Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. You have the possibility to view games by category AND date on the game site, e.g. for point-and-click games in order of date:

http://www.gamershood.com/list.php?id=4&order=date&p=1

2. The descriptions of the games are given by the poster, and not necessarily by the moderators; though you are correct, some of the moderators do not use English as their primary language, like myself

3. Well, there are players who like riddle games

I hope that my answer clears it for you, if you have any questions left, please post again

Comment

Originally posted by booger
      I cannot help but add how poor the descriptions of some games and
      their play is presented. My only guess is many of the moderators do not
      use English as their primary language.
      Probably you're mentioning me in your post. I have to admit that my English is poor and there're little descriptions of the games I've submitted so far. BUT it's not because many moderators don't use English as their primary language, but just my English ability.

I want you to understand that I'd submitted the games even before becoming a moderator, to introduce the Japanese games in this site.

And if many mambers want the good descriptons of the games, which I can't work because of the limits of time and my English, maybe I should stop introducing the games from now on.

Comment

No, no, no no, no ... dear lili. Descriptions don't make the game. If one cannot understand a Japanese game because the description is not long enough, then PM:ing you I think is a better solution. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaase don't stop submitting games . I have so much fun with Japanese room escape games. Also, as a game admitter, I think you have always done a very very good job
        Think of this if you are in doubt: you have my full support as a game admitter

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

Wow Lili people can be jerks you know so don't listen to them I've played a bunch of your games I really don't read the discriptions. So don't go blaming your bad english abilities I've understood plenty of it and enjoyed all your games you submitted so next time someone says something rude just brush it off because some people do it just for the attention. So ignore them next time, and PLEASE keep submitting games for us to play
          DA Goofy Hawaiian Seal of GamersHood

Lost in a room trying to escape

Beam me up scotty!

Comment

Forgive me if this exists but I haven't spotted it. A feature to view games in
            a specific category by submission date as opposed to alphabetical order would be nice.
            There is feature to view games by submission date or in alphabetic order within a specific game category.

Go to: www.gamershood.com
            Choose the game category you want in the games menu.
            Click the sort method you prefer (see screenshot).

Originally posted by lili
            Probably you're mentioning me in your post. I have to admit that my English is poor and there're little descriptions of the games I've submitted so far. BUT it's not because many moderators don't use English as their primary language, but just my English ability.

I want you to understand that I'd submitted the games even before becoming a moderator, to introduce the Japanese games in this site.

And if many mambers want the good descriptons of the games, which I can't work because of the limits of time and my English, maybe I should stop introducing the games from now on.
            @Lili, don't feel personal attacked by this all. There are many members who submit games and a lot of them do not use English as their primary language. In example myself, although I haven't submitted a game in a very long time, I am a member who is struggling with English more then I like. And even the ones who use English as their primary language are not always that good in English, but that doesn't matter. Every submitting of a game is appreciated, if it's only the effort a member has put into this. And a little note aside, sometimes there isn't a game description at all, whatever the primary language of the submitter is. But by just playing the game and helping each other out, this hasn't be a problem at all. Again, there is no reason to feel vocative by this, you are doing great, really. And even if there is something unclear, they can always ask. Please don't stop with submitting games, because some members start to moan about game descriptions.
            Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Lilli, Neener, and Adventure!! What you all wrote in your posts really help me a lot. I will keep looking for the games to submit inhere. But forgive me, probably I can't put good description of them...

Thank you all again.

Comment

Newly suggested games or more or less chronological. But there are folks
                like myself who think riddles aren't games at all and are overly abundant :-).

I admittedly don't care for anything on gamershood but the pnc games.
                Unfortunately when I don't watch the new games list I will occasionally miss
                a good one.
                Riddles are the most active forum here, & because these games are so well loved, you may see the ative members submit them, because they love these games so much.

Personally, I prefer the Escape games & I prefer not to play riddles either. I also like the action packed arcade games, so I too love when they are submitted. If you see your favorite types are not here, you should really submit some. You are always able to add your favorite types, so when you come you can find them here.

I think all the games should have bunnies in them & there are way more games without them, but it would be insane for me to expect others to want just them here. LOL I'm not going to dismiss other's favorites.

