This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh... this drives me nuts. And hi! LOL

Heh... did it again... left the forums for ages. Oops? Hi, all.

Anyway... the part that's driving me batty is I'm trying to find a game, or rather a type of game. I've found it on another site, but it's more action packed and though I like it, I'm tired of messing up and having to do the same puzzle over and over again. LOL. I know there's a more relaxed version out there, 'cause I attempted to play it and couldn't figure it out at the time. I'm sure I played it here, but I cannot find it, and of course, have no idea what that type of game is called. :

Okay... I'm pretty sure it's a Japanese pencil and paper game (like Sudoku), but instead of filling in numbers, you fill in/colour in boxes and eventually create a picture. There's a grid (5X5, 10X10, etc) with a varied amount of numbers along the rows and along the columns. Start with the largest number(s) and gradually fill in the puzzle. The only thing I can work with for this game is the name "Mosaics" b/c that is what the game is called that I'm currently playing... but I don't think that's the type of game, but rather the name of that particular game ("Ancient Mosaics").

If anyone can figure out my ramblings, I'd be very grateful. ^_^ Now that I've (more or less) figured out how to actually work through it, I'd like to try a relaxed version and it would be easier to search for if I knew what type of game it is (not just for this forum, but for the internet in general).

At this point, I'm not even sure if this is the right forum for this. LOL

Thanks all, for anyone who can help... now I've got to go rejoin the rest of the people I'm supposed to be visiting.

EDIT: Ah... so this is where it was stuck (couldn't find the topic once I came back online LOL). Just a note: I'm not really looking for a specific game on this site, but more of an in-general type of name for this particular type of game. Say I had said "the name of that game where you fill in numbers in a grid, but cannot repeat the same number in a box, row, or column" I'd be looking for "Sudoku" so that I could, for example, Google it. Of course, if anyone does happen to figure out what I'm talking about and point me in the direction of the game that I'm sure is on here somewhere, then thank you! But I'd also like to be able to Google it to find even more puzzles to work with, so I need the style/genre/game type name.

Okay, giving up for now. I'm starting to confuse myself. Thanks again.
    Last edited by SunFlower; 03-13-2011, 06:47:39. Reason: Wanted to add more information.
    "Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!"

Why is it that when someone tells you that there are billions of stars in the universe, you believe them. But if they tell you that there’s wet paint somewhere, you have to touch it?

Comment

• Need help finding the name of a game I used to play...

I played it a few years ago online for free, and now I can't remember what its called so I can find it again. Its just a bunch of little blue, purple, fuschia, teal, etc creatures (aliens maybe?) walking around on the screen, and you click on one and drag it onto another one to create new aliens that are a mixture of the two. Basically you're dragging/dropping to breed these little aliens, and evolve the group as a whole. Has anyone else played it and know what its called???

Thanks!

Comment

• I don't remember such a game with aliens, but there is Fish Tycoon with fish, Evolution with bugs, and there was another one with bugs/creatures.

Comment

• Any strategy game recommendation for 5-7 year olds

Please help out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenni2010 View Post
            Please help out.
            You can start here: http://www.gamershood.com/forum/foru...Strategy-Games. Some of the tower defense and the bloons series are somewhat simple. Good Luck

Strange as Angels, Dancing in the Deepest Oceans

Comment

• @sunflower: do you mean sth like this: http://www.spielkarussell.de/spiele/...z-figur_2.html

There it's called: picross

@jenni2010: Have a look for "battleship" or in german "Schiffe versenken". I played it on paper, when I was 6 years old.
              Last edited by bip; 03-16-2011, 21:57:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by bip View Post
                @sunflower: do you mean sth like this: http://www.spielkarussell.de/spiele/...z-figur_2.html

There it's called: picross
                Yes, that's basically it. Thanks for finding that! That said, I actually found what I was looking for a couple of days ago, and the name of that type of game that I was attempting to remember was nonogram... also known as paint by numbers (believe me, I felt stupid looking up "what is sudoku" b/c I knew what I was after was in the same genre of games LOL).
                "Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!"

