• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am buying online.. is that allowed?
    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Yeah it is allowed but after reading what Freddie wrote, I am not going to unless it is from the Wehkamp or Bol.com
      From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Adventure View Post
        I am buying online.. is that allowed?
        You should be fine as long you're not selling out

Comment

• SALE is up! SAve up to 50% on any item in The Kzin store! Just follow the steps in Frantic's post...lol.....

Buying is allowed from people/companies you can trust...grin...

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.

As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

Comment

• I'm back,didya miss me?

10 days in Pagosa Springs,Durango & Vallecito Lake in SW Colorado.Beautiful country,great food (with one exception) & friendly people.I have TONS of pics,some vids & tales to tell,including The Unfortunate Incident With The Boat.Came home with some good-sized trout & an unusual souvenir

I'll be sharing it with y'all over the next few days,stay tuned.....
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Hi Freddie, unsual souvenir? Hmm, you found your saucer again and finaly tracked down the evil hare?....

Comment

• @Freddie, can't wait to hear all about it. Sounds like you had a great time

@Kzin...
                sigpic

Comment

• The unusual souvenir is a Remington 870 20 ga shotgun,I believe it's a Youth Model but the Mrs really liked it so she bought it

We left home about 10 am headed for Pagosa Springs,Colorado,got to Cuba,NM in time for lunch & ate at a really nice place there,sat outside on a beautiful patio.Bought a jar of their salsa & a bottle each of red chile & green chile wine (actually Merlot & Blanc with those flavors).

Managed to miss the turn outside of Cuba so ended up taking an alternate route thru Dulce.We'd never been on that road & while it may have added maybe 1/2 hour to the drive,we didn't mind,hey,we're on vacation! Turned out to be a very picturesque drive.I love driving long distance,gimme the wheel & I'll happily sit there all day

Speakin' of pics,it's gonna take me a coupla days to get the good ones up on photobucket,bear with me,got about 500!!

Got to Pagosa Springs,checked into the condo.Nota Breve: My FIL has a timeshare with Wyndham & he gives all his kids a week every year,wherever we want to go,we just have to get there.

I played in Pagosa 30 years ago & this was the 1st time I'd been back.Turns out the condo was right next to the hotel I played at!

So we went out for dinner at the Bear Creek Saloon,didn't want a full dinner so we asked about appetizers.Ordered the Prime Rib Bruschetta & Chili Cheese Fries,ended up eatin' every bite,they were soooo good! (I call myself a redneck gourmet,I may be a redneck but I know good food).

So I notice there's a band set up on the stage & I ask the bartender if there's any jam sessions in town & the guy sittin' next to me says "You can sit in with us tonite"! Yep,turns out he's the leader of the band & they were in there grabbing dinner before they played.The drummer & me hit it off immediately ("How long have you been playing Freddie?" "I have drumsets older than you" ) he asked me for some tuning tips so we went over to his set & I showed him how just some little tweaks can make a big difference.So we sat & listened to them play some really good blues,rock & Southern rock.
                  The Mrs thought the rythm guitar player was really cute so I embarrassed them both by telling him that

Sat in with them on a couple of tunes & we all really enjoyed it (got vid of that I'll get up) & hit their tip jar heavily,they didn't have hardly any crowd & I know all too well what that's like,ain't no fun at all

In in a funny coincidence,I asked 'em where they'd be next,they told me Durango on Saturday."Well heck,guys" I said,"We'll be there too,seeya then!"

The next day was my b'day so we went shopping in downtown Pagosa,I got a new hat & we bought new fancy western shirts to wear on the train.
                  Then we went fishing,where in a moment of supreme clumsiness & stupidity I managed to close the scissors on my Swiss Army knife right across the tip of my left ring finger.
                  Yes,it hurt & yes,I bled all over the place.Other the the words "the" "and" "it" I can't repeat what I said here

Caught 2 trout & 2 perch that we kept out of the 15-20 we caught.

Next up,Chimney Rock & Durango.
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• I learned last Friday, at our little Oktoberfest celebration, that clowns do indeed hate people who hate clowns. Thank you birthday candle magic, that's exactly what I wanted to know.
                    Time is a mysterious thing. never eat it.

Comment

• OK,got some pics!

For you folks who have never been out west,here's a few from the drive up to Pagosa:

Cool rock formation:

Why yes,they do film a lot of movies here

The view from our condo in Pagosa & the condo itself:

Me playing with the band in Pagosa:

This is in downtown Pagosa & I have to find it,but I have a pic of the Mrs standing in that same spot 30 years ago

Yours truly

The hot springs

Then we went fishing & it was good

On to Durango,with a stop at Chimney Rock,an Ancestral Puebloan site.....to be continued.....
                      Last edited by Frantic Freddie; 10-13-2012, 21:47:33.

Mark Twain

Comment

• Thank you so much for these pictures Freddie!!!!
                        They are great and for those of us that will probably never be able to visit these places for ourselves it is like we have been there with you

Also loved to read about your trip so please keep these things coming
                        sigpic

Comment

• Thanks a bunch Yvonne,I like to share pics & tell stories,the Mrs & me love to drive & see places.

I may be an old guy ,but I embrace technology & I just love digital cameras,take as many pics as I want,doesn't cost anything beyond the price of the camera & SD cards unless I want to print them & even then it's cheaper then the old 35mm.

We had to check out of the condo in Pagosa at 10 am & couldn't check in at Durango 'til 4 pm,no prob,had a fine brunch in Pagosa (they had good coffee,always a sign of good food) & went shopping.Got some new fancy western shirts & a new hat for me to wear on Sunday for the train ride

I didn't know about Chimney Rock before but learned that it was on the way,so we stopped there.Had to wait for the tour to start,but it was pleasant,the weather was perfect (high 70sF-25+C) & sunny & I saw this handsome little fellow...WARNINGPIDER PIC

To give you an idea of what a monster he really his,here's him & my sz 11 boot

Migration time for them,they're harmless.

So you've clicked on the link above,here's some pics

Waiting for the tour

The lower area

oops,missed some pics,I'll get 'em

This is where we went

Part of the trail (coming back)....Yeah,that's a 300 foot drop on one side & 400 on the other,trail's only 10-12 feet (3 mtr) wide

Like I said,missing pics,but here's the structure with the kivas & it's built differently from the lower structures,it's Chacoan (we've been to Chaco,we recognized it),Google is your friend
                          Oops,somethin' went haywire,be back.....

Mark Twain

Comment

• Great pictures.........and good stories...and this one even ends with a cliffhanger

Comment

• We liked to go out and see and do things too and we didn't mind to drive around for hours.
                              Now I'll have to do these things all by my self but I will get ready to do stuff again, I'll just have to because I love to travel

Thanks again for these pics and comments as well
                              sigpic

Comment

• Still workin' on the pics & stories,but gotta mention this:

3 days after we got back,the band that I'd wanted to join,then they got a drummer,I was disappointed....well,they called me & said I had the gig YEEHAAAAAW!!!!

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X