No announcement yet.

Amnesya (Special thread for level Stop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've reached STOP, and have read the posts here.

Some great ideas have been discussed -- very creative -- but most have proved fruitless (so far).

I don't think the "mean time" in the source is accidental; it either does refer to GMT, or the two, four-letter words were needed for some reason.

Even though we were told not to use a decompiler, I think the snake is important.

The biggest thing though, which has been minimally talked about, is the brain. It's the center of the image, it's central to the source clue, it's flashing, etc...
    I think some research might be needed on Cryogenics, which was very much in the news when around the time this level was created. They'll "take care of our brains", which again leads to this idea, with the brain (and head) being preserved even though the body has ceased to function, assuming that in the future they'll reattach it to a functioning body/host. I don't think the science of Cryogenics is the key here, just the idea and philosophy of preserving the brain for future use.

The flashing may have meaning, but my quick thought is it's not direct, as in a code.

The numbers are an obvious source for a clue, but you all have spent so much thought and effort on them that, if there were a clue hidden here, you would have found it by now.

The changing seasons in the source is no accident, and must be a significant clue, although I have no further thoughts than have already been expressed.

Finally, I must say the biggest thing I don't get is Squid and Dukes silence. After all this time, their actions (or lack thereof) are a great way to chase away a loyal following. I applaud their efforts (and all of yours), but I'm not going to waste weeks, months or years searching for obscure, buried, trivial, nearly-random clues in hopes of breaking through this puzzle. After all, it's only a game...

Maybe this is their way to "take a break" -- give us something to chew on until they're ready to return.

Hope this helps. I'll keep thinking, and reading...

Comment

• Originally posted by Baroo00 View Post
      Maybe this is their way to "take a break" -- give us something to chew on until they're ready to return.
      In my opinion, that would be psyhical violence towards desperate players..
      Besides, lvl Stop has been there since opening the site, about two years..

Comment

• Even though we were told not to use a decompiler, I think the snake is important.
        I thought everyone knew this... though I may be wrong... the whole idea about the temple is just a red herring! This is true since we must search google to find the temple (there is no google bar on the page), and we need to decompile to find the snake hint (we're not allowed to decompile!)

So, unless someone can prove me wrong, the whole temple idea should be thrown out.... but then again... THEONE did have that post on Amnesya... good luck fellow riddlers!
        Still on Stop

Comment

• SquidIKA was online in gamershood forum 6 days ago!!!
          GALATASARAY Turkey

I WANT MORE RIDDLES!

Comment

• About the google bar thing. Maybe google is not required to solve the level but it may help us. For example, the answer may be hidden in the http header. You don't get the answer unless you know how to fetch this information (or you may need to download a program to do this). In this case google is not required but googling stuff about how apache server, http and tcp/ip works will help.

Something I've been thinking the past days. Google http status codes. One hit is "10.2.2 201 Created" (remember the title). This code should be used when a new file is created to the server. Another hit is "10.5.4 503 Service Unavailable". This tag used to have entry "Retry-After" and some time which tells when the file is ready on the server. The time could be in format 25th April 2009 or 2 weeks after the tag is given. The tag tells for example to google bots when they should return to the page and then the page should be ready (again remember what it says in the source).

One idea to the solution is to make level Stop complete. Apparently it is not ready or under construction as it is. Like the folder name, it does not belong to AA-AE. Maybe the answer is to correct all this or the answer is what is wrong with the level or why is it not ready. So the answer could also be in error folder where the 404 lies.

Comment

• hello everyone im not in this level yet in Amneysya but havent u considered that this was a fake level or not?

just a suggestion
              ~~~Cookies are the best weapon against war~~~

Mwahaha
              Epicc people::Escapade a.k.a. EscapeGirl Jee etch Juan a.k.a. Gh1 Clankity Clank Clank a.k.a. Clank
              Elle! a.k.a. uhm.. Elle Bronny! a.k.a. Bronwyn Shineeyy a.k.a. Shining Star
              and otherss... You Know Who You Are

Stacking Ftw:3-3-3:2.11 3-6-3:2.61 Cycle:7.13!!
              Wish me luck for the Six!!!

Comment

• A fake level, as in fake "stop" : a regular level in "stop" disguise, or a complete "fake" : a level created solely to throw everybody off the track?
                Proud Member of the Dunce Hat Society

Comment

• A thought about cookies and tracking.

I found about a month ago a test site of amnesya from 2006. The disclaimer there says:

"Amnesya.com does not use cookies or any other system to trace connected users. Advertising banners present on the Site belong to third parties, redirecting users to relevant websites. Therefore, Amnesya.com shall not be considered liable in the event of users clicking on a banner and detecting third-party cookies. Amnesya.com suggests users to read third-party advertiser privacy policies and related cookie use."

It seems they have changed their mind, because today privacy policy says they may collect, store and use IP addresses, cookies, length of visit and number of page views etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by binkygg View Post
                    hello everyone im not in this level yet in Amneysya but havent u considered that this was a fake level or not?

just a suggestion
                    Believe me, we thought much further than that. We even considered Stop to be fake most of the time but not fake on particular days
                    If you are pm'ing about any level, please post the level's number rather than just the level's title.

Comment

• Hehe okay
                      ~~~Cookies are the best weapon against war~~~

Mwahaha
                      Epicc people::Escapade a.k.a. EscapeGirl Jee etch Juan a.k.a. Gh1 Clankity Clank Clank a.k.a. Clank
                      Elle! a.k.a. uhm.. Elle Bronny! a.k.a. Bronwyn Shineeyy a.k.a. Shining Star
                      and otherss... You Know Who You Are

Stacking Ftw:3-3-3:2.11 3-6-3:2.61 Cycle:7.13!!
                      Wish me luck for the Six!!!

Comment

• After weeks and weeks of banging my head against walls, tables and cupboards I finally... got a headache... no, I finally reached level Stop too!!!

Comment

• Welcome MarkusZar!!!!!

What is your first idea about Stop?
                          GALATASARAY Turkey

I WANT MORE RIDDLES!

Comment

• Hello kaankanat,

it is difficult to tell right now. Somehow I have the feeling that some things just don't seem right. According to the URL I would say, that level AE might be the level to focus on. But I guess someone allready gave that a try (I mean restart the game from level AE).

According to the title of the Stop page I'd say, that something is not finished yet, the sy**** is being cr****. The question is, if we have to somehow finish this, perhaps at a certain time (the "wait till" hint in the source).

To me it seems strange, that the wizard.swf appears in the source...

Another thing: A long time ago I played a famous online riddle, named thisisnot****. I had to think about it, when I saw the barcode, because in this game there were barcodes too. Has anybody tried yet to converte the barcode?

Comment

• No we didnt try to decode barcode. Maybe you can decode it.

Note= I played notpron too and I finished it's positive levels.
                              GALATASARAY Turkey

I WANT MORE RIDDLES!

Comment

• @ kaankanat: I'll see what I can do about the barcode...

I didn't mean notpron, I meant thisisnot****. It was one of the first online riddles ever, and it was impossible to beat...

Comment

Working...
                                X