No announcement yet.

Amnesya (Special thread for level Stop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shematics12, I want to hug you. Seriously... It's been 14 months since I came to this level. Your idea is not only the best idea I have heard, it will probably lead us to the solution. How? Now listen:

How can they assure that you haven't visited this level more than once since the first time you came to this level? There are only and only two ways.

1) They keep track of IP addresses. Well this sounds fine in the beginning. But it leads to problems. People have variable IP addresses. Actually only a small fraction of internet users have fixed IP numbers. Your IP address may even change if there is a thunderstorm and you lose power for 1 second (assuming your cable/dsl modem doesn't have power backup). There is only a very very slim chance that you will have the same IP address for a whole season. They can't do it this way.

Man, I want to hug you...

2) What is the second way they can keep track of this? COOKIES! Cookies store information about websites you visit. Cookies are the only way a website can store (a limited amount of) information in your computer, unless you manually save information.
    Here comes the big prize.
    I checked cookies stored by amnesya. Normally there are 3 cookies. Whenever you visit level AE and/or level Stop, a 4th cookie is created. And guess what? It has a counter! Everytime you revisit level AE or level Stop the counter bumps up by one number. So this cookie has the information that stores how many times you visited level Stop and AE.

So your suggestion will probably lead us to a solution. Other people can just clear their cookies and revisit level AE or level Stop once and they will have a fresh cookie with a counter set to 1

Now we need to think about the technicalities...

Shematics, you're the man...
    If you are pm'ing about any level, please post the level's number rather than just the level's title.

Comment

So, how do we check on our cookies? And how will this help us in solving Stop?

Btw, I have a lot of respect for Scorpion therefore I have a lot of respect for you now Shematics. WELL DONE (if this is right)!

EDIT: I've found my cookies folder, but when I open the ones to do with Level Stop all it does is opens that page on the internet. How do I view the counter?
      Last edited by Oaky; 11-21-2008, 05:58:00.
      OMG, Stop is gone! THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!
      Official Amnesiac

Comment

OMG!!!! It is intresting. And I think you found the truth solution! But I want to ask something. Cant we get this level without buying cookies or something else?
        Congrats Shematics12!
        GALATASARAY Turkey

I WANT MORE RIDDLES!

Comment

Buying cookies? What do you mean kaankanat?
          There are various ways of reading the cookies, depending on your browser. On firefox, you can go to the options->privacy->show cookies. There, search for amnesya.com

Or you can locate it in your filesystem and open it with some editor. It will probably be a binary file though, so this is not a very good option.
          Oaky, I don't know how this will lead us to the exact solution yet. We have 1 month to think about it

I don't want to discourage anyone but, you know squid and Dukes... All this could be a coincidence, or made just to f... with us.
          If you are pm'ing about any level, please post the level's number rather than just the level's title.

Comment

Hows about simply setting our count to 1 or even 0 for the time mentioned?
            OMG, Stop is gone! THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!
            Official Amnesiac

Comment

Well, we all had the counter set to 0 when we first came there, right?
              So setting it to 0 will probably not work. I am thinking about 1, following Shematics' idea.

Comment

Scorpion, I think you're right.

We cannot change the time of the server, so all we can do is change the info in the cookie. I think better idea than to wait next season is to set the cookie pointing back in time.

But it's not that easy. The cookies have the expiring date, and we need to match those. a, b and z cookies have all different expiring dates but you can figure out how to put those correctly with your chosen date, right? I think they need to be exact within 1 second.

What is the third element in cookie b? Do we need to change that too?

Comment

I think we will enter amnesya level stop only 4 times. These are end of autumn , end of summer , end of winter and end of spring for GMT. Did I understand truly?
                  GALATASARAY Turkey

I WANT MORE RIDDLES!

Comment

I am stuck at level stop for over a year now and I checked level stop meanwhile at the end of 4 seasons, but they NEVER changed the source on the exact GMT time. Most of the times they changed it a fiew hours later, only the last time they have changed it at least two hours before the exact ending of summer.

So, how should we know, which clock they are using and on which time the seasons end for squid and dukes?

Comment

Okay, I just learned that the expiration dates do not matter. At least Wiki says that the browser does not send the expiration time to the server. So we don't need to worry about it.

Let's put the obvious down.

Cookie c: Does not seem to contain any information and expires at the end of session (browser closed?). The only content is the same number we have in other cookies (ID or do we all have the same number?)

Cookie b: Expires in 2.30 (?) hours and counts the Amnesya visits, the third number is mystery and the last on is the time (of last visit).

Cookie a: Expires in 2 years. ID, another mystery number, the three last visit (sessions) times to Amnesya, and the number of visits (sessions). If cookie b has expired, that creates a new session and entry to cookie a.

Cookie z: ID, The first time Amnesya site is visited, two mystery numbers and some other information.

Any good ideas? None of the cookies track the level exactly but Amnesya visits.

Comment

Can you write this mystery numbers and other mystery things I want to see them (please)

Hey sqorpion , der.qwert , oaky , Shematics12 , ponderer , snowmen , Iceall, Spiritsoul and the others who stucked at level Stop: Do you have msn(messenger). If you write your msn s we can talk in messenger. My messenger is kaankanat4@hotmail.com
                        Last edited by kaankanat; 11-21-2008, 17:22:46.
                        GALATASARAY Turkey

I WANT MORE RIDDLES!

Comment

Scorpion, all four cookies are created at the same time - when first visiting amnesya, whatever page, and the counter counts visits to whatever amnesya page, not necessarily AE or Stop, just like ponderer wrote. Why did you think that prior to visiting Stop or AE you had only 3 cookies?

So, what if all we need to do is.. visit stop exacly one time in autumn, then wait for winter and not visit amnesya in the meantime, so that counter stays the same and time of last visit is from previous season? As simple as source says.. don't come back until the end of season!

This is easy to check..in last days of autumn erase all cookies, visit stop, and when it's winter, visit it again.

Comment

I tried changing the cookie times back in time. All three in the last season and also in the last three seasons. It didn't work.

I also read flash files contain cookies, but checked that and there's nothing under amnesya or other 'satellite' sites.

Anyone else on msn and online?

Comment

I opened an amnesya channel at freenode. Everyone who knows IRC is welcome to join.

Comment

It turns out that the cookies are from google analytics:

__utma=<domain hash>.<unique visitor id>.<timstamp of first
                                visit>.<timestamp of previous (most recent) visit>.<timestamp of
                                current visit>.<visit count>

__utmz=XXXX.TTTTT.V.C.utmccn=<campaign>|utmcsr=<so urce>|
                                utmcmd=<medium>|utmctr=<keyword>

Where:
                                XXXX = hash of your domain name
                                TTTTT = Timestamp when the cookie was set
                                V = How many visits they had made when the cookie was set
                                C = How many different sources this visitor has come from

UTMB:

XXXX.VV.10.TTTT

Where (apparently, from what I can tell:

XXXX = Domain Hash
                                VV = The number of pages viewed during the session the cookie was set
                                TTTT = A current Timestamp.

Comment

Working...
                                X