Riddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a couple simple ones

There are 3 daughters. The sum of their ages is the same as their address and the product of their ages is 36. Since this wasn't enough information one more fact was added, the oldest daughter has red hair. What are their ages?

What fastens two people yet touches only one?
    I made a riddle! Try it here

i have but one request, DONT CALL ME SAMUEL, lets see you try to figure that out!

Comment

• What does the red hair have to do with anything lol? The second is a wedding ring, not sure about the first.
      "Never regret something that once made you smile. Just learn from the tears that followed."
      www.myspace.com/poots_the_honkey

Comment

• Yes, I'm confused about the first one, but well I just say 6, 3, 2. You can laugh now :-)

Comment

• hmm, that would work. but its not right

i have but one request, DONT CALL ME SAMUEL, lets see you try to figure that out!

Comment

• What does it have to do with hair color and address?
            Well 9 2 2 is also possible.

Comment

• oh there are lots of possibilities, but that last sentence gives away which is right, so you'll have to tell me the answer and why its the right one
              heh heh maybe i didnt give enough info. two of the daughters are twins

Comment

• Lol, good one Sammy.
                "Never regret something that once made you smile. Just learn from the tears that followed."
                www.myspace.com/poots_the_honkey

Comment

• well, mistery has said the right answer, but does she know why its so?

Comment

• 4 3 3?
                    Hmm, oldest daughter, well in this case it would be the older daughter or not)... I don't see the logic in this riddle :-(

Why, because otherwise it wouldn't be "oldest", right? But why was my first answer wrong then?

Comment

• OK now i remember how it goes, btw the one i posted was crap, i'll have to write it myself

Comment

• There are 3 daughters. The sum of their ages is 13 and the product of their ages is 36. Since this wasn't enough information one more fact was added, the oldest daughter has red hair. What are their ages?

Comment

• The sum of their ages is the 13 (???) [address=13???]

Comment

• forget about the address, there are variations of this riddle, and i used a bad one. it should be good now

Comment

• 9 2 2

Okay, now give me a good explanation for your original version with the address please.

Comment

• yup, but i actually used a good one, you didnt actually need to know the sum of the numbers
                                1) you need to find all the products that equal 36
                                2)you find the sum of the numbers
                                3) you will notice that every single one is different except for two that equal 13.
                                4) then you think, if this wasnt enough info, then the sum must have been 13
                                5) That leaves you with 2 2 9 and 1 6 6, and because you now know that there is an oldest daughter it must be 2 2 9

make sense?

Comment

Working...
                                X