No announcement yet.

General Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I haven't tried that yet and I didn't know this was possible with FF too. I know this is possible with IE, so that's why I thought to give it a try with IE instead. (I just recently started to use FF actively)

Edit: I just saw that CCleaner is designed for IE. That's why it always delete all my FF cookies even when I uncheck the cookie option. I decide to play the riddle with IE, because I otherwise would have to delete all my private internet data manually (from IE aswell from FF) and I don't seem to be able to replace the current FF cookie.txt with an older saved version.

Now I only hope it isn't a cookie which makes it impossible for me to log out after some time.
    I will try to back up the specific gameon cookie from oddpawn once more and hope now I use IE it will work. Otherwise I will have to keep all my IE cookies like forever, since oddpawn never seems to end.

Anyways, thank you a whole lot again, Damar and Mystery. Because of you two, I could localize the problem.
    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Awww, good luck - I hope you can work it out

Comment

• Hi could someone show are tell how do i answer or get into private message, I have tried to get into it, not having any luck. HELP

Comment

• You get to your private messages by clicking on the link at the top right corner of this page, where you also see Welcome, chauche436.
          To answer a private message, just hit the Reply button, and add your message, then hit the Send button.
          Hope that helps, otherwise please post again

Comment

• If you click where it says "private messages" in the box at the top right hand corner, you can get to your messages from there.

EDIT : Nvm. Mistery beat me to it
            Attached Files

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness
            simply didn't know where to go shopping."

Comment

• I know this may sound stupid but is there a way I could download the site onto something, and it would have updates and everything? I have a computer in my room but it doesn't have Internet! Just wondering, cause it would save A LOT of hassle.
              sigpic
              "キン肉マンは永遠だ"

Soda Beverage of the Looney Bin

Comment

• To my knowledge you wouldn't be able to access Gamershood offline in "real time." I think there may be an option to access previously viewed pages offline, but not that you can download. Unfortunately, you do need the internet for this. Unless someone else has knowledge out there that's different than my own - which is always possible - I don't believe you can. (I'm not the best with all things computer. )

Comment

• So far I know, it is not possible to download the site onto your PC.
                  Although you can of course save an certain page onto your PC, but it wouldn't be updated, it only is a copy of the page as it was on the moment you saved it.
                  Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Technically it is possible to download and save a website to your pc and browse it as if online..you could use something like HTTrack which is free to do this..but as Escapegirl and Adventure have said it would not update without internet access and would take an incredible amount of space up..
                    so would in the end not be worth it..would it not be possible to use a wireless connection to get access in your room..is all i can think of

Comment

• Thanks for the help in answering, Adventure and Damar!

Comment

• Wow, never know this was possible. I googled a bit around and read the wiki article about it. It's interesting. I wonder how long it would take the web crawler to download everything. Thanks for this info, Damar.
                        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Thanks. I'll try to download some sites, anyway.
                          sigpic
                          "キン肉マンは永遠だ"

Soda Beverage of the Looney Bin

Comment

• Need a nice Birthday Card

Does anyone know of any good Birthday Card sites, preferably with horses?

Comment

• I know of two good e-cards sites.
                              www.123greetings.com
                              www.greet2k.com

They have nice cards
                              Cℓĭck Here to pℓαγ "Tђє First Door"
                              tђє мost cђαℓℓєηgĭηg oηℓĭηє qυєst.

"We don't stop playing games because we grow old,
                              we grow old because we stop playing games"
                              sigpic

Comment

• Thanks Becky. My old reliable sites have all changed so much (most want $$) I knew I could count on GH for fresh ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X