No announcement yet.

General Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the moment certain threads are not going to be available. We are hoping we can clear up the problem shortly, but it may take a little time to get it sorted out. They are not actually gone, they just can't be seen at the moment. Once we get the problem fixed they should all go back to the way they were.

Edit: btw I know the game you are talking about. I'll take a look and see if I can find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure View Post
      That's odd. I am not sure what the problem could be. Even more strange is that this thread has a redirect to page 20 for you, because there isn't a page 20.

I too wonder if anyone else experience this same problems.

Edit: I logged out and then I experienced the same. I think I know what the cause is, but if it is I cannot do a thing about it right now. I am sorry.

But I will let the other mods know about this.

Thanks for helping!

*~The Shining Star of GH~~*

The riddlers gang: Vivi, Sumitra, Hunter, Bizarrochick, Monkey, Archaicdome, and Teeodd!
      June 15th is fundayja day! July 9th is Teeodd day! July 10th is Sumitra day! July 11th is Shining day! September 13th is Crazy day! September 18th is Robot day! October 13th is Party 4 Ever day! March 15th is Archaicdome day!

*~a proud Mommy to be~*

Comment

• when i open up a new tab Ctrl-R and then i close the IE.. it closes all the open tabs, but really i just wanted the one tab closed so i wonder if there's an option that it reminds you have more tabs open

Comment

• You need to set this option.

Choose "Warn me when closing multiple tabs"

http://www.computerworld.com/common/...b_settings.jpg

Comment

• I would like to know how I can back up a cookie and if it's possible, also how to restore a cookie. For the whole story see here:
            http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...postcount=9354

I feel quite stupid I don't know how to do this myself.
            Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• There are programs that can recover permanently deleted files. I don't know of any that are free though.

Comment

• If you are using ie you use file menu import export then follow the wizard if it is Firefox they are found in cookies.txt in your profile directory of firefox and you can just replace it with your saved cookies...

Comment

• @Jack, even if there is such a free program, I prefer to don't make use of it, because with deleting my temp. internet files, I also deleted a whole lot of other things. Plus downloading the program, restore all the files and delete them all again beside the cookie would probably take just as much time as going through all the levels again. I was still working on chapter 1, level 37 or something. So restarting the game wouldn't be that bad. I just hoped there was a simple way to reverse the change of the cookie. But thank you for your reply anyway.

@Damar, I am afraid I can't follow you. I really don't know where I can find my profile directory, unless you mean the cookie folder under privacy. But so far I know I can't replace or copy anything to it.
                  I am using IE aswell FF, but I used FF when I played oddpawn
                  Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• For FF, you find your profile like this:
                    C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile folder>

In this profile folder, you should find the cookies.txt as Damar mentioned. You can copy-paste it to another folder as backup, and then copy it back to this folder if necessary.

Note, that the Application Data folder is a hidden folder. To show hidden folders, open Windows Explorer and choose "Tools → Folder Options → View (tab) → Show hidden files and folders".

(If you still have problems finding it, then just make a system search for cookies.txt, make sure that you choose the option that it also searches hidden files.)

All I can think of for restoring cookies without using a software would be to make a system restore, and set the status of your system back to an earlier point. But with that new things that you have created would be lost.
                    And I suspect you wouldn't want to do a system restore anyway if not really necessary.

Just btw, this is a free software to create profile backup for Mozilla products (although I haven't tried it, so I can't tell more about it): http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Comment

• I will guess you are using windows xp if not let me know

go the start button..then click on run and type this in

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

then ok..a windows will open with the firefox profiles if you have more than one just chose yours..then you should be able to replace your cookies.txt file with the one you have already saved

hope that explains a bit better

Edit: Mystery beat me to it

Comment

• Yes, you are right Damar, this would be another way to get to the cookies

So you see, Adventure, you have now 3 different options
                        All ways lead to Rome

Comment

• A big thank you to you both. I will later this evening/night replay some levels and then run a test to see if it works. I will edit this post to let you know if it worked.

The cookie I saved stays unfortunately unusable.
                          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Good luck, I hope your test will work
                            If not, we will need to think about it once more

Comment

• It doesn't work. I made a back up from cookie (text document), deleted all my temp. internet settings (and more), replaced the new version of cookie with my saved one, but once I move around on the internet it automatically will be replaced with a new one. I am sure of this because the saved cookie file has a size of 6 KB and the new one only 3 KB. I tried it several times but my PC doesn't accept it.

I use CCleaner to get rid off all what I don't need, but even when I uncheck the setting cookies the date of the folder %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ will be removed. Of course I can decide to never remove my temp. internet settings, but if I do this, after some time, I won't be able to log out anymore from this site and because of security reasons I don't think this is wise. So I have to delete my temp. internet files once in a while.

Maybe I can better give up on this riddle.

Edit: Just thinking.. perhaps I will have more luck when I use IE to play oddpawn.
                              Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Hmm, you can set the options of Firefox, what private data should be deleted.
                                Have you already tried just to let delete the history, the secure connection etc. but not let delete your cookies?
                                You could still remove cookies that you don't need by using the cookie manager of FF, and leave all that are connected to the riddle.
                                Just an idea

Comment

Working...
                                X