No announcement yet.

General Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm saying, yeah this place is for games and chat, but I've seen serious sides of it.
    I think there should be a thread for serious politic disscusions, so it's not degraded by the jokes of the other thread. Tempers won't flare on here, because we know better than to argue with one another on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by someguy View Post
      Is there always a chance that we could make one only for elections?
      Sure, go ahead.

@Duckboy, thank you for your input and concerns. If it would go out of control, we simply will close the thread. But we have a few more "hot button" topics, and so far they too didn't get out of control.
      Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• I didn't get the post for a discussion, it was just a question that i asked Is there a political thread. yes or no

but you may know me as a person who likes to debate. So even if it's a hothead topic then really that's just the person's problem, (reminds me of CNN or Larry King type program where you see a split screen of 4 different people talking back and forth not letting the others speak) well this is not Larry King, and even though people might feel strong about their parties it is still a forum where people talk one at a time;
        and any abuse/harrassment is not tolerated,

but my question is answered i believe so thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by someguy View Post
          I'm saying, yeah this place is for games and chat, but I've seen serious sides of it.
          I think there should be a thread for serious politic disscusions, so it's not degraded by the jokes of the other thread. Tempers won't flare on here, because we know better than to argue with one another on here.
          I wouldn't go so far to say "tempers won't flare on here.. ". You just never know what can happen. I've been on other sites, maillists, groups and quite a few of them there's been the ideal of "Oh we could never argue or we'll never see tempers flare" yet- some time down the road it happens. It's human nature... its possible.

Never say never.

The trick is moderating and learning to debate properly and well (even then tempers can flare...)

And FWIW... I HAVE seen bad tempers on this site in the past in the GAMES section.

Adventure- good to know. I've not seen those as I rarely go into the chat section here. Plus the mods here seem to be pretty on top of things.

Comment

• I don't understand a site like Gamershood needing a forum for such topics...its a refuge to find games.

I do understand the chances are very good of meeting intriguing people (members) and you can private message your favorite folks anything.

Comment

• It's true that the GamersHood Forums main purpose are games and help with games. If I would answer the question if we need others thread with yes, I just could go ahead bin the whole sub-forum Chit Chat with the exception of the forum games, the creativity games, and the offline games chat. But as you all most likely have noticed members too like to chat with each other about all sort of things and too like to show their creativity on other fronts than only game related. If one of the topics members like to chat/discuss about is politics, elections or death penalty, then they are free to do so as long if everyone respects others their opinions, and it doesn't violate the forum rules. To answer the question if we need threads to discuss such topics, of course we don't need them per se. Personally I am not very fond of them, that is also why I don't take part of them, though I too think it can be interesting to read other their opinion about these matters, and I too can understand that some members like to discuss also more sensitive topics besides the many more lightly chat topics we have. Of course you can state the chit chat thread serves purpose to talk about anything, but many people dislike the more serious topics in that thread. To come to a conclusion I don't see a good reason to deny members the right to talk about politics or elections, while they are free they to talk about almost anything else. Just my opinion.
              Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Dumb question

What does OMB mean? I see it pop up a lot in the forum threads and it seems to replace OMG.

Stupid question I know but its been buggin' me.

Comment

• I think it is in the gamershood dictionary.
                  Maybe you wanna check there if you haven't?

Comment

• Originally posted by RBS View Post
                    What does OMB mean? I see it pop up a lot in the forum threads and it seems to replace OMG.

Stupid question I know but its been buggin' me.
                    OMB = Oh my Becky

Introduced after Eternal Becky once said I am god instead of I am good.

Edit: Odd enough, It's not in the GH dictionary
                    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• OMB I've just added it to the Dictionary
                      (It was there, but only as Oh my Becky, not as OMB)

@RBS
                      It's not a dumb question at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure View Post
                        OMB = Oh my Becky

Introduced after Eternal Becky once said I am god instead of I am good.

Edit: Odd enough, It's not in the GH dictionary
                        Hehe. That's classic! Thank you Adventure

Comment

• @Mystery, hmm, I didn't see it. Must have missed it. Thanks for adding.

@RBS, no problem. And yes, I typed god instead of good quite some times myself.

And Mistrey is right, it wasn't a dumb question at all.
                          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• I've actually been quite confused about that for some time, but never remembered to ask.
                            As for me I have my own little word.

foncused-meaning confused, but the word confused is made in a confusing way, making foncused.
                            I'm going to start using that.

Comment

• Why is there a lightbulb beside some things like Forum Games/ Creativity or/ Development..

Comment

• Why don't I get a reply/answer when I ask a question in the "contact us" window?

Comment

Working...
                                X