• Thank you dear clover
    I am glad to know you too

I strongly believe in escapism therapy
    I like them too
    From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
    sigpic

Comment

• Nothing wrong with escapism in the right context

So yesterday I had a chunk cut out of my ear (squamous cell carcinoma) & they stitched it up very well,but they kept emphasizing pain management.They offered me some Tylenol before I left,but I don't take it because,well,I drink & it's bad for the liver.They even called later to see how much pain I was in.

So as the anaesthetic is wearing off my ear has a dull ache,really not bad,after a couple of cocktails I really didn't notice it.Woke up this morning & it doesn't hurt at all.What hurt was trying to get the tape off my hair,had to cut a little bit of it

I keep telling the docs I have a really high pain threshold,I don't flinch when they stick me with needles,I can't count how many times I've noticed I'm dripping blood everywhere & have no clue how it happened The wife & me have a running joke that if I didn't while bleed building something then I probably didn't do it right
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Frantic Freddie glad you're doing ok then -

Comment

• Thanks clover ,got my stitches out yesterday & they said it looked good, but would take up to 6 weeks to fully heal. Mostly it just itches unless I wear my headphones too long (I've never liked earbuds).

Cancer treatments are getting better all the time, all I can say is "Faster,please".
          Last edited by Frantic Freddie; 03-14-2013, 07:24:55.
          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• One of my favorite sayings is "The older you get, the more dead people you know".

Found out this morning that the guy I've known for 15-16 years passed away. For almost 40 years he had an appliance repair business, he'd fixed our stuff (I'm pretty handy, but appliances are black magic to me), he fixed my Mom's dryer (charming her out of her socks in the process) & when I was in property management I sent him as much business as I could. I saw him regularly at our local saloon, where he'd go to have a beer after work. The last time I saw him was about 2 weeks ago, we bantered as usual, I bought him a beer & he bought me one & he flirted with my wife as he always did.

I missed the service & most of the burial, but I did pay my respects, it's only 1.5 miles away.

RIP Don Smith.

Mark Twain

Comment

• I am sorry for you loss
              sigpic

Comment

• Last night my wife went for a walk with our dog along the usual paths* & on the way back she tripped & as we found out today, basically made a maraca out of her left wrist

Did I mention that she's a southpaw?

She's scheduled for surgery Monday morning, they're going to put a plate in, it's supposed to give her better mobility (more details...bla bla bla,I'll know more later).

Hospitals are nothing new to her, I nicknamed her Sally years ago

*the "paths" are badly graded roads up a steep 200+ foot hill, they're washed out, full of rocks & loose dirt. You'd need a high-clearance 4WD to drive them. They're nice hikes though, there's wildlife & fossils

Mark Twain

Comment

• That is real bad....I'm so happy I'm able to use left or right. Hope she'll get well real soon and that the surgery will be swift and easy. Give her a hug from me...

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.

As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

Comment

• Ouch....that is so not good!!!
                    I hope everything will work out fine for her and that she is able to use her hand quickly again.
                    Good luck with the surgery and keep us posted

My daughter is a Southpaw too
                    sigpic

Comment

• Here's the hunk of metal they put in her wrist. Between that & the screw in her foot she's turning into a Terminator

Mark Twain

Comment

• Pfff, that really is some piece of metal.
                        I hope this will help her recover fast and heal well.
                        Crossing paws that everything goes well
                        sigpic

Comment

• Thanks Yvonne, she'll be fine, even though she's a very grouchy lady today, I'm just dealing with it.

"Can I get you anything honey?"

"Yeah, your ass outta here"

Mark Twain

Comment

• From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
                            sigpic

Comment

• I hope she heals quickly. Fix her a margarita and exit by backing out of the room while bowing to her and all will be well.
                              Old Age and Treachery Will Always Overcome Youth and Exuberance
                              sigpic

Best Granny in the WORLD! "Hugs and Slugs Dispensed as Needed"

Comment

• She prefers Capt. Morgan & Lime Diet Coke, but thanks GrannyPeggy

She's fine now, we had a nice afternoon at the local saloon. She goes in Monday to have the cast & stitches removed, then she goes back to work (pharmacist) on Tuesday.

She says thanks y'all for the good wishes.

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X