No announcement yet.

The "Let it out" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the icoming power and gas freeze solid you're in trouble...sorry couldn't resist that.

Hope it gets better soon. Here any water pipe has to be buried 90cm (close to 3 feet) deep. You're save from 80cm ( 2.62 feet) downward no matter what weather outside. Well as far as I know.

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.

As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

Comment

• You are very fortunate to have your Mom close by but how come she has water??
      My parents live close by too but I think that if I don't have water, they will not have it either.
      I am glad that you still have power and gas and I hope things will get defrosted real soon
      From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
      sigpic

Comment

• YAY,we have water!!!!

Yvonne,a combination of circumstances led to our line freezin' & not others includin' Mom's.
        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Hooray!

Comment

• for having water again
            sigpic

Comment

• Yep,sure is nice

It helped that we have about 40-50 gallons of containers & were able to get water.Me & the wife ain't "preppers",but we keep stuff around to weather emergencies.We live in a semi-rural area & could get snowed in for 2-3 days,it's happened before.
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• I have never experienced something like that before so for me not having water would be a problem.
                I have food for about a week but if the water stops running then I am doomed
                sigpic

Comment

• Like I said,in almost 18 years this is the 1st time it's ever happened.

We get power outages in the summer,you'd think it'd happen more in the winter but we don't have ice storms,too dry here.We do have hellacious monsoon (mostly in July) storms though & lightning'll hit a transformer.For that I keep 2 of these charged up,one for my wife's CPAP & the other to run-of course-my computer As far as food we're kinda typical Americans in that we have 2 large refrigerators & a chest freezer,could probably feed us & several other people for a month or 2

When an English friend came to visit once he said our fridge was as big as his 1st apartment (flat)

Being avid campers too we have all kinds of stuff to survive natural disasters,not that we have many in our state,mostly flash floods (we're well above the floodplain so that's not a worry) & wildfires.We're 40 yards from the treeline,so should it catch on fire I'll be on my roof with both hoses keepin' it wet.

I was a Boy Scout & the wife was a Girl Scout & Explorer (the coed version of the BSA & GSA) so our motto is "Be Prepared".

and yes,bein' an American I also have numerous firearms for really serious problems,but I hope I would never have to use them that way

Mark Twain

Comment

• Well I've been on GH for quite awhile...but never really discussed much.
                    But there are some members, mostly the mods whom have been pretty awesome.
                    Anyways, my mom had ovarian cancer a couple years back and had to go through chemo.
                    We thought it was gone, but it came back and for awhile the doctors didn't know where it was.
                    Now they think it's in her bones. And my mom doesn't want treatment
                    And the doctors referred her to a hospice.
                    They are going to do scans to see if it is....I'm hoping and praying it's not there.
                    I really feel she needs a second opinion.
                    So it makes me more upset that she doesn't want to try...especially for my daughter who is 9.
                    Last edited by MsInterpret; 02-14-2013, 06:25:31.

Comment

• @ MsInterpret
                      Oh no! That's so sad, I'm so sorry to hear that
                      Many big .
                      I hope she will overthink it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kzin View Post
                        @ MsInterpret
                        Oh no! That's so sad, I'm so sorry to hear that
                        Many big .
                        I hope she will overthink it.
                        Thanks Kzin

Comment

• Originally posted by MsInterpret View Post
                          Well I've been on GH for quite awhile...but never really discussed much.
                          Anyways, my mom had ovarian cancer a couple years back and had to go through chemo.
                          We thought it was gone, but it came back and for awhile the doctors didn't know where it was.
                          They are going to do scans to see if it is....I'm hoping and praying it's not there.
                          So it makes me more upset that she doesn't want to try...especially for my daughter who is 9.
                          I am so sorry
                          It s*cks that the cancer came back and if it is in her bones than that is not good news. I hope they find out what is wrong with your mom and that they can convince her to do a treatment.
                          I wish you and yours all the strength to go through this.
                          Big Hugs

...and if you need to rant and let it all out, we are here
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Yvonne View Post
                            I am so sorry
                            It s*cks that the cancer came back and if it is in her bones than that is not good news. I hope they find out what is wrong with your mom and that they can convince her to do a treatment.
                            I wish you and yours all the strength to go through this.
                            Big Hugs

...and if you need to rant and let it all out, we are here
                            Thanks Yvonne!

Comment

• Originally posted by MsInterpret View Post
                              Well I've been on GH for quite awhile...but never really discussed much.
                              I am so sorry to hear I hate to hear that, best of luck to you

Strange as Angels, Dancing in the Deepest Oceans

Comment

• Originally posted by tipper75 View Post
                                I am so sorry to hear I hate to hear that, best of luck to you
                                Thanks Tipper!

Comment

Working...
                                X