayPal. It wasn't cheap to make (about $1,000 went directly on development), and sponsorships for this type of game aren't huge since its for a niche audience. Whether or not I can make a follow up game depends a lot on player support.

Finally... if you don't like reading all the captions, there is an option to disable of them other than essential ones. I figured I'd mention this in advance so that anyone linking the game from gaming blogs or forums can mention it there too, since not everyone enjoys the irrelevant conversations between the two main characters.
                    Sister Dia <3
                    Elite Member of GFARDTO

U-NO-POO -

Why so Serious?

Comment

So excited to hear this!
                      sigpic

Comment

Great news
                        I hope that he'll get donations

Comment

ME too i have waited for this fo about a year now i guess. I love that he put so much work into it i know the final product is going to be AWESOME, and im not just saying taht cause im in the game. lol i know adventure, escape, and exspecially Crimson i will definatly check back thursday
                          sigpic

Comment

Another post

today is Thursday
                            Today, 6:49 pm
                            Posted by Renegade
                            Sleeping Beauty is on track for release sometime next week. Sponsor negotiations seem to be almost finalised & that's the only thing currently delaying release.

The game will be exclusive to the sponsor site for about a week, but of course it will be directly linked from here.
                            Sister Dia <3
                            Elite Member of GFARDTO

U-NO-POO -

Why so Serious?

Comment

Ah, just came here to post the same, but you were faster

I look forward to it

Comment

another week seems liek torture,
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X