No announcement yet.

I'm just wondering... (Japanese games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just wondering... (Japanese games)

How do y'all English speakers play all these Japanese room escape games? Am I just the only one here who isn't multilingual?

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    How do y'all English speakers play all these Japanese room escape games? Am I just the only one here who isn't multilingual?
    Hello there Nick. Well, me personally I just click, click and click. That always works for me.
    No, seriosly, I don't play that much games as I used to, but when I happen to occur a japanese game, I try clicking randomly.
    Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

i'm slightly polylingual i can speak some russian, spanish, french, hebrew, german, and japenese but not very well so i just click a lot and hope for the best!
      "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"

Everytime someone angers me I go down to the panama canal and dig a lock.

If everyone is diffrent wouldn't that mean everyone is the same but if we are all diffrent then how can we be the same?

Elite Specops Swordmaster of GFARDTO

Comment

When it comes to Japanese I just PM Lili the moderator and hope she has time ta answer cuz she is Japanese Me a bit lazy I guess

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

When it comes to the Gaming it is certain kind of instinct that work for the gamers, they do try and try hard to understand what the instructions are or try to find a translater for that.
          My Blog
          Download PSP games

Comment

I also just click
            Last edited by Heartofthedark; 06-05-2009, 07:10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by better View Post
              When it comes to the Gaming it is certain kind of instinct that work for the gamers, they do try and try hard to understand what the instructions are or try to find a translater for that.
              Do you mean a human translator or like an online Internet translator?

Comment

I think he means an online translator, or if you have friends that speak japanese that is great. My Father in-law speaks japanese very well, unfortunately he is soon to be my ex-father-in-law....

The escape games all follow the same sort-of format. There is an items area, which you can usually click on individual items to find other items/hints. The basic Idea is the same, find the hidden objects to escape!

And my friends HeartoftheDark and Hitman got it down.... just click,click,click...everywhere
                It ain't no sin, to take off your skin,
                and dance around in your bones.
                -Tom Waits

For an idea that does not at first seem insane,
                THERE IS NO HOPE.

-Albert Einstein

Whatever is begun in anger,
                ends in shame.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yeah, I know the format is the same basic thing. But if it's not in English, a lot of times I can't tell what an object is. Also, the games often give verbal hints, so that makes the Japanese harder. I'm one of those verbal learners, so I find it hard to figure things out without having words to help me.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. But when I don't what a particular object is, I just try to describe it the best I can (shape, color, size, looks like a .., etc.). When there is really a language barrier, this is usually mentioned in the lead post of the game's thread. In that case you just hope someone with knowledge of the language will translate the hints you need to get out. In htlm games you usually can copy and paste the foreign text in a online translator.
                    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

choices:
                      learn japanees, it will take a long time, but it will help.
                      Do random clicking, it will still take a while, and you will most likely die 500 times, but it's easier.
                      get someone to transalate, or find an online translator. Quick and easy, but tedious.

nuf said, useless thread.

Comment

Originally posted by someguy View Post
                        choices:
                        learn japanees, it will take a long time, but it will help.
                        Do random clicking, it will still take a while, and you will most likely die 500 times, but it's easier.
                        get someone to transalate, or find an online translator. Quick and easy, but tedious.

nuf said, useless thread.
                        this isnt a useless thread someguy, its actually a nice one because i wanted to know what others did too all nick was doing was asking a simple question and your post sounds very rude

Comment

Right, and now we go back to our peaceful side again...
                          Completely useless threads are usually not approved by moderation, so you won't even see them...

On-topic:
                          I think those players who play a lot of room escape games, have already much experience. And often this is enough to finish a game even if we don't understand anything. Just click-click-click and try to drag everything on everything
                          It's sometimes even possible to copy-paste the comment on the bottom of the screen, then I use Babelfish.
                          And if there is something very important (like a code etc.) for which players need to understand Japanese, then I just hope that there is a member of this forums or another forums who is ready to help out with that

Comment

Mistery - sorry mistery , i think everyone just clicks all over the place tell it says congratulations (or congratulations in a different language) sometimes ill use the tab button though

Comment

Hehe, or I get an end screen with some writings, and I post a screenshot to ask if this was a good ending or a bad one

Comment

Working...
                              X