General Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDIT
    Hitman, I've tested it with our test account for regular users, and it should be also still available for regular users:

Click image for larger version

Name:	quicklinks.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1691917

Have you tried to log out, clear your cache and cookies, and log in again?

It seems very strange that it's gone for you

Let us know if after taking the steps mentioned above the problem still exists, thanks
    Then we might need to check your account.

EDIT
    Thanks Crimson for testing it as well

EDIT again:
    Hitman, my checking shows that you are still "user awaiting email confirmation".
    I'm going to manually confirm your account.
    Please check if it makes any difference

Comment

• Still the same! I made this screenshot, take a look:

EDIT: Yes, Mistery it's working just fine now! It must have been because I changed my e-mail and never got the verification mail! Thank you!
      Last edited by Hitman; 07-27-2009, 20:54:55.
      Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

• Okay, can you check again? I'm not sure if you tested before I manually confirmed your account

EDIT
        Yes, as I mentioned in my previous edit, you've been still "user awaiting email confirmation", and now I've confirmed your account manually
        Glad to hear that everything is fine for you now
        You're welcome

Comment

• Hi!

I've noticed that a Similar Threads section now appears at the bottom of every thread. However I can't see how most threads in there are related to the main thread. They look random to see so I don't see the purpose to this section.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hi Elle,
            The Similar Threads section has always been there at the bottom of the page.
            On request by a member to find similar threads, it has been now put right under the last post, and the counter updated.

Looking at what shows up there, I have to agree that for some threads, there are quite good matches, whereas for others the matches are not the best. This is also being discussed in moderation as we are not quite satisfied with its results. We need to check on what these automatically displayed matches are based, and see if we can do anything to make them better.

Comment

• Funny that I just noticed it's existence. Probably because it's now located in a different spot. Thx Mistery.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by elle View Post
                Funny that I just noticed it's existence. Probably because it's now located in a different spot. Thx Mistery.
                That's party correct. Similar threads was only half activated (only one of the two settings was enabled). Therefor only the threads that existed at the time it got introduced did get similar threads. But all the new created threads didn't, because it wasn't fully enabled yet. The counter update finished the job, so all threads new and old would have them.

But yes, it's also true that the similar threads' position has changed. At first it was was located below the posting rules, and now it moved up directly above the tags.

Edit: If you prefer, you can hide similar threads with the view/hide icon on the top right of the similar threads frame.
                Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure View Post
                  Edit: If you prefer, you can hide similar threads with the view/hide icon on the top right of the similar threads frame.
                  Thx Adventure. I didn't notice the view/hide icon. I prefer to hide this section. Thx again
                  sigpic

Comment

• How come some people can't add friends

Comment

• Because they never confirmed their email and still are in the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation usergroup. They have to check their email (also the junk folder) and use the link that was sent to them to gain full membership. In case they didn't got this email, let them contact one of the moderators. We will email the activation codes yet another time, or confirm the member manually.
                      Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• if i wanted to play Take Something Literally again, all of the answers would be completed. How can I make it that it resets?

Comment

• I'd say try to delete the cookies in your browser.

Comment

• i believe that didn't work....... I'll give you another instance. If i was to go to a game site which has poker, it already has my username in the field, even when i clear my history and everything

Comment

• Then also delete your history, form and search history.

For the username, you may have used the save password feature, or the remember form history, which does auto complete forms that you have already filled in as long as the form history is still on your hard drive.

Comment

• can't get that to work Mistery

How come i can't see people's backgrounds when i log in

Comment

Working...
                                X