Portal: Still Alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal: Still Alive

I don't know if this is multi-platform but it is available in the Xbox 360 arcade section, I downloaded the demo and it was so fun! It was like the flash version but way better I especially loved doing the "Infinite loop" and I love how you can see yourself if you put two portals relatively close together, although I have to say sometimes it gives me a little motion sickness as it moves alot through different angles views and heights

()

Yes, this is an expansion to the original portal. As far as I know I don't think its even on the computer, so most likely 360 exclusive addon. (PS Portal is counted as part of the Half Life series [since it takes place in the half life "universe"] which you apparently dislike)
    Time is a mysterious thing. never eat it.

Comment

Oh whatever It's still not half life

Comment

It uses the same engine meaning a lot of it plays like Half Life, and in portal you can find sideshows mentioning Black mesa (where Half Life 1 took place) and Aperture Science is mentioned in Episode 2 and is going to be key in Episode 3. 95% chance You get to find their ship (The Borealis) in Episode 3

The Borealis as seen in Episode 2:

Note the prominent Aperture Laboratories sign.

So there! GLaDOS also mentions whats going on "outside" she says "much has changed" since Chell last saw it, that she (GLaDOS) is the only thing "between us... and them", and Chell would find death preferable to what is currently going on outside. This is a reference to the combine invasion placing Portal a little bit before the events of Half Life 2.

Plus if you use the all weapons cheat, you get the HL2 weapons. So there!
        It has numerous direct links to Half Life, I wouldn't be suprised if Portal 2 coencided even more with Half Life.

Comment

Yes but your not getting my point, the reason I don't like half life is because it is a FPS, this is in the form of an FPS but it is a puzzle solver so therefore it is not half life

Comment

I'm not understanding, if you don't like Half Life because its an fps (dotted with puzzles mind you) then what do you like about other fps's like Halo and such? How much exactly have you played of the Half Life's if at all? Its not suitable to dislike a game you haven't played or have only played a small portion of.

By the way, I highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly highly recommend you get the full Portal, very fun that one, and its one of the few games Yahtzee didn't hammer within his review.
            Last edited by Yorick; 01-22-2009, 02:31:03.

Comment

I don't enjoy FPS's that much at all anyways I just like the multiplayer on halo sometimes when friends are over, otherwise FPS is my least favorite genre

I was thinking about getting the full version but... That's alot of points

Comment

Originally posted by Yorick View Post
                Half Life... an fps (dotted with puzzles mind you)... Fun fun fun till your daddy takes the T-bird away...
                So I'm guessing you've never played Half Life then. Like I said, its unsuitable to make a judgment of a game you've never played or have only played a small portion of. If I were you I would at least rent The Orange Box and try the games. Portal is short enough that you can beat it in a day if you consistently play it. I think you'll think differently of half life 2 once you've played it.

Comment

Portal is awesome, and it's a shame that there's no online multiplayer although I'm sure they'd have to make some new game mode to make it multiplayer friendly.

Perhaps if they make a sequel, it will have such a thing.

Comment

No doubt they're making a sequel, they accidentally said so, and its on the wiki page (if you trust that)

Comment

I finished portal the other day. It was AMAZING! Theres nothing like it.
                      I got it with the Orange Box which also comes with HL2, HL2:ep 1 HL2:ep 2 and Team Fortress 2. These are all cool games
                      An invisible man marries an invisible woman.
                      the kids were nothing to look at either

"Spys sapping my sentry!" (I love Team Fortress)

Comment

Working...
                      X