Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventure maker help

Little help??

Im stuck on how to make another item besides the key.

I only get a red key to start with and i dont know how to make more items like paper, different colour keys
    Online family:
    Online bro: Point click man
    Online dad:RC-10M
    Online sis in law:Ratgirl

There are two keys in the icons folder in AM. Open your project and then choose a frame (picture), any frame will do. Than go to manage inventory items. You will get a new window. Select "create new item", name it what you like and browse the icons. If you are in the "tutorial graphics" folder, go back by clicking "Adventure Maker 4.40" in the bar above the screen with the red key. You will then see a number of folders. Select "icons" and browse until you find other keys . You can also import an icon outside the AM by simply choosing the folder on your computer where you have the icon saved

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

Thanks lilliputt
      Online family:
      Online bro: Point click man
      Online dad:RC-10M
      Online sis in law:Ratgirl

Comment

You are very welcome

STILL struddling

sigpic

Comment

Just as an idea, you find a lot of .ico files for many different categories on this page that you can save and use for free for noncommercial projects:
          http://icone.goldenweb.it/index_file/l/en

Comment

Adventure Maker Error

HI there...I am going to post these error messages here in hopes that someone might recognize them and be able to help me.

I have made agame and when this one person goes to install it she gets 2 error messages..

1 error message comes at 50%
            This message says that "be sure you dont have more than one instance of Adventure Maker open" [Assured me it's not open] also sent me printed screens

This happens at 50% also by this time another icon shows up on desktop...my game icon..because I have free version a person has to install Adventure Maker to be able to play it.

Then she double clicks second icon...my game icon. and it gives error message;
            invalid arguement file not found>. then gives path.

The second one makes sense being as its only been installed 50% of the way..the first one is baffling ..she has assured me that its not open..Adventure Maker
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ~*Mercedes*~; 04-03-2008, 07:40:46.
            sigpic

If you visit my site..be sure to sign my Guestbook~!

The Best FREE Domain/Webhosting Site
            Games I've made so Far~!
            CaRAzYHoUSe
            Cabin Fever
            FeugShui
            Color Happy
            Adventures with Gib~ New!~

Comment

It is possible you all ready had a version of the game installed. Try unistall and bin the version you have I made two packed versions of the same game without binning the first one. BAD idea Erase the ones you have on the desktop before making a new package, make sure AM is not running when you install and also uninstall previous versions

STILL struddling

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean...are you saying this ..for me to say it to her? or are you recommending that i do this..?

Funny thing is i did make two versions of the game..but i renamed them the exact same thing..with no changes to either..like theyre identical now..i did that because..i couldnt remember which one i made first..lol..and I"m an idiot..but i'm not the one with problem loading it...she is..and noone else has had this problem downloading it..i don't think..

Also found out she has language pack installed...not sure but i think i read somewhere that this caused errors..only cause they appear on file names..like hers did in mine..if u see the one error there[pic]..it has chinese characters in it..

Either way I'll post back ..to say it's fixed if this works..both your suggestion and someone AM'S they told me to tell her to save it to C/ as opposed to documents or pic folder or desktop..
                sigpic

If you visit my site..be sure to sign my Guestbook~!

The Best FREE Domain/Webhosting Site
                Games I've made so Far~!
                CaRAzYHoUSe
                Cabin Fever
                FeugShui
                Color Happy
                Adventures with Gib~ New!~

Comment

I am suggesting you to do what I said in the above post, Mercedes If this is a problem your friend has than she has to uninstall the previous version and make sure AM is NOT running before downloading and installing the new version.

Yeah, I know what you mean about naming them the same and all of that. Been there done that, lol It is a very good idea to only have that one version on your computer and delete previous versions
                  I cannot say if language packs can effect the program but I must say it would surprise me.
                  Well, if it is the free version of AM it should install directly and so I am sure she doesn't get to pick the place to save it, you see. She only needs to decide that AM opens the am1 file

STILL struddling

sigpic

Comment

Help with adventure maker.

I need help with the adventure maker.
                    I have recently downloaded "Adventure Maker 4.5.2 free edition" to make some games for fun, and to post them here once I get good.

I cannot get the items to work. I have followed all of the troubleshooting tips (only a few, they weren't any good) and no help there.
                    Every time I get an item, it gives an error message, saying that "this isn't an official .ico icon. Please use a correct icon and try again" or something like that.
                    To try to fix that, I downloaded IcoFX to create .ico icons, but it still doesn't work.

Nonetheless, I can still pick up all items, but they do not appear in the Inventory box.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I am asking here, because I know many people here use the same program.

PS, If you help me with this, maybe you would know, how do I put the inventory at the right or bottom, instead of the top?
                    READ
                    >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
                    It'll SHOCK you!
                    Post anything and everything about Short Circuit HERE!

Comment

Hi Justeazy,

I have also experienced in rare cases that my .ico files were not accepted. Then I used another software and saved them again under another name, and they worked.

How big are they (in pixel x pixel)? Are they all bigger than 60 x 58 pixel?

Comment

Yes, they are.
                        Do they need to be that small?

I have (most of) mine usually around 75x75 pixels.

I'll reduce the size, then try again.

EDIT: I checked the box to auto make it 48x48, and it still didn't work.
                        I then tried manually resizing, and it still doesn't work.
                        I have gone to the site with .ico icons that you posted, but I cannot find any that I like.
                        Last edited by Justeazy; 08-03-2008, 16:20:43. Reason: update
                        READ
                        >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
                        It'll SHOCK you!
                        Post anything and everything about Short Circuit HERE!

Comment

No, they should be bigger. The creator of Adventure Maker told me to check that they are bigger, when I told him about this same problem. This is why I asked you. Sorry for the misunderstanding - I should have been clearer

Can you send me 1-2 such icons by email to check?
                          If you would like to, let me know by PM, and I'll give you my email.
                          The email feature through the profile currently doesn't seem to work.

Comment

I have had problems running .am1 games but it seems that I managed to make it work somehow. The .am1 file would not load unless I got the screen that demanded admin permission. Otherwise I kept getting an error essage.
                            When I got the admin permission window up, it worked fine
                            Just so ya'll know....

STILL struddling

sigpic

Comment

Was it the error message "Invalid procedure call or argument"?
                              What did you do to get the admin permission demand? Can you give some advice to Escape and others who might have the same problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X