Chit Chat 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everybody!
    My name is Inbal and I have something to share with you all. I live in Israel and I am a Jewish woman. The citizens that live in south side of our country are suffering a lot right now and it disturbs me a lot. I am living in the north side. I know this is not the right forum to discuss about this but I want to share every people of this plant. These citizens are suffering a lot of years from Hamas and other terrorist organizations. I don't know if you heard, but about 6 years ago we had a war in north side. Now we have serene in the north, but it isn't so quiet in the south side. These organizations are throwing mortar shells and Qassams on the people that did not do anything wrong besides living. I heard today in the news that Qassam had fell in penthouse building and the same Qassam caused to the murder of 3 innocent people and wound a little baby that doesn't experience a lot from the life. Now our soldiers and our government are starting an operation that called "Hamod hanan" and in English it called "cloud pillar". I have one request to ask from you all. The least I can do to the citizen of the south is this request. To every religion has its own god. I believe in one god and pray to him a lot to make peace and to stop this war and the well-being of our soldiers that are fighting to make peace. You have a lot of gods that you believe in. I have a request from you. I want you to pray also to your gods that will make finally the peace that we are hoping for come. Every single prayer is count. So please help me and pray with me. If you want to share your thought about this letter please feel free and write to any of these mails:
    inbal_be@hotmail.com
    Or
    inbal.ferera@gmail.com.
    I will be more than happy to hear from you all. So goodbye and thank you for listening and reading this long letter.
    Hoping patiently for your responses.
    Inbal Ferera!!!

Comment

• Shalom Inbal, Thank you for your boldness and forthrightness - being true to your name (Inbal).
      I have never read such a post before on this forum. Israel is just a tiny postage stamp on a large envelope in comparison to the surrounding nations. It must be very difficult for you all. Please be assured that we (my family and friends) are praying for you and beloved Israel.

This is a very special game forum. It provided a welcome diversion through some very painful times. I hope that you will also find this and find friends just as I did. Praying that HaShem will keep you safe.

Comment

• A quick funny from my sometimes goofy wife:

I told her my friend Gene C. (an excellent singer & performer,I sometimes play with him) was going to be in a production of "Driving Miss Daisy" & we should go.

She says "What role is he playing?"

I looked at her & said "Well,what do you think?"

"Oh,uh yeah...."

Gene's African-American
        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• So he is playing Miss Daisy then??
          From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Yvonne View Post
            So he is playing Miss Daisy then??
            very funny

Comment

• Yeah, I thought so too
              sigpic

Comment

• Turkey's in the brine & will be fried,pies are being made (with apples from our tree),I have real Yukon Gold potatoes (they make the BEST mashed),this year's locally grown corn on the cob,the requisite sweet potatoes with marshmellows (to which I add my 2 "secret" ingredients: Wild Turkey bourbon & New Mexico red chile ),along with mustard Brussels sprouts & bread made by Mom.To drink,numerous sodas & juices,eggnog,30 bottles of wine,5-6 kinds of whiskey,4-5 kinds of rum,3-4 kinds of tequila,brandy,gin,vermouth,various liqueurs & mixers.

That's what happens when you're 3rd generation bar & restaurant business .Not me though,can't stand the business,but I love to cook & entertain.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow American gamershooders....gamershoodians?......gamershoodit es?
                Last edited by Frantic Freddie; 11-22-2012, 04:30:49.
                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Sounds great Freddie! Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends
                  Hmm, I should try sweet potato and marshmellows, it sounds strange but I can see how it could work
                  sigpic

Comment

• Really easy to make Chocbubbles,take a large can of sweet potatoes & mash 'em up (take 'em out of the can 1st,it's easier ) with approximately 1/2 cup of brown sugar & 1-2 teaspoons of nutmeg & 2-3 tablespoons of butter (you can find exact metric measurements on most cooking sites),spead 'em in a 9"x9" glass pan & cover with marshmellows (big ones) so they touch,put in 350F oven for 20-30 minutes 'til the marshmellows are brown & crusty on top.
                    It's one of those "everybody makes it different" dishes,so feel free to experiment.
                    It's a traditional Thanksgiving side dish,though some people hate it

Mark Twain

Comment

• Ohh, yum! Definitely making this We don't have canned sweet potato here but always have fresh ones in the pantry so I'll use those. It doesn't matter what type is used right? I love golden sweet potato the best Think I'll have to make this for Christmas
                      sigpic

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to all
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chocbubbles View Post
                          Ohh, yum! Definitely making this We don't have canned sweet potato here but always have fresh ones in the pantry so I'll use those. It doesn't matter what type is used right? I love golden sweet potato the best Think I'll have to make this for Christmas
                          Darn,I forgot to tell you to put cinnamon in it too.Yeah fresh ones'll work,just cook 'em 'til they're soft so they'll mash nicely.Lemme know how they turn out!

Mark Twain

Comment

• A Joke
                            “I’m still angry at my parents for not buying me expensive rollerblades. Cheapskates.”

Comment

• ......horrible pun but still a good one...grin

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.

As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

Comment

• woohoo ,made it trough the day ,and the world is still here

Comment

Working...
                                X