I cannot help but add how poor the descriptions of some games and
                their play is presented. My only guess is many of the moderators do not
                use English as their primary language.
                We leave the addition of games mostly up to what the members would like to add. If you would like to see more of you favorite PNC games, please add them here. I'm always adding more bunny games.

Oh... & by the way, I've been a moderator here for a while, English IS my 1st language, & I literally aced my English courses in college. I personally, see that there are great explanations to the games, on the main page. The Game site owner may not have English as his first language, but he always gives an excellent English description for what each game is about. Maybe you should look at those pages more closely. As Adventure says, you can even organize the pages alphabetically. Your arguments really don't stand up if you really look at those pages. You can organize them to your preference. Some of my moderator team members do not speak English as thier first language. However, they are ALL intellegent, ALL speak English quite well, & understand it quite well, so I find this comment unfounded as well.
                Last edited by OneBun; 06-02-2007, 18:38:21.
                Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
                Looney GHer!

Comment

maybe something like bumping threads every 20 minutes???
                  say theres a thread thats in the same section as yours but it has no new posts and yours does, so you can bump the thread to make it come out on the forums every 20 minutes??, ok i know you dont understand this but its hard to explain........oh and only the creator of the thread can bump it
                  i am.....

bat cat mateys: george147, escapegirl, darknight ,
                  mystery, Becky, onebun, lilliput , lili, jenni, electrogirl, mitty and doglover!jcatlz101 if youwant to be my matey just talk to me

oh and....
                  my best riddle: www.freewebs.com/testriddle/1st to finish: no one yet!

Comment

No bumping of threads. Double/multiple posts are not allowed for anyone. Be patient

Comment

edit times and button?
                      say spoilers have buttons you could have an edit button to see what time the person wrote the edit , because sometimes its like a game a year old and someone needs help on it, so they edit their last post,but people just think that the person wrote the edit a year ago and they dont give help
                      i am.....

bat cat mateys: george147, escapegirl, darknight ,
                      mystery, Becky, onebun, lilliput , lili, jenni, electrogirl, mitty and doglover!jcatlz101 if youwant to be my matey just talk to me

oh and....
                      my best riddle: www.freewebs.com/testriddle/1st to finish: no one yet!

Comment

If someone edits a post, there is a little text at the bottom of the post saying when and by whom it was edited.
                        For example: "Last edited by Mistery : 1 Week Ago at 08:12 AM."

Bumping threads in general should not be done, and is not allowed.
                        However, we don't mind if someone who has not received an answer after 1-2 weeks, posts again.

Comment

Dissapointed in Gamershood Online Games Paradise

Lately i've become dissapointed in Gamershood. Very few new games, and they are not online.
                          Whatever happened to "Online Games Paradise"???
                          I don't play games that i have to download because i get problems with my pc.
                          I only play online.
                          Please, don't give us anymore downloadable games!!!
                          Keep them Online!
                          I've been a Gamershood fan for a long time, but that changed this summer, with all the downloadables.

Comment

Hi aniholl. Well I think that we have continually added a lot of new online games since ever. I'm not sure if you have read the Rules and are aware of the fact that all new games are posted in the New Games subforum. These are usually added to gamershood.com about 3 times per week, however in exceptional cases (if GamersHood is very busy or in vacation), this can take more time. This has been the case in the last 2 weeks, so that less new games have been added to gamershood.com as usual. But a lot of new games are in the New Games subforum and ready to play for members and guests. The amount of new online games hasn't changed over time, and therefore the name Online Games Paradise is still valid

About the downloadable games: There are members who also enjoy to play those games, therefore we won't stop adding them. The majority of the added games are still online games, and you can just take a look at your favorite categories of games. Nobody is forced to play download games, but members who like them, should be able to do so.

Comment

what about a vidiogames forum

I'm smilie mad
                              ENTER A GLOWING GATE TO FIND MOLE
                              MOLE OF THE LOONEY BIN.ELITE MOLE OF GFARDTO
                              Online sisters suzy
                              ~virgo~&zillah
                              long lost bro:hitman
                              MOM:nefertiti
                              DAD:party4ever
                              UNCLE:yorick
                              AUNTS:mcakkay&DIA

sigpic

Comment

We have several threads for video games:
                                http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...ght=video+game
                                Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X