• Show
Clear All

• Back Kik
    Hope to see you around soon again
    From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
    sigpic

Comment

• Thank you, Yvonne.
      I'm glad that the people here haven't changed - still as sweet and lovely as I remember them.

Comment

• I wish, just once someone would say I'm dangerous...sigh...

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.

As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kzin View Post
          I wish, just once someone would say I'm dangerous...sigh...
          I am sorry....I could say it but no one would believe me so what it the point
          sigpic

Comment

• My wife keeps saying "You don't look dangerous, you look sick!"..sigh the story of my life

Comment

• But then again, if you're dangerous, you become somewhat of a liability, which isn't all tthat great either.

Comment

• lol...okay, giving up....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kzin View Post
                  My wife keeps saying "You don't look dangerous, you look sick!"..sigh the story of my life
                  *chortles* You mean sick like awesome!! (I have a rare moment here that I enjoy slang).

@kikki, I cannot recall you, but welcome back! So what are you going to do after graduation?
                  Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Hey Kzin & RBS,y'all were wonderin' about me playin' with the Hager Twins from Hee-Haw,here's the pics I have,yeah,they ain't great,they're scans from Polaroids

This was about 1981,in either Clovis or Portales,NM

That's me on the right & on drums on the others

The way it happened was,the Twins would book a tour & use the band that was playing that night in that bar to back them up.This wasn't hard,they were known primarily as entertainers,not musicians,so that any reaonably competent band could play their simple songs.They only did 2 45 minute sets.

I'm here to tell you my friends,their bar show was nothing like their Hee-Haw performances.They were very funny,but also very profane.During their 1st set one of them would turn around to me & yell "Faster,faster!" then the other one would yell "No,slower,slower!"

It was obvious to me they were just trying to mess with me,so I just smiled & said "OK" & kept the tempo exactly the same

So they decided me & the bass player (who also figured out their game) were cool,so they invited us to hang out in the back room with them (1st pic).

Like many performers,their on- & off-stage personas were completely different.They were really nice guys & very generous.Seein' as how it was the early '80s,I'll leave the definition of "generous" to your imaginations .
                    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Hi! I was wondering if anyone could help me with something... The cryptos forum is not being used now, and I can't figure a level out. Anyone want to help? (its the level with the nihilist cipher, I have the keywords)

Comment

• Hi Mj31,

to the GamersHood forums
                        I am sorry to say that I have no idea what you are talking about
                        Do you have a game link for me??
                        Is it a game we have here on GamersHood??
                        If we do have a thread for this game you are playing then you can also post your question there and it will pop up in the new posts section.

Edit:

Is it this one: http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...ihilist+cipher

I have not played this riddle but maybe linkinpark333 can help you.
                        You can write him a Private Message to see if he can

Good luck
                        sigpic

Comment

• We just got home from the Fiery Foods Show,had a great time & got a whole buncha good stuff

Coupla funny stories about the show:

Some years ago we stopped by a vendor that had some really nice jars for her "salsa" & tried some.Frankly it was awful,some kind of fruit jam with bell peppers in it.Trying to be diplomatic,I said "It's interesting to see what people put in their salsa"
                          Well,this woman swelled up & looked ready to spit nails,she says "This is the best stuff here,everything else is just HOT!!!"

Uh,lady,it is called the "Fiery Foods Show",what did you expect? :LOL:

The other story ia about the show itself.It started in Albuquerque,then the promoters decided that Alb wasn't "sophisticated" enough for such a highbrow show,so they moved it to Reno.It didn't do well there so they moved it to San Francisco,where they promptly lost not only their shirts,but their pants & most of their butts too .

So back to Albuquerque (where we know something about spicy food )& it's been enormously profitable for everyone.
                          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Gee, you forgot to send me an invite again...grin...and for the Salsa Lady

Comment

• I think I would like the salsa of that lady because I don't like HOT food
                              Glad that you had such a wonderful time.
                              It makes me wonder if I should move to the States to have such good times too but maybe we have things like this here too and I just don't know about them
                              sigpic

Comment

• Every place has something going on Yvonne,you just have to look for it.Me & my wife are always looking for something fun to do.Of course most of it's in the summer since we like to be outdoors.

I have some friends,well had,who,when they turned 50 just said "I'm old,I can't have fun anymore,I'll just sit here & wither away".Notice the "had",I don't see them anymore.

We like local festivals,we like to see ghost towns & ruins,camp out & fish.Since we drive one of our Jeeps we can go off the beaten path too,almost always find or see something interesting.

One thing I do since I like to bargain is when we find something (art,jewelry,antiques,etc...) we'd like to buy in some local shop in a little town is say "Hey,we're not tourists,we live here,can you give us a break on this?"
                                Works every time

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X