I need a new phone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new phone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im in a huge dilemma, im getting a new phone for my 16th birthday and i can spend pretty much as much money as i want I can spend about £350 pounds (i dont know what that is in dollars/euros )

I really dont know which phone to get, ive been thinking about the iphone, but i dont know, ive always like sony phones so i was thinking about this one

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod.../overview/w995

but i dont know, can anyone reccomend any good ones?
    New York!
    Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
    There's nothing you can’t do,

Now you're in New York!
    These streets will make you feel brand new,
    These lights will inspire you,
    Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York

JAY Z AND ALICIA KEYS - EMPIRE STATE OF MIND CLICK HERE

Hmm....I think that's about $560 U.S. dollars or about 405 Euros.

That being said, I know the iPhone is popular, as are the Blackberries. I have neither. I have a Samsung Eternity, but that doesn't cost anywhere near the amount you have to spend. I assume you can get a much better phone. (But I do love mine. )

And I'm not at all familiar with the one you posted.

Maybe some people can post some reviews here of their phones. How they like them. Good luck!!

Comment

it's a bit old now but still a good phone the nokia N95 8Gig, I've had mine for about 9 months now, 8 g memory, mp3 player , 5mp camera, dropped it like 16 times now and it still works

I'm a bit biased though I've own 5 mobiles phones now and they've all been Nokia's and I swear by them.
      Last edited by shootermagavin; 07-13-2009, 13:57:24.

Comment

I just got a Sony Ericsson W980 - and it's AWESOME. I love it, I can check my emails, go to GH online. It has an awesome music player - lights up and has touch buttons on the outside so you can switch tracks without opening it. Plus it looks really cool, has good camera/video... you can add memory. I don't like sliders, or touch screens. They break too easily. I dropped mine on the road and it seems to be ok. lol oops. Has a nice big screen and easy buttons.

Not sure how much they sell for now, but probably save you some cash.

Comment

I have a Trac-phone from Wal-Mart that cost 20 bucks. I buy more minutes on plastic cards and because I bought a bonus pack whatever minutes I buy are doubled for the life of the phone. It make and receive calls and that's all I want. I think I can text but I don't. Generally it stays in the car because that seems to be where I am using it the most. When I go somewhere I have never been - I grab it and take it with me in case I wander off and get lost.

Comment

being your first phone you should definitley go for pre-paid clank, you can't get into trouble that way
            Last edited by shootermagavin; 07-13-2009, 14:15:27.

Comment

I don't think this is Clank's first phone, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm like RBS... as long as I can talk on it, that's good enough for me. I have a camera to take pictures, an MP3 player to play music, a computer for internet, and a phone to talk on... and I don't mind that they're not all on the same machine.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EscapeGirl View Post
                That being said, I know the iPhone is popular, as are the Blackberries. I have neither. I have a Samsung Eternity, but that doesn't cost anywhere near the amount you have to spend. I assume you can get a much better phone. (But I do love mine. )

And I'm not at all familiar with the one you posted.
                Umm well i dont really like samsung phones I had a samsung before and i found the music players and cameras faulty

Originally posted by shootermagavin View Post
                it's a bit old now but still a good phone the nokia N95 8Gig, I've had mine for about 9 months now, 8 g memory, mp3 player , 5mp camera, dropped it like 16 times now and it still works

I'm a bit biased though I've own 5 mobiles phones now and they've all been Nokia's and I swear by them.
                LOL, i could get the N95, but as you said its a bit old, and i want one i could go to school with and show off But yeah i like the look of that one

Originally posted by leapfrog View Post
                I just got a Sony Ericsson W980 - and it's AWESOME. I love it, I can check my emails, go to GH online. It has an awesome music player - lights up and has touch buttons on the outside so you can switch tracks without opening it. Plus it looks really cool, has good camera/video... you can add memory. I don't like sliders, or touch screens. They break too easily. I dropped mine on the road and it seems to be ok. lol oops. Has a nice big screen and easy buttons.
                Oh well i actually considered this and its only £110 pounds, its a consideration, I think its looks cool too but im unsure, its pretty much the same thing with the N95. Thats another consideration

Originally posted by RBS View Post
                I have a Trac-phone from Wal-Mart that cost 20 bucks. I buy more minutes on plastic cards and because I bought a bonus pack whatever minutes I buy are doubled for the life of the phone. It make and receive calls and that's all I want. I think I can text but I don't. Generally it stays in the car because that seems to be where I am using it the most. When I go somewhere I have never been - I grab it and take it with me in case I wander off and get lost.
                a trac phones just a phone isnt it oh well at least your happy with it

Originally posted by shootermagavin View Post
                being your first phone you should definitley go for pre-paid clank, you can't get into trouble that way
                No its not my first one, at the moment i have this pile of rubbish, cost me £170 when i first bought it, now i hate it

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w880-1838.php

Originally posted by Crimsonthread View Post
                I don't think this is Clank's first phone, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm like RBS... as long as I can talk on it, that's good enough for me. I have a camera to take pictures, an MP3 player to play music, a computer for internet, and a phone to talk on... and I don't mind that they're not all on the same machine.
                Well the one i mentioned in the first post has an 8mp camera, youtube usage, wi fi, walkman. Well at least your happy with it
                New York!

Now you're in New York!

Comment

Another reason I'm happy with just a plain old cell is that fancy stuff tends to "walk off." Another teacher at my school had a iPhone, and a student stole it. Nobody wants my beat up phone!
                  Last edited by Crimsonthread; 07-13-2009, 19:10:29.
                  sigpic

Comment

I personally love the blackberry storm so you could try one of those I also love how the newest version of the Iphone is getting things like video and copy and paste that the blackberry had to begin with

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...130s&HBX_OU=50

Comment

@crimson- I suppose lol, but when i went on a school trip (like yesterday) and everyone had groovy phones, and i didnt lol

@heart- Umm i dont think a Blackberry is my thing I could get the new iphone if i wait till christmas lol
                      New York!

Now you're in New York!

Comment

I'm with crimson and RBS... I'm still kickin' it with a Razr

Comment

Haha LOL, *years and years and years* ago Lol
                          im debating on the one i mentioned in the first post and the new iphone

so does anyone know of any great and stylish and new phones?
                          New York!

Now you're in New York!

Comment

Working...
                          X