Bow Street Runner (Chapters 1-5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow Street Runner (Chapters 1-5)

This is a mystery adventure series with several chapters.
    You play the role of a Runner investigating crime in a series of scenes throughout London of the 1750s.
    Use your mouse to examine each area for clues and evidence, and interview witnesses in order to gather information. When you've got enough information, you'll be able to move on to the next scene.

The game is not suitable for young players.

UPDATE April 9 2008:
    Chapter 5 is out!
    If you ask for hints, please add the chapter number.

Play Here
    (Since the game contains video sequences, the loading for players with slow internet connection is long!)

Please use spoilers to give hints:
    [spoiler=Title Here]Enter text here...[/spoiler]

Click image for larger version

Name:	BowStreetRunner.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1695930

There are a couple of spots in the game that are going to be nearly impossible for anyone using a touchpad. One of those, I believe, is required to go farther in the game.

Comment

I like this game but im really no good at following the wiggley lines, some woman died because i couldnt stitch her up lol, is that the bits you mean aswell nin_man?

Also now im stuck on a loading page i think its got stuck as its jus repeating loading and lighting the line up but nothings happening
      Im a proud Mummy to my gorgeous son Jack born 24/08/2008!!

Comment

No, I meant the part where you take the pocketwatch from the guy with the beautiful teeth.

I couldn't do the stitching with a mouse, either. And I got stuck on that same screen, guess it's a bug.

Comment

Lol yeah his teeth were certainly different, maybe ur right and its a bug then!
          Im a proud Mummy to my gorgeous son Jack born 24/08/2008!!

Comment

Its Olde London Towne, everyone had bad teeth - no dentists or Colgate. I'm from there originally, and it's still pretty much the same even with (or because of) free NHS dentists
            I can't sew up the woman, or give the right evidence??

Comment

I can't het the hair from the dead guys hand. I can uncurl his fingers, but, can't get hair....Don't know what else to do at this point.

Comment

You've got to be quick to grab the hair.

EDIT: I'd make a terrible cop. I can only figure out the first evidence to present - proving the same person killed the father and the son is a lot harder than I thought.
                Last edited by nin_man; 02-15-2008, 20:24:03.

Comment

I am stuck also loading scene 2...has anyone been able to get past that?

Comment

Originally posted by nin_man View Post
                    You've got to be quick to grab the hair.

EDIT: I'd make a terrible cop. I can only figure out the first evidence to present - proving the same person killed the father and the son is a lot harder than I thought.

I finally got the hair. I sort of got the impression that I was not gonna be able to present the right evidence no matter what. Being a rookie and all. And the guy ends up floating and now we have to find out who murdered him in the next episode.

Nice game.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                      I finally got the hair. I sort of got the impression that I was not gonna be able to present the right evidence no matter what. Being a rookie and all. And the guy ends up floating and now we have to find out who murdered him in the next episode.

Nice game.
                      I thoroughly enjoyed this one, too.

I tried every piece of evidence I thought would be ironclad, and they all kept getting shot down. But surely there has to be a way to convict him, even if it doesn't matter in the end. I read on another forum where someone asked about needing a piece of evidence I hadn't gotten to just yet, so I'm sure there's a way to get further than I am.

Now I am contenting myself with only clicking the dead guy's middle finger so it extends, because at the end of the day I am eight years old.

Comment

I can't seem to get the hair or the...whatever it is at the watering trough. It stops, and won't let me back out.

Never mind. Got both.
                        Now I'm stuck at the Black Bull Tavern.
                        Last edited by Purp; 02-17-2008, 07:04:41.
                        Don't forget you are awesome.

Comment

Hmmm well.....my case wasnt strong enough lol....I gave the best evidence I had, oh well....waits for the next chapter

Comment

I'm thinking maybe he was not the actual culprit...perhaps there was someone else who had hired him to do the killing...but I don't think the evidence we have is enough to support who I think hired him...
                            I'm addicted to escape games!

:elephant: :elephantbye: :elephant: :elephantbye: :elephant: :elephantbye: :elephant: :elephantbye: :elephant: :elephantbye:

Comment

lol good luck i can't wait for the next one lol keepin my eye on this game lol
                              GO PENGUINS!!!Loud and Proud!87

Harry Potter Is amazing!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X