Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pleeeaaseee help me!!!! (Catching A Spider)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleeeaaseee help me!!!! (Catching A Spider)

*whimpers* I'm such a girl! (but would I want to thought of as otherwise?) eh, I'm rambling....

...so here's the story....I went about cleaning the kitchen this morning and bent down to get a dishwasher tablet from beneathe the sink, when something black in the sink caught my eye. I jumped back and stopped breathing. (bearing in mind this incident is happening almost a week after plugging in the spider repellent thingy...) I crept a little closer and peeped over the edge and sure enough, sat right between the washing up bowl and the side of the sink...was a dirty big spider!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! It looks dead....all crouched up and actually looks like its begun to mould...??? (it's fluffy)

Ross told me via phone to boil the kettle and flush it down the drain......but GUESS WHAT....there's no water in the kettle!!! The kettle is TOO BIG for any other sink in the house.....I'm not going ANYWHERE near that spider infested sink.....so....ahem....

PLEASE send me all your "I'm a manly macho spider killing machine" vibes to me....because I feel positively sick and this spider is SO BIG that I'd happily let it live....but I can't touch it!!

...mabe I should call the RSPCA???

Please help me. I'm so scared!!!
    ~Official Author In Progress~ = um actually.

I'M A PUBLISHED AUTHOR NOW!!!

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/849060 - My very FIRST book!!

Totally addicted to Bass, wow ow oww!

I would take a big glass, vase, pot or whatever, walk calm and slow to the spider, and put it slowly over the spider, shove a paper/magazine under it and carry the spider outside. Don't move fast, it's likely it will run away.

We have big hairy spiders here too, so I have done it many times. Believe me that spider has more reason to be afraid than you. In his eyes you are huge enormous monster that can kill him in a second. You are the one in the advance!

Btw if the kettle is too huge for any sink, take a pan or pot instead, or use a mug or anything to fill the kettle with. But I don't see a reason to kill it.
    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

I would not want something that big down my drain. I read your wonderful account twice and still cannot tell if it is dead or alive. If you poke it with something and it is alive you are likely to scream, jump out of your skin and lose it when it runs off.

So either dead or alive I would use Adventures method - its humane and safe if you keep a steady hand and level head. Don't forget to prop the door to the outside open with a chair or something before you begin.

Please keep us updated and good luck.

Comment

Would you like to borrow my pet cat? She is the meanest spider exterminator known to mankind.

Comment

I also often use Adventure's method to get rid of spiders. *shivers* I'm not fond of them. as RBS said, make sure you have the door open before starting that, or else you're stuck with a crawling spider in a glass with a magazine underneath it, and no hands to open the door.

And, if your fear is too great to even get that close to it, I recommend banging on your neighbor's door (as long as you're on friendly terms ), and pleading for them to help. LOL

Comment

Oh my, I know how you feel, I got a spider phobia.
            The methods mentioned are the best if you want to put it outside alive.
            If necessary, do it in steps - like I often do.
            Put a glass over it, and when/if it starts to move, go away. Go back over and over again and try to put the thick paper underneath it. No worries, if you don't succeed right away, you'll get so angry and annoyed with time, that these feelings exceed the fear, and you're able to do it. Hehe, at least it works for me this way
            And when done, reward yourself for being a hero

Oh, and let us know how it went

Comment

So sorry I didn't respond!! Thanks for the replies peeps! The spider was indeed alive!! But I'm sorry to say that the spid didn't last long! soooo sorry!!

I had good intentions!! I accidently took out four of its legs because it turned out to be too large for a glass! Then I thought it mean to keep it alive in pain. So I killed it and hosed it down the drain! Was dead scary!!! Sad he died though.
              ~Official Author In Progress~ = um actually.

I'M A PUBLISHED AUTHOR NOW!!!

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/849060 - My very FIRST book!!

Totally addicted to Bass, wow ow oww!

Comment

Yeuk

Comment

RIP spider

Anyhow I'm glad that the problem has been solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistery View Post
                    RIP spider

Anyhow I'm glad that the problem has been solved.
                    More like disolved.

Comment

Try to idenify the spider and kill it if it's venomous.

Or trap it in a glass and save the spider and cook it at halloween and LEAVE IT ON AN ENEMY'S DOORSTEP!
                      GH's Gaomon Fanboy from Boston, MA!

Comment

Originally posted by Daisfunky View Post
                        *whimpers* I'm such a girl! (but would I want to thought of as otherwise?) eh, I'm rambling....

...so here's the story....I went about cleaning the kitchen this morning and bent down to get a dishwasher tablet from beneathe the sink, when something black in the sink caught my eye. I jumped back and stopped breathing. (bearing in mind this incident is happening almost a week after plugging in the spider repellent thingy...) I crept a little closer and peeped over the edge and sure enough, sat right between the washing up bowl and the side of the sink...was a dirty big spider!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! It looks dead....all crouched up and actually looks like its begun to mould...??? (it's fluffy)

Ross told me via phone to boil the kettle and flush it down the drain......but GUESS WHAT....there's no water in the kettle!!! The kettle is TOO BIG for any other sink in the house.....I'm not going ANYWHERE near that spider infested sink.....so....ahem....

PLEASE send me all your "I'm a manly macho spider killing machine" vibes to me....because I feel positively sick and this spider is SO BIG that I'd happily let it live....but I can't touch it!!

...mabe I should call the RSPCA???

Please help me. I'm so scared!!!
                        you need to find a way to well kill the spider or set it free,i do not like killin spiders either so well i set them free and even if it is dead u could like place it near and wall or on mud and if u do not like gettin ur hands dirty,dont bury it but like leave it in the mud..GOOD LUCK!
                        Last edited by RBS; 11-02-2009, 16:20:35. Reason: double posts not allowed, please use edit button

Comment

think of what the spider thinks when he sees a giant human,
                          who will be the most afraid. as long as its not a poisened spider ,(a black widow will make me think twice) but a normal house spider eats a lot of insects and do no harm.
                          human scare me more

Comment

We have Black Widows here,as long as you don't stick your hand in some dark place during the summer you'll be fine.

The Black Widow is actually quite a pretty spider,with it's patent leather finish & brilliant red hourglass marking.
                            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

i know ,we didnt have them here ,but by importing cars from the states they ended up here

Comment

Working...
                              X