Freak Room Escape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schmurr
    I have everything in my inventory, but I am having some combination problems:
    I cannot seem to combine the tape and the screwdriver, nor can I get the lighter to combine with the clay. Both of these tasks are evidently necessary per previous posts.

I can combine to complete every other task (graphite from the pencil/paper/rock; scissors on tape; hammer on teeth & clock; etc), so I think it's no glitch.

Can anyone help here? I'm going to save and quit for now, but I'll check back soon. Thanks kindly and enjoy the weekend.

BTW: Downloaded games aren't for the impatient or technically bereft. Nice to meet you all.

You need to use the scissors to cut the tape then combine it with the other items.

Comment

I have cut tape before

Originally posted by mizdooleys
      You need to use the scissors to cut the tape then combine it with the other items.
      I had cut off two pieces of tape: one for the hook and I assumed the other was for the screwdriver. They will not combine, however. Any more specific info that you can provide?

Thanks very much for responding.

Comment

Originally posted by Pijkie

Away with the offline games!!!

i agree lol
        Reality is an illusion created by lack of alcohol

Comment

Should I be doing something to get some light cause I can't see a thing!!

Comment

Walkthrough

Here is a full walkthrough to this game, on from which, after reading the diary, one might have a heavy heart. Onward.

There are tons of things to find; nearly 20 by my count. Move your cursor everywhere. There is at least one thing to use or find on every screen but two, I think.

You will need to combine many things. To combine items, simply click on one thing so that it follows your cursor, then click on another item. Some items will combine in only one direction. That is: pencil to paper FIRST, then the stone and not stone to paper first... etc.

Firstly: Use winrar (or like program) to extract the file and double-click "Escape.exe".

Click through Yoda-esque dialogue from scarred, tea-making creature if you've heard it before. Gather all of your items first...

Screen #1: Empty Black Doorway - This screen is one of the screens in which there is nothing to find or use. Move cursor to the "left" and click.

#2: Bed - Get scissors. Move cursor to the wall corner between wooden headboard and mattress until "gap" appears and click.

#3: Gap behind bed - Get abrasive rock. Click back to #2. Click left.

#4: Bloody anarchist A - (Take note of the innocuous yellow globule dead-center on the floor that says "unknown" on the cursor hover. Note it because you will need it later.) Click on star-shaped "hole" top mid-left on the wall.

#5: Close-up of Star Hole - Get pencil in hole. Click back to #4. Click left.

#6: Wardrobe - You will not be able to get into this wardrobe ever, so stop it. I said stop. (Note the box on top. You cannot get it now, but -oh yes- it will be yours.) Just the left of the base of the wardrobe, "gap" will appear. Click it.

#7: Gap behind wardrobe - Get hook. Click back to #6. Stop touching the bleeding wardrobe. Click left.

#8: Entrance to stairs - There is nothing on this specific screen to use or find. Place cursor in the center of the blood puddle and move it to the right slowly until "right" appears. Click it.

#9: Storage corner - Get the small gray "lighter" peeking out from under the large sack on the left. Click back to #8. Click "stairs".

#10: Facing stairs and bell door - This will be your exit, but there is a lot to do before you can go. Put your cursor on the bottom step and move it to the right until "gap" appears. Click it.

#11: Gap behind stairs - Get dry clay. Click back to #10. Click back again to entrance to stairs. Click left.

#12: Corner with hashmarks in wall - Note the hashmarks and the numbers they represent. Cursor over the sharp "fold" in the carpet below. Click and it will disappear. Move your cursor a little southeast until "carpet" appears and click.

#13: Hole in floor - Get blue lock box. To avoid disorientation, this is important: move your cursor up to click back to #12. Click left.

#14: Three-drawer stand - Get musical clock. Cursor to the very top middle over the "gap" where the right security bar is missing and click it.

#15: Close-up of bars - Get needle to the left of the hole. Click back to #14. Click left.

#16: Large hole in the corner - Get stick. Put cursor directly on the mouse hole on the right and slowly move down until "zoom" appears. Click it.

#17: Zoom - Get duct tape. Click back to #16. Now, CLICK RIGHT to #14 (3-drawer).

You just need a few more things:

-Hammer & paper: Use needle on middle drawer's keyhole. Get hammer and paper.

-Get the box on the wardrobe: Click right until you get back to Screen #6, the wardrobe front with view of the box on top. In inventory, click the hook then the stick to make "groggy". Click scissors then duct tape to cut a piece of tape. Click the "pice of a duct tape" then the groggy to make "stick with a hook". Click stick with hook, then back out of inventory. Click the box. Go back into inventory and click scissors then the box. The box will disappear leaving you with false teeth ("ivories") and a screwdriver.

