No announcement yet.

Some New Artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bryce is very good for Landscapes and scenes, I think you can still get 5.5 free, that flash game with the rain was done in Bryce
    Truespace 7.6 is free.. my weapon of choice although I use an earlier version, I don't really need all the new features the newer one has

Comment

Thanks Nige, I know both of them. I think I've taken a look at all freeware/open source 3D software in the past months. Some are relatively easy to use for me, others are more difficult.
      I had a hard time with Truespace, I think it's a great software, but it needs time to learn it. I still have it installed, but not much time to really learn it at the moment. Probably I get back to it in my free week before Easter
      But I'm always thankful to get tipps about easy to use freeware tools that might add nice effects to my games

Comment

Originally posted by Mistery View Post
        How about this (not yet finished) pic?

[ATTACH]11813[/ATTACH]
        May I go swimming there? Very nice.

Originally posted by GODA View Post
        Well i think you are a very talented girl! Congratulations Mistery.
        a true artist

Agreed. Very talented!

Comment

Awww, thank you

Tried to create a landscape and a few more or less strange trees and bushes. Just work in (slow ) progress.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trees.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1691074

But with that low number of players, I don't know if I should hurry up anyway...

Comment

I found a new toy! its not much help in my quest to biuld the biggest, bestest game in the world (yeah right, thats gonna happen) but it'll help render pretty pictures
            Its called Kerkythea, its a renderer, you can get plugins for Sketchup, max, blender or standalone and imports 3DS OBJ.. and something i cant remember lol, does world sunlight, lights, texturing cameras etc.. oh and the most important.. its free

something I did earlier
            Attached Files

Comment

@Mistery...Awww...don't let yourself get down. Your games are really popular and I know people love them. You work hard, and always put out a good, fun, and challenging game. I really think that many people just don't notice the "In Progress" type threads. So many players are just drawn straight to the already completed games. I have no doubt you have fans, and I have no doubt that this game will be very popular. Have you also been posting your continuing artwork on places like Nordinho and such? I really do believe it's just a matter of people not seeing this thread. I love your games. (For the record, when I first came to this forum, I spent almost all my time in the games threads, and later in the chat (not that my post count shows that. ), and it took me quite some time to even pay attention to these other threads. ) Please keep up the wonderful work.

And I like that new image. I feel like climbing that tree when I get done swimming in the pond. Would you mind? (Love the bushes. Very realistic looking, too!)

@Nigec....WOW! That's awesome!!!! I don't know much (read: anything) about game creation and the creation of such images. Did you create that on your own, or was it a template? It's really fabulous. Great job!

@Both of you.....Love the images!! Keep up the good work!! It's because of people like you two, that we gamers have such a great time.

Comment

oh mistery no no noooo dont stop please hurry fast as you can we need your games to survive i wish i could make games like you and i would love to learn but alas <-- nvr used that word lol, i dont have anyone to teach me how to use some of these things they get confusing and my hat is off to you for being able to do all those amazing 3-D graphics and wonderful and challenging puzzles please dont stop you do have an amzing pool of fans your last game hit over 50 pages in the first 2 days that is amazing better than most of the games already on here yuo are an amazing game desighner/creator/mod/??? i dont know what you do for a living lol but please you should never stop or slow down on creating your games every time you move your deadline back it makes alot of loonies more loonie waiting for it if you slow down even more do you knwo whats gonna happen to gh it will be even more chaotic(if thats possible) but mistery please never stop or even slow down you can get support from all of us, your fans, here on GH but pleas dont slow down and you can tell how much i care this is one of the longest posts i have typed and i have co-written a story lol
                sigpic

Comment

Mistery: you make such wonderful games! and everyone loves to play them! Don't ever think people don't enjoy playing them! We can see how much hard work you put into your games and how much thought also! you are a very talented person! I hope you keep making games!! I love the pictures you have posted!

*~The Shining Star of GH~~*

The riddlers gang: Vivi, Sumitra, Hunter, Bizarrochick, Monkey, Archaicdome, and Teeodd!
                  June 15th is fundayja day! July 9th is Teeodd day! July 10th is Sumitra day! July 11th is Shining day! September 13th is Crazy day! September 18th is Robot day! October 13th is Party 4 Ever day! March 15th is Archaicdome day!

*~a proud Mommy to be~*

Comment

Like everyone said, just take your time, we all get busy times, creative block, just can't be bothered moments, I had one of those that lasted 7 months last year! one friend has spent the last year debugging a big game and she's still finding more, I would of spat my dummy and binned it after one week lol

I might do some nice graphics in games but underneath they are usually rushed, and have very little story, Candy Boom wasn't even a game to begin with, the general plot was a idea from an AGS game called Johnny Evil.. for the past 3 years I've just been building up to something bigger tbh

The train is all my own work, it was an entry in a model contest and took under 2 hours, but will also be in my game so its all simple shapes

Comment

Well, Nigec, you did a fabulous job! I am amazed that it took under 2 hours. Seriously, great job.

Comment

@Nige
                        Great artwork And so fast? Wow!
                        You are lacking ideas? Make a storyline contest here

@Escape
                        Thank you!
                        I meant only few players were playing the game.
                        I know that this game development area is not much visited by most members.

@Shining
                        Thank you!

@Funja
                        Wow, I've been reading your post, and I ran out of breath
                        Thank you

Comment

you know i dont like commas lol srry
                          sigpic

Comment

@Escape
                            Thank you!
                            I meant only few players were playing the game.
                            I know that this game development area is not much visited by most members
                            I don't thinks its because people don't play the games, they just don't comment, unless they can't do it or think the game is cr*p. Friends will give an honest answer.
                            If I do progress threads its usually the kiss of death for my games, so I wait till its ready to test, the only reason I mentioned the Handyman remake is that I need help with a few things

You are lacking ideas? Make a storyline contest here
                            I used to love doing AGS's MAGS, but I've yet to see a multi engine contest that was successful. Having a set theme and a few rules is a great way to learn. I'm not very good at stories or working from anyone elses, the best I get is a beginning and an end with nothing inbetween lol.
                            I do have a story a friend wrote but its way to chatty and as yet I can't find away round it

Comment

How about this (not yet finished) pic?

[ATTACH]11813[/ATTACH]
                              Tried to create a landscape and a few more or less strange trees and bushes. Just work in (slow ) progress.

[ATTACH]11867[/ATTACH]

But with that low number of players, I don't know if I should hurry up anyway...
                              Wow, those look very realistic. You learned how to use this new software very fast. Truly great artwork!

But what do you mean with low number of players? You games were always popular. They still are. Am I missing something?
                              Either way you should take your time, and only spent time to it when you feel like it. Creating games should be relaxing, what make you feel good. Though I understand that others' enthusiasm works motivating, and is too essential. I agree, with Nigec to keep in mind not everyone post a comment after playing a game. Well, in case you forgot, I do love your games, adventure games, riddles, I just love them. The end result always are fantastic, and it clearly shows the effort you put in them. As long you enjoy creating games, never stop to create them.

P.S. sorry for spotting the new creation that late. For some reason I always miss out on this thread lately.. like the past 6 months or 12 months.

@Nigec, that train look awesome. Never played a game of you, I think. I better check them out when I have some time.
                              Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Thank you all for your encouragement

Some progress on the screen that I posted earlier as a sneak peek of the continuation of In Somnia - the rest will be (probably) kept secret

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen1_preview.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	1691107

Comment

Working...
                                X