No announcement yet.

American Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Floridians and Florida Fans. Good game. The defenses on both teams were really fired up.

Comment

did they win the superbowl?

Comment

I would like to thank Jack's Baltimore Ravens for knocking out the Tennessee Titans. They (Titans) were once the Houston Oilers. Its a long story why they moved and I can't tell it and keep the proper decorum standards of Gamershood.

WTG Ravens!

Edit: Baltimore gets Pittsburgh and they are going to be tough. I will root for the Ravens since the Steelers always knocked out Houston in our heyday. Maybe they could sign Michael Phelps to run quarterback sneaks in short yardage situations. He could go low and swim through the mass of lineman.

Comment

Well...I like Titans... I didn't like the way they treated Steve McNair toward the end of his career there, though. And what a shame he didn't last for more than one season with Ravens...

But even with their regular season's record, I wasn't expecting them to survive the playoffs, for some reason. This is probably because I knew they wouldn't be THAT good when they faced tougher teams from tougher divisions. So congratulations to Ravens and Ravens' fans.

However, while my favorite team is Titans, my favorite QB is THE BIG BEN
          So I'm gonna root for Steelers!!!!!

GO BIG BEN!

oh, and thank you whoever for sending the Manning brothers home
          Proud Member of the Dunce Hat Society

Comment

Ravens fought hard

Steelers were tough today but the Ravens gave them a fight. Some of Pittsburgh's offense looked like stuff drawn up spur of the moment on the playground dirt...you go here...you go here. Entertaining game. Hope that player hurt at the very end is gonna be alright.

Comment

I was so pumped for the Dolphins... Huge improvement though.

EDIT: I was at the Gator game. The team I support is undefeated whenever I'm there to watch it first hand.
              sigpic
              "キン肉マンは永遠だ"

Soda Beverage of the Looney Bin

Comment

Originally posted by RBS View Post
                Steelers were tough today but the Ravens gave them a fight. Some of Pittsburgh's offense looked like stuff drawn up spur of the moment on the playground dirt...you go here...you go here. Entertaining game. Hope that player hurt at the very end is gonna be alright.
                I was hoping the Ravens would win, but at least they didn't go down easy. Heck, I was a kid when we lost the Colts, but I still remember the day they left. I am just happy to have a team again to be honest so I have somebody to root for again.

Comment

Jack, I feel your pain in losing a team. I grudgingly was rooting for the Ravens. Being a Browns fan (yes, I know, but someone has to do it!) I couldn't bring myself to cheer for the Steelers. Now I have to say - GO Cardinals!
                  Come on, get happy!

Comment

I am sure your feelings towards the Ravens are similar to those I have towards the Colts. I would have rather have gotten a brand new team rather then get them the way we did. I kind of felt like it was a two wrongs don't make a right scenario.

Comment

I'm crying.
                      I'm crying.
                      I'm so crying.
                      I can't believe this is happening...

CORRECTION!!!

WE WON! WE WON! WE WON!
                      Last edited by Smidget; 02-02-2009, 03:05:33.

Comment

That was fun. We had two tv's going in a house with about 20 guests. Arizona rooters in one room and Steelers in the other. The entire 2nd half we were running back and forth into the "enemies" room shouting "in your face". It was CRAZY at the end.

I won 5 bucks hehe.

Comment

That must be crazy fun RBS.

Well, the Arizona touch down in the last 5 minutes or so (on game clock), I literally collapsed on the floor and started sobbing LOL.
                          And when Holmes caught the ball, I jumped back up on my feet and started dancing.

That was a good game!

Comment

Actually now that things have calmed down and I can watch the replays without distraction I realize how AMAZING Santonio's catch was. It was one of the best Super Bowls ever.

Comment

What is wrong with the Texas Longhorns today? They sure can't blame it on the weather.

6:48 left in first half OU 6 UT 0

Comment

OMB, the Houston Texans are 2-0. With HD TV it is getting harder for the refs and harder to watch. The last 2 minutes of regular time and the overtime took forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X