-Opening the lock box: In inventory, click the blue lock box for a close-up. You need the 4-digit combination. It can be found on the "ivories". Click on the hammer in inventory then the ivories to smash them. Click on the now-smashed ivories (now called "teeth") and note the hash marks on three of the teeth: IIII\ III (8), IIII (4), & IIII\ I (6). These are the first three of the four numbers (not in the right order, mind you). The last number can be found on the wall in Screen #12. To help you, the first three are 4,6,8. Try one of the other numbers on the wall for the last one. HINT: no numbers repeat. (If you must know the last number, scroll way down.) Opening lock box will make it disappear from inventory leaving "diary" and "alarm clock".

-Make wet the dry clay: Go back to screen #4 with the Bloody anarchist's A. Click on dry clay in inventory, back out and click on the "unknown" yellow globule. You now have "wet clay".

-Get key for the exit door: Click on diary (will take a few moments to load) and read it the whole way through. When finished, the key will appear in inventory.

Even though you have the key, you will have read the diary to see that you must fix the broken musical clock before you let yourself out. Let's get to it:

COMBINATIONS:
            Lots of combos to do now and ALL are necessary to finish the game. So get into the inventory and try to follow.

-Take apart musical clock: Click screwdriver then musical clock. Screwdriver will break; we'll fix it later.

-Get gearwheel: Click hammer then alarm clock to destroy alarm clock. Click "destroyed alarm clock" to make "gearwheel" appear in inventory.

-Make graphite: Click pencil then paper. Click "abrasive stone" then "pencil with paper" to make "graphite" on the paper.

-Use graphite: Click graphite then gearwheel to coat gearwheel. Click graphite then "opened musical clock" to coat inside of clock. Graphite will disappear.

-Repair musical clock: Click gearwheel then the musical clock to repair it.

-Fix the screwdriver and close the musical clock: Click wet clay and broken screwdriver to put pieces together. Click lighter then screwdriver to harden clay. Click scissors then duct tape (tape roll will disappear) for another piece of tape. Click the piece of tape then the screwdriver to make the final repair to it. Click the screwdriver then the musical clock to close it.

-Exit: Strangely, it seems that you cannot use the key in the exit door until you click on the repaired musical clock first. Well, that's at least my experience. The end is not exciting, but at least your intellect finally gets the acknowledgement it always deserved: "You seem to be pretty smart". Not the superlative accolade you might have liked, but it'll do, yes?

By the way, the last number of the lock box is 7, silly person.

Comment

What to do with music box when fixed

When you've fixed the music box, select it, then click the door where that freak dude was. You'll give him the box and he will play music, then you can use the key to exit the door.

You can exit without giving him the box though

Comment

Well done

Originally posted by CKY_Dunn
                When you've fixed the music box, select it, then click the door where that freak dude was. You'll give him the box and he will play music, then you can use the key to exit the door.

You can exit without giving him the box though

Well well, Dunn. That was well done. I couldn't resist.
                Thanks so much for giving closure.

Comment

I didn't like it too much.
                  It slowed down my computer like hell and messes with the resolution.
                  There is a bug in this game as well... if you cut the tape too early there will be no tape left to fix the screwdriver later. also you don't have to give the fixed music thingy to the guy to escape... And the ending is laaaame. D-

Comment

iv trid all the unrar help but all i get is a little black box with writing that appers and dissapers right away

ok now i need to know how to install directx 8.1
                    Last edited by Mistery; 08-08-2006, 02:25:00. Reason: merged posts

Comment

i cant seem to download it

Comment

Originally posted by christen
                        i cant seem to download it
                        Right Click -> Save Target As

or Right Click -> Save Link As

He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

Comment

get directx 8.1 ere for free http://www.fileshack.com/file_downlo...ited.x?fid=259

Comment

The downloadable games here is quite shite !!!
                            No offence

Comment

Well well, Im surprised that my odd game made it s way to some Game sites - kinda strange. I wonder how u managed to get the link ? And Im even more surprised that u managed to solve all the strange puzzles/riddles. Noone have been able to do that in the community the game actually was made for (how the hell did u get the link >.<).

I ve already known about the bug with the musical clock - there are other lill things I wanted to fix in that game, but since I lost the source data because of a hard disc crash I haven t been able to change anything - so it had to stay like it was, but it wasnt meant to be published to the large public. Well, doesn t matter anymore, guess it s ok how it is now.

But:

. if you cut the tape too early there will be no tape left to fix the screwdriver later.
                              That s kinda impossible ? I tried it several times, even if cutting the tape is the first thing u do in the game, the rest of the duct tape wont disappear unless u have two pieces. The script of that item is pretty clear and simple, can t imagine how u managed to make it disappear after the first cut.

Hm, even if a lot of ppl didnt like the game, at the end Im glad that some of u have played it (till the end). If u liked it a lill bit, maybe u ll like my second escape game that ll be released pretty soon, as well. The biggest improvement will be the graphic, since the game won t be "my first steps" like FreakRoom, which graphics were more placeholder (that ve never been replaced) than anything else ^__^.

PS. I like my bad English, so dont complain.

Comment

Working...
                              X