Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneBun
    What an awesome movie!!!

Did ya all know it has a religious undertone to it?

Do you know what they are?
    I agree! I had lots of fun watching it but then I was a huge fan of da Narnia books when I was younger. I was afraid the lion would not be as I imagine him back then but I think they made a good job of it.
    Of course it has a religious undertone to it. Same as Lord of the Rings. Lewis and Tolkien knew eachother, both were leading figures in the English faculty at Oxford University and as I recall would discuss religion. I know what the undertones are, but I ain't tellin'. Those who have not seen the movie should be given a chance ta make up their own minds

I think both authors were writing in a style that at that time most have felt very modern Who knew it would grow to become a genre on its own?

@Adventure
    It's true that the story is a big melting pot of mythology, fairy tales and some bible details. That is the point as I see it. So it is really a question of taste. If ya don't like the obvious lines between good and evil, monsters and heroes then this is not a movie for you. The plot is just not so complicated. Also the movie actually follows the story of the book quiet well, much like the movies of the Lord of the Ring trilogy. Remember though, it really isn't a story written for adults but for older children and adolescents. The religous undertone at the time was written very likely for the reader to have as a guideline. It must have been taken for granted that the reader would recognize it and thus have sense of familiarity for the story. It may not be so true today, I dunno. Times change.

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

Working...
    X