I need a hug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a hug

My neighbors house is on fire, literally and I am scared..

Holy cow... I can see why you'd be scared. i hope both you and your neighbor are ok. <hugs>
    When life gives you lemons,EAT THEM RAW AND ASK FOR SECONDS.
    so nerdy its cool
    teh wootness

Comment

OMG...is it really close to your home? I hope everything will be all right for everybody...
      <BIG HUGS>
      Proud Member of the Dunce Hat Society

Comment

Ya. It is over now, (Finally) but the house is 20 feet away, if not 10 from my house, and it is a mess... here.. it was on the news.. Click Thankfully no one was at home.. I spotted smoke coming out of the house, but my mom didn't believe me, 'cause I am paranoid, (i think the worst case scenario) It also looked like it was coming from the chimney, but I thought it was weird, for no one was home. So I shrug it off. And wouldn't you know it... 10 minutes later, my brother (he was driving home from after school study thing) runs into the house, "What is going on!?" "Their house is on fire!!" And sure enough, flames were 10-25 feet high! I was so scared, I had never been so scared in my life! (My math tutor was helping me at the time, who was also a neighbor to this house) I grab my cell phone, and my mom grabs her phone. We both call. She is not panicking, I am. So, in response to her call, one fire truck came.. In response to my call, nine freaking fire trucks come. 9! This was a ONE alarm fire. (10 trucks for one alarm!? Jeez, how many for 5 alarm??) Anyway, I am standing in my driveway, (while I was waiting for the firefighters) holding the hose, just to make sure the fire doesn't decide to come over to my house. (Remember, I am paranoid) And when they came, I was staring, thinking that only one truck came... THEN my call is responded to, more come, just lining the street I am on. It took about an hour to contain it. What started it? The lint trap in a dryer. It somehow caught fire and then smoldered all day, THEN erupts into flames, and I eventually saw smoke.
        Last edited by midnight; 05-01-2009, 21:55:53. Reason: adding some stuff

Comment

Phew, I'm glad that nobody got hurt. But I'm sorry for your neighbors, the house seems to be destroyed
          It must have been a very scary experience

Comment

I'm so glad you and your family are okay, midnight. And I'm really glad that no one was at home at the time, however, as Mistery said, it's horrible news about their house.

Comment

!!! I'm glad that nobody was hurt! scary how something so simple can cause such a big fire! I am very sorry for your Neighbors! and I know this can be very scary

*~The Shining Star of GH~~*

The riddlers gang: Vivi, Sumitra, Hunter, Bizarrochick, Monkey, Archaicdome, and Teeodd!
              June 15th is fundayja day! July 9th is Teeodd day! July 10th is Sumitra day! July 11th is Shining day! September 13th is Crazy day! September 18th is Robot day! October 13th is Party 4 Ever day! March 15th is Archaicdome day!

*~a proud Mommy to be~*

Comment

Thanks :3. I woke up this morning, and I looked out the window to check if really happened... and it was still there.. =/

Comment

This just goes to show that appliances are EVIL. This reminds me of the time that one of the people in my neighborhood was literally struck by lightning.(she lived,though.)
                  When life gives you lemons,EAT THEM RAW AND ASK FOR SECONDS.
                  so nerdy its cool
                  teh wootness

Comment

They put a tarp over the gaping hole so the house won't get even more screwed up.. 'cause it is raining out.

Comment

Well, I hope they were able to minimize the damage...

Comment

They have had enough bad luck for their life in one month. First their house caught fire.. Next, their parents got hit by a car, but they are alive. Now, they crashed, because a truck backed into her car. At least our other neighbor has her house up for sale, so they are renting it.

Comment

OMG, that's so horrible, I'm so sorry

Comment

They are all ok, but.. Jeez, I think they used up all their bad luck! They should enter the lottery

Comment

haha
                              wow that peoably wasent a life expirance anyone would want betta hope they have inshurance
                              ~big huggiesssssssssss~
                              .Love.Explore.Laugh.Smile.Shop.Live.Rock.Flirt.Discorve.Accelerate.Express.Challange

Comment

Working...
                              X