No announcement yet.

Chit Chat 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if this has made the international news, but here in the American southwest we've had terrible (the newspeople are using the word "biblical") floods from freak rainstorms. The state north of me, Colorado, has been hit really hard, with 7 deaths so far & many homes destroyed. We've had 1 death but a lot of roads washed out, a couple of small towns are completely cut off right now.

Being as this is mountainous country the water doesn't just rise, it comes down in huge walls moving as fast as 50 mph/80 kph, it can destroy houses in seconds & carry even large vehicles away.

Don't worry about me, I'm in a safe area, on the side of a heavily wooded hill. The road we use almost got washed out but we have an alternate road.

And people ask why I only drive Jeeps
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• I have seen something on FB about roads closed but I didn't know why. This is awful!!!
      I am glad that you and the wife are safe tho but I hope it will all be over soon for all the other people.
      From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
      sigpic

Comment

• Yay!!!

Looks like we're going to the Cowboy Symposium, something I've wanted to do for years!

Couple of bonuses, one of the performers is Tommy Allsup, whom I met & partied with back in 2007 when I played with Sonny West at the Clovis Music Festival in 2007.

Also, ZZ Top is playing at the Inn of the Mountain Gods Friday night, it'll be the 7th or 8th time I've seen them, I love that Lil' Ol' Band from Texas
        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• The balloons are up!

Mark Twain

Comment

• Okay.....nice
            From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
            sigpic

Comment

• Been meanin' to get these pics from the Symposium up, but yes, I'm lazy

This was one of the bands, playin' some really good Western Swing:

I don't usually take pics of horses 'cause I'm used to seein' 'em, but this one was so pretty:

We bought a ticket to eat at a chuckwagon, I didn't get a pic of my meal, but it was beef stew over mashed potatoes, beans & a big (US style) biscuit, and yes, it was delicious

Yours truly:

The Mountain Men had a small camp & were, of course, trading (selling stuff):

Blacksmith at work:

We went to see Bob Boze Bell talk, he's the owner of True West magazine, I'd met him a few years ago in Monument Valley (a funny story) & of course had to get a pic:

These kids were very good, she has a great voice & knows how to use it:

Last edited by Frantic Freddie; 10-25-2013, 00:24:21.

Mark Twain

Comment

• On the way home we detoured a few miles to have a drink at the No Scum Allowed Saloon in White Oaks {that's my wife)

When we drove up I saw a guy on the patio & thought "Hmm, looks like my friend Doug" & sure enough it was

We've been there before & sat around the fire at night

These were for fun, took 'em on the way home:

We had a good time

Mark Twain

Comment

• So is there no one around here anymore???
                  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
                  Marc Anthony - Vivir Mi Vida
                  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Comment

• Me here

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.

As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

Comment

• Yay!
                      Good to see a familiar face after such a long time
                      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
                      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Comment

• Chat is mostly in game threads. Hihi...Good to see you again. How are you?

Comment

• Hi Tweety! Hi Kzin! I am still around too, but I rarely post.
                          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• Hi Adventure

@Kzin Those naughty members, doing what they shouldn't
                            I'm fine. Started replaying some old games here on GH.
                            Mostly riddles...started about a ten of them, finished zero

Glad to see that some of the "old" members are still here
                            ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
                            ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Comment

• I started many riddles, too. I never even solved the biggest one: Why do I start when I know I will not finished

Comment

• The thrill of it! You know...cos riddles are so exciting
                                ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
                                ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Comment

Working...
                                X