X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by linkinpark333 View Post
    hmm i wonder if a treasure hunt could be made on gamershood
    u would receive a clue then go to the correct place on the forums to receive the next clue and so on...
    That makes me think of the advent calendar on Nord. I think it's possible in theory. The one who makes the treasure hunt, creates a thread with the rules and the first hint, and they can edit their old posts to add the new clues.
    Not sure how it work out in reality, but the idea is certainly interesting.

Sorry to hear you still have troubles creating pages with webs. Did you already looked for tutorials on Youtube?
    Last edited by Adventure; 01-06-2010, 22:04:11.
    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• @mistery
      creating the levels
      although the technical part would be great too if u like

@adventure
      yes i tried youtube (i found how to create a website using webs.com)
      but not a riddle game
      Last edited by linkinpark333; 01-06-2010, 22:31:25.

Comment

• Hmmm, I can't imagine at the moment how to make a step-by-step instruction on how to create levels I mean if I made a step-by-step tutorial for 5 levels for example, then you'd have 5 levels created by me and not your own riddle...
        You are an avid riddle player, so you know the usual "tricks" that are used. And of course, if you feel creative, you can come up with your custom ideas. I don't think that there is a recipe how to create riddle levels.

I usually have some basic ideas about puzzles that I want to include, then look around on Purplehell and some other sites for codes and ciphers, and do lots of searches on Wikipedia.

I'd be really happy to help, but currently I just can't think how without creating your riddle

For the technical part, feel free to ask here for support with a description of your problem:
        http://www.gamershood.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94

Comment

• sry i meant the techincal part
          posting it onto a website

thnxs for the link
          hmm... what should i do it on

btw do u prefer themed riddles or just a normal one

Comment

• Since this thread is meant for suggestions for GH Forums, can I ask you to post your questions concerning your riddle here? http://www.gamershood.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94
            Thank you

Comment

• ok i did
              i would have answer earlier but my internet shut down on me!
              luckily i know how to get it back

Comment

• The suggestion of a "scavenger hunt" based on GH is very similar to several others that I know about-

1. As Adventure noted- the Advent Calendar on Nord. Usually an Admin or SuperMod did this .. or if at all possible you can enlist the help of the mods to have more places to hide clues/hints. We also had an Egg Hunt one year- the member did this all herself... created a list of hints/clues to who the members were- eggs were hidden in their guestbook profiles.

2. An old member of Nord once did a riddle and many of his levels were based on Nordinho and the members. Sadly it is no longer available I loved it and did finish it- was wildly popular then (around 2005-2006)

3. Clever Waste of Time does their own version of a "Scavenger Hunt"-- called Invasion. A clue/riddle is given on the forum. The teams must solve the riddle to find the final destination- then snap a picture of it in real time (with team sign) to win the round. "Rounds" are equivalent to levels. This takes longer but is an interesting way to meet people from all over. More info here:
                CWoT Invasion II.
                He SAYS he's starting Invasion II part 2 in January but I don't see any news yet. The original Invasion forum is gone but if you find the CWoT Riddle forum there is a section in there with threads for all the rounds including solutions.

There is also a good thread somewhere on the Purple Hell forum by Coyote Ugly about either creating or solving riddles I don't remember now.

Good luck
                Last edited by DuckBoy; 01-07-2010, 23:12:30.

Comment

• Thank you for the info Duckie! We're still currently discussing this and your input and ideas are helpful.

Comment

• I stumbled onto this post
                    http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...4&postcount=54
                    I don't know if this button still exists (never seen it), but I would love if you could organize games by their submitting date.

When games are moved fast from the New Games sub-forum to their categories, it's easy to miss games. Certainly when you didn't check for new games for a longer time.

Or when that's complicated or not possible, maybe it would be possible to just add the submitting date after each thread without having to view the lead post? I know Nord had this before they moved to the new site.
                    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• I don't know what is technically possible in VBulletin (Nordinho has used some custom made things). I'll ask GamersHood what is possible.
                      However, if you want to check new games, it's the easiest to go to gamershood.com where you can list the games by date, and even by genre plus date

Comment

• Thanks Mystery.
                        I especially go to the main game page to check out the new games from time to time. I just think it would be nice to have such feature on the forums too. No rush or anything, and if it gets difficult then nevermind.
                        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Just got a reply from Gamershood and he said that it's possible to sort threads by their creation date. Gonna check it.

EDIT:

Comment

• I thought I knew about everything about the forums here, but I totally missed to check out that drop down menu. That option is just what I needed.
                            Thanks a lot, Mystery and Gamershood!
                            Last edited by Adventure; 01-21-2010, 16:00:00.
                            Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• No problem, I didn't think of it either

Comment

• Would making a thread about easy point and click games(adventure/spot the difference/escape room), or any game, sound reasonable..... I like to play them but i don't know which ones to go to for a fun time. Maybe a rating on the difficulty.

Comment

Working...
                                X