General News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RBS View Post
    I hope you get word soon your friend is OK. People are getting through on the internet on Facebook and Skype. From everything I have been hearing it sounds like Haiti was not in great shape with roads and structures before the quake hit.

Getting help where needed is going to be difficult.
    I know. I'm following the news, and it's absolutely tragic. I don't even have the words...

As far as my friend, he was able to get through on Facebook somehow. He's okay, as is his family. A wall in their house collapsed, but he's just grateful to survive.

Comment

• I'm very glad to hear that your friend and his family are okay
      But I feel very sorry for all the people who have lost their homes or loved ones, or got injured. It's a tragedy.

Comment

• Exactly. It's heart-wrenching. I feel terrible for them and wish I could help them...

Comment

• Text "Haiti" to 90999 & you'll donate $10 to the Red Cross (I've done it).

CNN reports on a trapped 11 year-old girl (WARNING:graphic video)

Fox News reporter breaks down.

The USS Carl Vinson,along with the USNS Comfort have been dispatched & by now are probably there.
          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• It's extremely rare though not unprecedented for Haiti to get Earthquakes. I've heard you have to go back to the late 18th Century to find another tremor(by the way, that also was catastrophic).
            My Online Game Lounge

Comment

• We will probably give to Episcopal Relief and Developement, but there are a lot of charities, some a little better then others, and some lesser known then others. Here is charity navigator, which will tell you what charities will help out where it's needed, and which will have high administration costs. I hope this helps everyone.

*NOTE to Admins/Mods: I'm not sure if this is considered spam or not. Please delete if it's considered spam. Thank you.
              Don't forget you are awesome.

Comment

• Another bomb explosion in Athens... oh well
                http://ph.news.yahoo.com/afp/2010011...t-4bdc673.html

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

• That's so horrible. I really don't understand violence. But I'm grateful the jerks gave the police a heads up for an evacuation...

Comment

• I missed doing it timely but just over a week ago Art Clokey passed away. He created Gumby. I have always loved the idea of Gumby sliding into a book and becoming part of the storyline. Thanks Art.

Comment

• I was a devoted Gumby fan too.Thank you Art,for all the good times,RIP.
                      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Aww. Sad.... I still have a Gumby.

Comment

• I hate to sound stupid (ok I'm used to it), but what is a Gumby?
                          Last edited by dalveen; 01-22-2010, 00:41:59. Reason: spelling - again

Comment

• I think it's an USA-thing, I haven't heard of it either.
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumby

Comment

• We had something like Gumby in the UK called Morph. When his creator died last year (Tony Hart) it also made the news.

Comment

• Gumby was awesome i used to have the movies so sad

heres a pic
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X