Top Secret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Epic View Post
    BrainisDead -- if you made it to level 8, could you please provide a hint as to where you found the "name"???
    Yes PLEASE Brainisdead.... I have been all through the riddle and can't find anything

Comment

• pm'd ya both, u got as much as i have now.
      still looks like a dead end though.

Comment

• I just PM'd you back -- it was a good thought, but I don't think that's it.

Comment

• Ack! Can't even start the riddle. I've tried to open the page in a new url but each time I click to open it it asks me if I want to run it. When I say yes it won't do it and a message flashed up saying that there is a run time error and that the document is undefined. Anyone have this problem?

Update: opened it in notepad. Scrolling through it now. Looks crazy.

Hmm. Think I might know what cipher was used but what to decode?

Nvm - it's probably better that I can't do it. Don't want another riddle to take over my life!

Comment

• lissy -- what level are you on? there is no cipher so far (i'm on level 7)

Comment

• brainisdead - any idea what 'hypertext mode' means? I've tried using Lynx but that doesn't seem to do any good...or do you think that's just referring to the refresh?

Comment

• not a clue. thats a bit too technical for me. never studied web stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orcl View Post
                  brainisdead - any idea what 'hypertext mode' means? I've tried using Lynx but that doesn't seem to do any good...or do you think that's just referring to the refresh?
                  Orcl -- are you on level 8??? can you give a hint for where to find the "name" for level 7?? been stuck for ages!!

Comment

• you can keep it from refreshing (at least with firefox) just by hitting escape within the second, rather than 'hypertext mode', but for all I know that's causing something else to change
                    but, the page source seems the same if you capture it before it refreshes

Comment

• but what level are you on??

Comment

• Epic - there are various websites which can give you the answer

Comment

• I don't want the answer -- just a hint

Comment

• lvl 7

help!!

I'm stuck on 7
                            @brain: you made it? if so could you post a hint or pm me?
                            If you make something foolproof
                            somebody makes a better fool

Comment

• epic - that was a hint . there are also ways of finding the answer closer to home

Comment

• I've been asking for a hint for 7 forever -- nobody seems to want to help kinda sucks cuz I gave hints all the way up to 7 to everyone who asked <<insert whining here>> LOL

OK Orcl -- thanks (i think) I'll have to mull those hints over for a bit. Probably waaaaay overthinking this level
                                Last edited by Epic; 12-11-2007, 22:32:02. Reason: thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X