No announcement yet.

General News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had heard about a couple fault lines in the midwest USA. Glad it wasn't big. I'm quite familiar with earthquakes of that size.

Comment

• Originally posted by EscapeGirl View Post
      I had heard about a couple fault lines in the midwest USA. Glad it wasn't big. I'm quite familiar with earthquakes of that size.
      The biggest being the New Madrid Fault,it caused the largest earthquake in US history.

And on a related note,there may be a bigger eruption coming.
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Legend says it was so strong the mississppi ran backwards for idk how long, thats why we have reelfoot lake, in lake county of course.

Another earthquake hit the same spot today just at 10:15pm
        2.6 right now but not confirmed two earthquakes that are able to be felt in a place that does not have many earthquakes.

The one were i live on the other side of tennessee hast had a earthquake taht could be felt since the early 60's so why 2 in 48 hours...

There was one on the New Madrid Fault a few years ago adn it could be felt all teh way here it shook things i think some people felt it in south carolina if i remeber right, but it wasnt a devastating one i dont think there was much damage.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Frantic Freddie View Post
          The biggest being the New Madrid Fault,it caused the largest earthquake in US history.

And on a related note,there may be a bigger eruption coming.
          That's amazing. I had never heard of that fault line, nor that it had produced the largest earthquake in U.S. History! Ugh. Scary. Hopefully, like the San Andreas Fault (and its accompanying smaller faults) - so far - will only continue to release the pressure on the tectonic plates in small "doses" causing only minor earthquakes. But I do know that it is HIGHLY unlikely that there will not be another major earthquake along one of these faults. Hope everyone has their earthquake preparedness kits ready!!

Speaking of earthquakes, I was emailed the link to this archival site. I found it VERY interesting. Here's the link to video footage after San Francisco's 1906 Earthquake (7.9 magnitude).

This is part 1 of 3, I believe...(You can REALLY see a lot of devastation in this one...especially around 9:45 or so...)
          http://www.archive.org/details/SanFranc1906

And about the volcano in Iceland...ugh. I certainly hope that the other volcano remains inactive. It's already caused such a problem for all of Europe, not to mention how another volcanic eruption would be tragic for the villagers that live nearby...

Originally posted by funja View Post
          Legend says it was so strong the mississppi ran backwards for idk how long, thats why we have reelfoot lake, in lake county of course.

Another earthquake hit the same spot today just at 10:15pm
          2.6 right now but not confirmed two earthquakes that are able to be felt in a place that does not have many earthquakes.

The one were i live on the other side of tennessee hast had a earthquake taht could be felt since the early 60's so why 2 in 48 hours...

There was one on the New Madrid Fault a few years ago adn it could be felt all teh way here it shook things i think some people felt it in south carolina if i remeber right, but it wasnt a devastating one i dont think there was much damage.
          Again, I had no idea about any of this... Very interesting. But, as I just mentioned, I do hope that these small earthquakes are only relieving pressure and that there won't be any larger ones in the near future...

Comment

• Let's hope so,as much as I despise California's politics & my distaste of Hollyweird is epic,I have no wish to see the state suffer a major quake.
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• I hope not!!

Comment

• Staten Island Ferry Crash

Developing story on CNN. The Staten Island Ferry crashed into its dock. Hopefully only minor injuries.

Bad thing is being a Saturday I imagine most passengers were tourists. What a horrible thing to happen on vacation.

Comment

• http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/08...rminal/?hpt=T2

So far 60 injured people, but all with minor injuries fortunately.

Comment

• Cool Sighting in the Sky

Well it wasn't Mistery in her spaceship but it was close.

The Space Station with Atlantis docked just streaked over the Houston sky. It was so close you could make out the solar panels with naked eye.

Comment

• Really? Wow, how cool!

Comment

• Being this is a gaming forum, I think this is pretty relevant news.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/gaming....ex.html?hpt=C1

Comment

• I just imagined playing a room escape game with this technology
                          Or playing a fighting game with motion-sensors, all those muscle aches the next day

Comment

• Awww I would love the "Skittles" game cept I'd name it "Escape kitty"
                            Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
                            Looney GHer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mistery View Post
                              I just imagined playing a room escape game with this technology
                              Or playing a fighting game with motion-sensors, all those muscle aches the next day
                              What about that Terminal House game where you arm wrestle the robotic arm? I broke a sweat with that thing in 2D.

Comment

• Well...
                                I just hope that they will leave it at player input, and won't develop a more realistic technology with "effects", or you'll go with a broken arm and bruises to work, and say "Oh, well, I've just played Ninja Fighters last night"

Comment

Working...
                                X