• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homework Help

Need some help on a school project?
    Feeling stressed from all your work?
    Heres a thread just for you!
    Just post any homework you need help with, and I ( Or any other kind members ) Wil try to help you out.
    I am a senior junior officer of the GFARDTO

And a full-time patient of the
    GH LOONY BIN

The jokester of gamershood.
    Why arn't you laughing!?

If you are what you eat, then im a plate of spaghetti and meatballs. Weird.

oh this is a great thread.

So I have this huge biology report due december 14.
    I am doing it on the Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program. Better known as W.H.I.P.
    can anybody give me some really good links that could possibly help me with this report?
    I just need some info on them is all.

Comment

Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program

The Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP) is a voluntary program for people who want to develop and improve wildlife habitat primarily on private land. Through WHIP USDA's Natural Resources Conservation Service provides both technical assistance and up to 75 percent cost-share assistance to establish and improve fish and wildlife habitat. WHIP agreements between NRCS and the participant generally last from 5 to 10 years from the date the agreement is signed.

WHIP has proven to be a highly effective and widely accepted program across the country. By targeting wildlife habitat projects on all lands and aquatic areas, WHIP provides assistance to conservation minded landowners.

The Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 reauthorized WHIP as a voluntary approach to improving wildlife habitat in our Nation. Program administration of WHIP is provided under the Natural Resources Conservation Service.

Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program
      Conservation Incentive Program Fact Sheet

* Program Name: Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program
      * Abbreviation: WHIP
      * Primary Goal: Creation and Improvement of Wildlife Habitat.
      * Contact Agency: Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
      * Where Applicable: Statewide.
      * Other Sources of Information: Virginia Departmentof Game and Inland Fisheries Wildlife Biologist

Program Description and Requirements

The Wildlife Habitat Incentive Program (WHIP) is a voluntary program for landowners and landusers who want to develop or improve wildlife habitat on private agriculture related lands.

Participants work with the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to prepare a wildlife habitat development plan. This plan describes the landowners goals for improving wildlife habitat and includes a list of practices and a schedule for installation.

A 10-year contract to provide cost share and technical assistance to carry out the plan. In Virginia, these plans will be prepared to address one or more of the following high priority habitat needs: early secessional/grassland habitats that are home to game species such as quail and rabbit, as well as other non-game species like meadowlark and sparrows; riparian zones along streams and rivers that provide benefits to aquatic life and terrestrial species; migration corridors which provide resting and cover habitats for migrating songbirds, waterfowl and shorebird species; and decreasing natural habitat systems which are environmentally sensitive and have been impacted and reduced through human activities.

Cost-share assistance up to 75% of the total cost of installation (not to exceed $10,000 per applicant) is available for establishing habitat. Applicants will be competitively ranked within the state. Certain areas and practices will receive higher ranking based on their value to wildlife.

Types of practices include: disking, prescribed burning, mowing, planting habitat, converting fescue to warm season grasses, establishing riparian buffers, creating habitat for waterfowl, and installing filter strips, field borders and hedgerows.

All programs, activities, and services of the conservation partnership are available to people on a nondiscriminatory basis regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, physical ability, political affiliation, and marital or familial status. We are all equal opportunity employers.

Wildlife Habitat Incentive Program
      Protecting and Enhancing Critical Wildlife Habitat

Program Purpose

The Wildlife Habitat Incentive Program (WHIP) provides cost-share assistance to private landowners to help them enhance wildlife habitat areas on their lands. WHIP complements other cost share/incentive programs and provides a mechanism capable of overcoming two major obstacles to increasing wildlife habitat area. First, WHIP compensates landowners for the lack of market incentive to invest in public goods, such as watershed and wildlife protection. Second, it encourages landowners to make long term investments in maintaining the natural resource base (particularly land management practices capable of improving habitat areas).

In the absence of government assistance, landowners often abstain from making investments in wildlife habitat enrichment, not only because habitat is a public good, but also because the time horizon involved many habitat projects exceeds landowners planning horizons. Cost share is a proven means of overcoming landowner reluctance to make this sort of long term investment in public goods.

Program Activities

WHIP supports a wide range of habitat improvement practices which establish, improve, protect, enhance, or restore the present condition of the land for the specific purpose of improving conditions for wildlife. Eligible practices are determined by the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) in conjunction with State representatives.

Eligibility

Preference for receipt of WHIP assistance is based on the potential benefit which the public may realize from habitat enrichment. Although all non-Federal lands are eligible, private lands are targeted and some state lands may be considered. Payments can range from 50 to 75% of approved expenses, and will generally not exceed $5,000 per landowner per year depending upon land owner commitment to maintaining habitat projects. NRCS will consider projects maintained for a minimum of 5 to 10 years.

Program Administration and Informational Contacts

The National Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) administers WHIP; contact the NRCS, Conservation and Environmental Protection Division for more information. Primary national partners include the Cooperative State Research Education Service and Extension Service, the USDA Forest Service, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the US Fish and Wildlife Service. NRCS Conservationists, State Fish and Wildlife Agencies and the State Foresters provide State support for WHIP.

I have found only this, but I hope it helps somehow. Other places you can search for info is your local library, I don't know if you're from USA, but if you are, there might be also some pamphlets with good info about the organization
      Going on a trip around the universe on a convertible

Comment

I need help on a Science project, Science fiction book report and a History day project....But now....I need help on the history day project.... The theme Conflict and Compromise ...My topic is Grave robbing... In the 1800's...Also, I need help on the format for the project...

Comment

heres some graverobbing in the 1800s information that i found
          http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/entry.php?rec=2701
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_robbing
          http://fascinatinghistory.blogspot.c...e-robbers.html
          http://student.bmj.com/issues/04/12/life/466.php
          I am a senior junior officer of the GFARDTO

And a full-time patient of the
          GH LOONY BIN

The jokester of gamershood.
          Why arn't you laughing!?

If you are what you eat, then im a plate of spaghetti and meatballs. Weird.

Comment

Can you provide help in playing games as in the Christmas vacations, i am not going to do study at all, i am going to have the fun and enjoy a lot of games. Can you suggest me some online games.
            My Blog
            Download PSP games

Comment

if you go to ebaumsworld.com it has some fun games + there's like an archive of games for them.. watch out though that place is bad language etc.

.......if i could list all the fun games i've played..

Comment

Working...
              X