Chit Chat 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adventure View Post
    I like reading your posts, FF, they have humor. But I don't know what to reply.
    We just bought a house (our first!) but apart from a lot of painting there and many little things to fix or renew, we didn't go for huge projects like rebuilding the bathroom or kitchen. It's fine as it is now and we are really happy. We live directly at the park - that should say enough.

You forgot the link.
    The fact that you enjoy my ramblings Adventure is enough of a reply & I'm glad you enjoy them. To quote Sheriff Black Bart "I always like to keep my audience riveted"

When I was a Realtor I'd always tell my first-time homebuyers to go to the hardware store, buy the biggest book on home repair & buy as many tools as the book said (& be prepared to buy more) & learn to use them. Some would ask why & I'd say "Because if you don't you'll be putting carpenters,electricians & plumbers kids through Harvard".
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Yep, sometimes it is best to learn to do things your self and only hire someone if it is really too much
      From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
      sigpic

Comment

• ROFL FF. but.. I rather don't end up in the tv show "help! my husband is a do-it-yourselfer".
        Or worse.. "help! my wife is it a do-it-yourselfer". Then he may go get a manicure and massage while I am frowned on by the entire nation and forced to fix all the damage I did or lacked to fix. tsssk LOL!
        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
          sigpic

Comment

• I NEVER let my wife touch any of my power tools & she's scared of them anyway. Just as well, this is the girl who trips over her own feet *looks over shoulder...OK, she's not here*

Trust me, I'm no master craftsman but I have some knowledge & what I don't have I find. I'm very careful when it comes to electrical work, having been around electronic instruments for so long (remind me to tell the story of how I almost electrocuted myself onstage once ) & when I have a project I can't tackle I call my neighbor, who's a commercial electric contractor (everyone should have neighbors like them, we love them).

I've been asked "Why don't you just hire somebody, you can afford it". Well, I like building & fixing things & the feeling of accomplishment. I like tackling problems & coming up with solutions.

I'd be out working now except for the fact that it's 107F outside! (that's 41C for you furriners )
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Hmm I've been gone too long...
              *wonders where the big sofa from Chit Chat 5 went*
              Online family:
              Online bro: Point click man
              Online dad:RC-10M
              Online sis in law:Ratgirl

Comment

• Hi invincible, Escape Girl used it as a scratcher and nobody got a new one....grin

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.

As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

Comment

• Eeep!
                  *orders a new one*

I'm afraid to look at the state of the "old" sofa.
                  Online family:
                  Online bro: Point click man
                  Online dad:RC-10M
                  Online sis in law:Ratgirl

Comment

• Sofa orders have to be placed with the Koala as she is the sofa expert...grin...

Sorry but posting a pic of the old one would be against forum rules

Comment

• Hurrah! Kzin is the new evil one. Now I finally can retire, hehe.

Freddy has 41 C and we have to do with 15-20 degrees C and lots of rain. But no complaining, I prefer our weather.
                      Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kzin View Post
                        Sofa orders have to be placed with the Koala as she is the sofa expert...grin...

Sorry but posting a pic of the old one would be against forum rules

You are mistaken me for old biker.....he recently bought a new one....

Originally posted by Adventure View Post
                        Hurrah! Kzin is the new evil one. Now I finally can retire, hehe.

Freddy has 41 C and we have to do with 15-20 degrees C and lots of rain. But no complaining, I prefer our weather.
                        I so not agree with you....I would prefer to have it a little bit warmer but then again....Koala's like warm weather
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure View Post
                          Hurrah! Kzin is the new evil one. Now I finally can retire, hehe.

Didn't you know Kzin was evil, here's a picture of his minions

Comment

• Sorry OscarW, you are mistaken, those are from Escape Girl.

Mine are here

Oh, no not Old Bikers taste in couchews...argh...they glow in the dark and have big flowers in clashing colours....My sunglasses, give me my sungalsses

Comment

• And nobody dare and try moving the couch

Comment

• They are all
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X