• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistery - ! Ohh
    Yes it is indeed !
    *Threatens to throw spices*

Comment

• LOL
      Really very strange incident - do you think it was one of the loonies?

Comment

• I think I might remember doing something like that. *looks innocently at mistery* How could you blame the nice eagle?

Hurricane Ike sent a lot of storming our way. Been raining all day. The area down by the lake got flooded. It was pretty bad.

Comment

• i got a little rain and some retty fast wind and for some reason my power was out for 2 hours but i was at church so i didnt know and i guess everything is fine in tennessee except the gas shortage
          sigpic

Comment

• Gas shortage. That's the last thing anyone needs right now.

Comment

• New project begins today

Hurricane Ike has displaced me for the last 8 days. The house I live in is near downtown Houston and has been without power since that bugger came ashore 9/13/08. I spent the last week at my Mum's house (don't ask me why I am using British terms this morning ) which worked out to be mutually benificial. She had me to clean up the mess left and I got to maintain a lifestyle with electricity. I think I got the better of the deal.

Her computer is soooo slow though. Managing pictures for these forums took upwards to 45 minutes to get 4 into photobucket and back to here. I miss my machine and hope it is operational when power comes back up at my house which should be sometime tomorrow according to the electric company.

So I suppose I could use some good wishes as I assess all that happened to the house in Houston today. I plan to open all the windows and sleep there hopefully sans mosquitoes, snakes and alligators...lol. Surely its not that bad!

Mother Nature gave this part of the world a reminder that she still has the last word and all our creature comforts we attain can be quickly taken away if she wants to. Be thankful this Sunday for all your blessings and I will be online with you from Houston home real soon.

Take care, RBS

Comment

• Awwww, RBS, I didn't know that you had to leave your house
                All my best wishes that you can return into your house where you'll be able to stay, and have electricity!

Comment

• Thanks Mistery Those candles may come in handy. Plans keep changing so I may end up out here one extra day.

Comment

• Me very sorry for both you and Crimson that I know also had some troubles with the hurricane. One tends ta feel rather small and powerless when faced with the wraths of mother nature My thoughts go out to you, RBS and also my friend Crimson

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

• Encouraging phone call

I was never so happy to hear an answering machine in my life. Just dialed my house and the answering machine is working...that must mean power is back on. Tomorrow I sleep in my own place again. And who knows after all the work is done I may even pop into a GH thread or two. YeeeHaaaww.

Comment

• Yay, that's good news RBS! I hope that the work that needs to be done in and around your house won't be very much though...
                        All my best wishes, and we're going to miss you. Please let us know how everything is going

Comment

• OH, RBS, that's GREAT! Glad to hear it seems your power is restored at your home! I know you'll have cleaning to do (including emptying your fridge! ), and I hope to see you back on GH from your own PC just as soon as you can!

And for Crimson, who I know was also without power for some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBS View Post
                            I was never so happy to hear an answering machine in my life. Just dialed my house and the answering machine is working...that must mean power is back on. Tomorrow I sleep in my own place again. And who knows after all the work is done I may even pop into a GH thread or two. YeeeHaaaww.
                            Thats great news. I know how nice that feels. When a hurricane hit here a few years back I lost power for two weeks too. I kept calling my house from work everyday just praying to here my answering machine. I literally screamed for joy the first time I heard it. My co-workers thought I was crazy.

Comment

• Really, guys, I was extremely fortunate. My fridge didn't even have enough time to get so warm I had to throw things out. I was without power for about 16 hours, and there were so many others who had it worse. I never even lost phone or cable service. I only wish that I'd been able to share my good fortune with someone who needed it.
                              sigpic

Comment

• a real love (article)

A girl and guy were speeding over 100 kmph on the road on a motorcycle...

Girl: Slow down. Im scared.

Guy: No this is fun.

Girl: No its not. Please, its too scary!

Guy: Then tell me you love me.

Girl: Fine, I love you. Slow down!

Guy: Now give me a BIG hug.

Girl hugs him

Guy: Can you take my helmet off & put it on yourself? Its bugging me.

In the paper the next day, A motorcycle had crashed into a building because of brake failure.

Two people were on it, but only one had survived.

The truth was that halfway down the road, the guy realized that his brakes broke, but he didn't want to let the girl know.

Instead, he had her say she loved him & felt her hug him one last time, then had her wear his helmet so that she would live even though it meant that he would die.

credit--------forward mail
                                Last edited by Mulan; 10-06-2008, 10:35:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X