Why is it that when someone tells you that there are billions of stars in the universe, you believe them. But if they tell you that there’s wet paint somewhere, you have to touch it?

Comment

• @sunflower: Fine that I understood (enlish is not my language). After you spelled "nonogram" I searched that and found a lot of names:
                  "Zahlenmalerei ist die deutsche ـbersetzung von Paint by Numbers. Dieser Aufgabentyp stammt ursprünglich aus Japan und ist auch unter den Bezeichnungen Nonogram, Tsunami, Griddlers, Paint it Black, PAP, Paint-a-Pic, Pixel Puzzles, Logic Art, Japanese Crosswords, Illust-Logic, Oekaki Logic, Oekaki-Mate, Logic-Jack, Giapponese, Logimage, Grafilogika, Japanilaiset Ristikot, Pinte por Numeros, Picross und FigurePic bekannt." (http://www.rozov.de/nonogram/)
                  Wow! 21 words for one game!

Comment

• Looking for missing game

Hello

I made this account just to get help with finding a game i played years ago. adly i dont know the name. Game it self was very nteresting was bit of 3d-ish. you moved in castle corridores. you had to fin "keys" to open the doors. In one room there was a floor puzzle you had to solve. it contains different symbols and you had to connect them somehow. I know its not much but maybe some bright mnds knows what that game is. Thanks you

EDIT:

game in general was bit like that http://www.gamershood.com/3738/point...espair-3d-maze but more real 3d looking. bigger rooms etc. but same idea click on doors it leaded you another room etc

EDIT2 : found it

Mystic Hunter
                    Last edited by plasticbag; 06-23-2011, 02:54:49.

Comment

• Help finding game

A couple years ago i played this japanese escape game that was really good but i cant remember what its called now. It was massive an entire mansion maybe 50 rooms in it had an observatory library basement tons of different rooms. I wasnt a regular flash either vary high quality like a pc game yet it was a website everytime you went to a new room it would have to load. I think the title had something to do with a cage or a birdcage or something. and its possible the link for the game is one this website. sorry that i cant be any more helpful.

Comment

• Maybe it's this game from our very own Mistery.

99 Chambers
                        http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...73-99-Chambers

Comment

• Originally posted by AlucardRodas View Post
                          A couple years ago i played this japanese escape game that was really good but i cant remember what its called now. It was massive an entire mansion maybe 50 rooms in it had an observatory library basement tons of different rooms. I wasnt a regular flash either vary high quality like a pc game yet it was a website everytime you went to a new room it would have to load. I think the title had something to do with a cage or a birdcage or something. and its possible the link for the game is one this website. sorry that i cant be any more helpful.
                          I don't know for sure what you mean, but it does make me wonder if it might be MOTAS....
                          http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...Time+and+Space

Comment

• Can anyone suggest please a recent riddle like 99 chambers or Mystery’s riddles in general? I mean a lot of decipher work, Google search, pictures and source examine and other tricks to discover, more thinking then extremely good knowledge of English required.
                            I’m looking for something recent, because I’d like to play while other people are playing, so that we can help each other in forums.

Comment

• I'm not a riddler, but let me ask my riddler friends. I'm sure they will have an idea for you.

Comment

• Hi Christana, I know plenty of riddles that matches what you seek, but no recent one that is actively played now.

The only good riddle that is still in development and actively played is The Roomz Eclipse
                                http://theroomzeclipse.org/ (riddle)
                                http://theroomzeclipse.org/forum/ (forum)
                                http://theroomzeclipse.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=8 (riddle help)

The 5 first levels have been released, level 6 should be released soon. When a new level (room) is released all riddlers come back to play that one. << that is the active part.

BUT it is not a html riddle, but a flash riddle. No source code, lost of brand new puzzles and codes, and only limited useage of google. Thinking is absolutely required! Extremely good knowledge of the English languge is not required - I could solve the first 5 levels, that proves enough.

It's one of the better and more fun riddle I've played.
                                Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X