Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First I want to thank you all for the great games and lovely company here on GH! I've become very addicted to all the characters and the games, especially riddles, in the past few weeks .
    So for that!

I've noticed that the moderators very often have to replace new games posted by members/users from whatever subcategory to the New Games category. Why don't you disable the possibility to post in the other games categories? There must be a way to do that through changing read and write rights, isn't there? I think it will save you as moderators some (or maybe even quite some) work, that you will be able to spend on other activities (such as playing the forum games or visiting the Chit Chat 3 ).
    Maybe this is something you've already thought about and isn't possible, sorry then .

Thanks again for making GH such a welcoming and entertaining place!
    Iva

GHFGNP with SimplyCrazy aka Gekkie

Fly by the seat of your pants

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for your friendly words, your positive feedback and the fact that you are caring about GH and us mods, Iva. This is very much appreciated.

So far as I know it is indeed possible to disable the possibility to post new threads in a certain subforum, but then are members not able to post at all. You could resemble it with the sub-forum the bin. To be honest, I myself haven't really looked into this possibility and I will do this later today. (Unless in the main time another mod or our admin tells it not possible. ) But if the outcome tells it is indeed not possible, it isn't that worse. It only takes some seconds to move a thread from one sub-forum to another sub-forum. vBulletin software is very user-friendly.
      Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Graag gedaan

Well maybe it's not worth looking in to it, if you say that it's not too much work to move a thread

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Iva for your feedback! HUUUUUUUGE We love knowing that people enjoy the site, the games, and the people so much! And we're very happy to have you around, too!

I'm a fairly new mod myself...but my understanding is the same as Adventure's regarding your ideas. But thank you so much for thinking about it, and caring about us mods.

Comment

Thank you!

I thought it would be possible to divide read/write rights into posting a reply and creating a new thread, but I have no idea how vBulletin works, so maybe it is not an option

sigpic

Comment

Hello GH moderators and administrator. I've been surfing a lot of forums recently and I have noticed their user signatures. Most of them have picture signatures. All I'm asking is: Is there an option on vBulletin to have picture signatures? If not, then it's okay. I was just wondering, that's all. Maybe I have seen many forums but none of them can compare to GH. I mean really, this forum is the best. Everybody's friendly and stuff and I just love to spend time here.

Here is an example: [Picture attached in the end of the post]
              The credits for this signature go to user Kraxxuz at www.GTAForums.com (If I'm not allowed to post links to other forums then moderators can delete it freely).

Thanks again for making such a great place.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Hitman; 09-26-2007, 08:00:21.
              Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

Hi Hitman, thanks for your suggestion And also for your kind words, it's great that you feel well here
                We need to check this with GamersHood (admin). Please be patient until a reply/decision. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your nice words Hitman
                  Images in signatures will be available when i update the forums. At the moment i can´t allow images because i can´t control the size of images in signatures. The update will happen quite soon, i hope

He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

Comment

I just read the news Gamershood and I think that's great. Picture signatures will make this place even better. Becouse you know, all the youngsters want them. Thanks again
                    Last edited by Hitman; 09-25-2007, 22:20:07.

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

I absolutely love the new features. Especially the signature picture one. Thanks Gamershood.
                      Last edited by Hitman; 10-20-2007, 14:23:52.

PandaMan

sigpic

Comment

thanks from me too! I've always wanted to have Garfield on ma sig!!!
                        Thank you Gamershood forum for teaching me proper English without realizing it.

Comment

Well, I was looking at some chatbox thread and I think that thoug a chatbox would be a pain, a shoutbox would be pretty cool.

but it is GH's choice.

I'm just thinkin it would be pretty good.

Comment

yeah a shoutbox would be cool. OMG!!! LOOK OVER THERE!
                            Personal Quotes:"Fighting on the internet is like the Special Olympics. If you win, you're still retarded."
                            "First Unspoken Rule Of The Internet: Nobody gives a *bleep*"
                            Highlight the area below for a fortune about your life!
                            If you actually highlighted this, you have no life.

Comment

i thought i heard shout boxes werent aloud...... gamershood has chit chat but chat boxes just get creepy
                              Online family:
                              Online bro: Point click man
                              Online dad:RC-10M
                              Online sis in law:Ratgirl

Comment

i went to the bottom left hand corner of the forum and changed to "Orange Forest background..

also i think there is good things about the site on the bottom half but i probably alway miss them because i just scroll down to the Chit-Chat/Games/What did you listen to.. etc section

Comment

Working...
                                X