Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books

I am a book freak. Once I was reading 10 books at the same time! How many other people are like me, loving to read and play on the computer.
    My favorite books are Sherlock Holmes, Redwall, Lord of the Rings, the Prydian Chronicles and the Chronicles of Narnia.

I was wondering, how many people have read the sieres "Redwall" by Brain Jacques? I am about to start the sixth one out of 14.

A Little Ferret Thief
    OLGM Lilliput, OLM Escapegirl, OLD Darknight and OLB George
    Member of GFARDTO and the Looney Bin
    OHOHOH!! Check it out:
    My city: http://taesana.myminicity.com/
    Pretty Please!!!!! Please, please, please!!! I'll even beg *gets on knees*

i also love to read i love english books, i dunno why, i guess in english the words have different effect on me.. i like to read novels, with love stories nd all that romantic stuff i read the first or the second one of the cronicles of narnia in english, i liked it, read another one and threw it away

btw haven't read those books, sorry
    Dream as if you'll Live forever, Live as if you'll Die today

Ubi Gamershood, Caritas et Amor ibi est

Member of CST-Experiments team: Science Stable Supervisor !

With online mom Lilli and sisters EscapeGirl and Doglover!

Comment

Facts about Narnia:

I read the Chronicles of Narnia when I was younger. I think I was probably around 9 or 10 years old. I was raised by very religious people. They bought me the set of books because the stories stand for Bible stuff. I don't think very many people know that...like for example: Aslian the Lion is supposed to be a figure of "Jesus" giving his life for the sake of others. I like C. S. Lewis as an author, but people don't realize that this author was very religious and has written several books that focus in that area besides this book series.
      Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
      Looney GHer!

Comment

I love reading jess my favourite kind of books are true crime the most hard to read being a child called it by dave pelzer and i also love romantic ones like catherine cookson or josephine cox.
        Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal xxx
        sigpic

Comment

yeah, i caught on to the 'bible' theme the first time i watched it. the 'sons of adam' and 'daughters of eve' had me thinking about it, and then aslan sacrifcing himself. i'm not a big fan of religion, but the movie was great.
          my favorite book has to be The DaVinci Code. i'm sooooo exited for the movie!!!
          i read it about a year ago.
          http://pitbullsaviour.deviantart.com/
          http://www.myspace.com/pitbull_saviour

Comment

I love reading books a lot. I can spend whole day reading and never know whats going on around me.
            My favourite books are all the six books of Harry Potter. I simply love the way J.K.Rowling has described everything in so much detail. It is just wonderful. I feel like I am in a whole new fantasy world when I read Harry Potter.
            I like Sci-Fiction and suspence books too. I love reading all books written by R.L.Stine. Though I am 24, Goosebumps is still my favourite.
            "The Alchemist" was a wonderful book as well.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Eternal Becky; 07-25-2006, 14:29:08.
            Cℓĭck Here to pℓαγ "Tђє First Door"
            tђє мost cђαℓℓєηgĭηg oηℓĭηє qυєst.

"We don't stop playing games because we grow old,
            we grow old because we stop playing games"
            sigpic

Comment

Warning:

You need to be more careful not so say things which might be hurtful to others. Please see this edited post as your warning.
              Last edited by OneBun; 05-10-2006, 21:16:12.
              Life is Uncertain... Eat dessert first!

Comment

Originally posted by swineflesh
                You need to be more careful not so say things which might be hurtful to others. Please see this edited post as your warning.

What is this all about I just started this thread for those among us to talk about our books

A Little Ferret Thief
                OHOHOH!! Check it out:

Comment

There is nothing wrong with your thread. Swineflesh posted things that were not okay and his post was edited by a moderator, that's all :-)

Comment

how to become a moderator actually??

Comment

Moderators are chosen by the administrator (GamersHood). Read in the FAQ:
                      http://gamershood.com/forum/faq.php?...l&titlesonly=0

Comment

right thanks

Comment

Most of my reading is in the areas of research. It would probably bore most people...reading what I do. In some sort of sick way, I love my research.

(I did edit the earlier post by "swineflesh" because it did not relate to this topic and it had unkind words in it...I try to moderate this stuff before you all get stuck reading it. I want to keep this open for what you intended it for Jess. Sorry you all had to see my warning to them )
                          Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
                          Looney GHer!

Comment

What kind of research do you do Onebun.

(And good you edited that post of Swineflesh. I was kinda hurted cause I love the Potter books.)
                            Cℓĭck Here to pℓαγ "Tђє First Door"
                            tђє мost cђαℓℓєηgĭηg oηℓĭηє qυєst.

"We don't stop playing games because we grow old,
                            we grow old because we stop playing games"
                            sigpic

Comment

I didn't know what was written on swineflesh's post, that is why I asked.

I know what you feel, E.B. ( if swineflesh insaulted potter). I fanyone even dared to slip a harsh word aboput redwall, why I would. Most people to insault my earthly minor idol ( you know what I mean no "god" idols, being a christian and all), sherlock holmes

A Little Ferret Thief
                              OHOHOH!! Check it out:

Comment

Working...
                              X