No announcement yet.

Top Secret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any tips for method or value? I've tried everything for method, zooming in, clicking everywhere, playing, moving forwards and backwards through frame, the lot! even opening the movie in notepad!

and as for value, i've now taken 100 steps and still not there, i think that i'm going about it the wrong way. i'm interested with the fact that the word value is in bold.

Comment

• there is nowhere to enter any information on trial2.php
      it just has dots on the page

Comment

• Originally posted by brainisdead View Post
        there is nowhere to enter any information on trial2.php
        If you get that, it means the original page is no longer in your computer's memory (happened to me too). I had to start trial over from the beginning, but it's not that bad -- refresh is your friend

@iblamefish -- Just PM'd you hints for Method
        Last edited by Epic; 12-13-2007, 01:47:10. Reason: new stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by brainisdead View Post
          there is nowhere to enter any information on trial2.php
          you'll have to enter the 100 numbers in trial.php again...

Yes!!!

here's my official completion card!
          Last edited by Mistery; 12-13-2007, 04:22:28. Reason: MERGED POSTS. MAKING MORE THAN 1 POST IN A ROW IS AGAINST THE RULES. PLEASE USE THE EDIT BUTTON

Comment

• Woo Hoo! Congrats fish

I was #3 hahahahaha (all in good fun of course)
            Last edited by Epic; 12-13-2007, 02:07:55. Reason: so i didn't sound like a b*tch LOL

Comment

• thanks!

know of anymore annoying games like this? now that I've finished this, it feels like there's something missing... lol

can't live with it, can't live without it

Comment

• Well, Wayfarer's Riddle has 200 levels if you want to attempt that one LOL (there's a thread here for it). I haven't played it in a year, but you'll see a lot of frustrated posts from me last year

EDIT: Wayfarer's is similar -- lots of looking in source code, etc., but lots of googling and puzzle solving required as well. It's stictly a "change the URL" to advance riddle.

EDIT #2: Oh yeah, and there is a team actively working to solve it now. They are only on level 13 as of today (i know because they PM'd me for hints) so maybe you can catch up with them
                Last edited by Epic; 12-13-2007, 02:19:35. Reason: more info

Comment

• Level 1

Everyone says look in the source code for the file giving the clue for the password for the very first level, but there's absolutely nothing in the source code which says that you have to open a file. Please tell me i'm looking at the same source code for level 1 that you all have been looking at!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Mapa View Post
                    Everyone says look in the source code for the file giving the clue for the password for the very first level, but there's absolutely nothing in the source code which says that you have to open a file. Please tell me i'm looking at the same source code for level 1 that you all have been looking at!
                    Nope, no source code needed for part 1 of level 1. You need to read the source once you get to part 2 (many of these levels have multiple parts).

For the very first part, just enter EXACTLY what the sentence tells you to!

Comment

• no source code looking required, that was my first guess too. believe it or not, it actually tells you in plain english exactly what to do

thanks for the games epic, will have a look! better get off to bed now though I suppose as it's WAY past my bedtime, it's 2:30am here lol

Comment

• i'm done! #8
                        got tomorrow off then new chapters of oddpawn on friday.

Comment

• congrats brain!!!

Comment

• ooh, oddpawn looks good, will start that tomorrow me thinks

Comment

• After looking at some of the referring links to my challenge (because I admit I was very surprised to have over 800 people make it into level one within the first two days) I found this forum. I'm glad to know that people had fun with this! I might make another one in the future as I already have a few tricky ideas that I hadn't thought of until after publishing this one. However it will probably be a few months as anytime I make something like this, it takes a long while for my brain to be capable of making up new challenges LOL!

But thank you all for playing my game. For those of you who haven't finished yet, best of luck, and to those of you who have finished, congrats!

Comment

• For the latter part of level 5, I manipulated the file and
                                , but I still can't tell
                                any help?

Comment

Working...
                                X