No announcement yet.

General News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hadn't seen that, but that's definitely very cool.

EDIT:
    Unbelievable!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/18/col...ion/index.html

Comment

• Brittany Murphy dies at 32

Sad news. I only saw one of her movies, Uptown Girls, but I am a big fan of King of the Hill where she did the voice of LouAnn.

Comment

• The news shocked me. I was so saddened. I have watched many of her movies, and she has always seemed so sweet... It also always seems to hit close to home when the person who dies is close to one's own age...

On a happier note, I loved this story:

American St. Nick Remembered (WWII)
        http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe...nta/index.html

Comment

• I just heard a big boom. It was a bomb in the center of Athens.

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

• Yes, just read the headline.
            As it seems, fortunately the police got a hint in time, and has been able to evacuate the area, so that nobody got injured. At least this is what the short message said.

Comment

• It's not the first one I've heard, da alien. There was another one a while ago, not too far from where we are. Only reason why this particular one got enough attention is because it got set off at Syntagma, the very heart of Athens. I believe I am in a small state of shock
              They got the message this time ten minutes before it went off from what the news told us. It doesn't look like there was much damage from the pics I've seen but it sure made plenty of noise
              Last edited by Lilliputt; 01-09-2010, 18:48:04.

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

• Amazing story just came across the local news about an apartment fire in Houston. A man who cannot hear or speak saw two ladies trapped on an upper floor and jumped into action by driving his own SUV underneath the women on a balcony and motioned them to jump down. They did and he helped them to safety. He is being interviewed with the help of a sign language interpreter. I hope this makes national news as it is very inspiring.

Comment

• Wow, indeed an amazing story!

Comment

• Yes it is. He seemed so happy the way he was signing that he was able to do it. They jumped on the roof and hood of the car from the 2nd floor so it wasn't to dangerous but seeing that person without hearing or speech getting involved was tremendous.

Comment

• Oh, geez!!! I have a friend in Haiti right now helping build an orphanage through his church. (He's a pastor.) And all those people?! Oh, I hope the casualties are not many!!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americ...ake/index.html

Comment

• OMG, that's devastating

Comment

• They said a hospital collapsed. It's tragic!

Comment

• I hope you get word soon your friend is OK. People are getting through on the internet on Facebook and Skype. From everything I have been hearing it sounds like Haiti was not in great shape with roads and structures before the quake hit.

Getting help where needed is going to be difficult.

Comment

• The pics I've seen so far are really shocking

Comment

• I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but someone in minnesota made an igloo out of a chainsaw and something else.
                                ( •ᴗ•)b

Comment

Working...
                                X