This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdventureX 2011 - point & click games show

Greetings adventure game fans, point & click lovers and game designers the world over. I'm here to announce the first of hopefully many AdventureX gatherings taking place this year in the UK just before Christmas.

AdventureX is a humble gathering for fans, players and designers of adventure games - with previews and games to play, special guests with interesting talks and general tomfoolery as we open the world of point & clicks up to the public.

This year is the birth of the event, so it's a little smaller than originally planned. We've got a nice venue with plenty of space for people to come and play some games, meet other fans and developers, have a drink and listen to our guests talk about adventure game subjects. It's taking place over two days on the 17th and 18th December just next to Didcot Parkway station in Oxfordshire.

I had previously hoped to host it in London but I'm afraid for this first edition that won't be possible. Despite that fact, Didcot itself is quick and easy to reach from London by train, and many other major cities in the UK. We have parking right next to the event that costs £2 for 24 hours.

So, if you are interested, please visit http://adventurex.eventbrite.com to get a ticket! I will be honest - if less than 20 tickets are shifted, we won't be able to afford the venue. So tell your friends, get them to come along too.

Don't forget to use the discount code ONIONRINGS11 for a small discount on the ticket price!!

So what's happening at this years AdventureX?
    » Chris Bateman, designer of Discworld Noir is coming to give a talk on Saturday
    » Alisdair Beckett, designer of Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy speaking on Sunday
    » Chris Jones creator of Adventure Game Studio engine on Sunday
    » Yahtzee - delivering a special adventure game audio message on both days
    » Over 25 new adventure games, free & commercial - for you to preview, play & take home
    » Various daily debates about 2d & 3D art, selling games, audience psychology & more
    » Plenty of space to work on your own games, meet other developers etc
    » Licensed bar with beer, wine, tea & coffee
    » Mince pies and an afternoon buffet for free

If you're not ready to get a ticket yet and just want to know more, you can find plenty of info on the AdventureX website:

screen7.co.uk/adventurex/

Of course, any questions you have - do feel free to reply here, or send me an email personally, (using the contact page on the website). If YOU have your own game, or if you feel you have an interesting talk to give - get in touch! I'm happy to showcase any adventure game and would welcome anyone who feels they can deliver an interesting speech.

Finally, I'd just like to tell you the list of things happenning at this years AdventureX is going to continue to grow from now up to the day it starts, so keep an eye out as I continue to secure more cool stuff for the event!

That's about it. Thank you for reading, and hopefully see you at AdventureX 2011!

Regards,
    Mark Lovegrove

- organiser

PS: Woot, thanks for the sticky Gamershood!!
    Last edited by m0ds; 11-19-2011, 14:15:27. Reason: Added info. Thanks for the sticky!

Update for Nov 9th: I've added Day Tickets, you can still use "ONIONRINGS11" to get a small discount

Comment

An update on AdventureX for December 8th:

On Saturday we will be joined by Neil Rennison of Tin Man Games who will talk to us about Gamebook Adventures, his successful iPad 'choose your own adventure' games which recently picked up Judge Dredd/2000AD rights. Prizes have also been kindly supplied by Lace Mamba Global for this years event, which include copies of Tales of Monkey Island, Gray Matter, The Book of Unwritten Tales and 15 Days. One or two lucky people will also win a free game from TellTale Games Inc. !

For anyone who cannot attend in person - perhaps you'd be interested in getting a "stay at home" ticket. You will be sent the newsletter, all the video interviews from the event and other special things. You will also be put into the online prize draw! You can also show your support for this years event this way - and as such choose how much you're willing to pay for the ticket. If you don't want to use Eventbrite, just visit the "tickets" page and scroll down for info on obtaining an e-ticket using PayPal.

Thanks again for your kind support here!

Mark

Comment

This is my final update, just to say thank you for showing support - and it's not too late to get a ticket (or a stay at home ticket if you want all the online goodies). The show starts in just over 12 hours, at which point we'll be burning through adventure games every fifteen minutes, eating egg sandwiches and look at bar price list and talk to bar lady, shortly before interact with drink. Thanks again, see those of you coming there!

Mark L - organiser

Comment

The event was a success, and from here on it can hopefully grow. See what happens for a 2012 edition

You can read my personal report on AdventureX 2011 here:
          http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=44754.0

Another full report of the event thanks to Cubed Gamers:
          http://www.cubedgamers.com/home/2012...enture-x-2011/

An article about the event can be read at The Reticule:
          http://www.thereticule.com/adventurex-2011/

And an interview with Chris Bateman from the event can be seen here:
          http://www.cubedgamers.com/home/2011...chris-bateman/

Thanks again for allowing me to babble on about this here. Have a great 2012!

Comment

Working...
          X